First grow ever. 5gal DWC

ok here's how she looked this morning:
DSC001081.JPG

made a batch of foliar feed. full strength was 1200 ppm so I cut it down to 450 ppm. sprayed it on at 4 pm.

here's how they look now:
DSC001101.JPG

DSC001111.JPG

DSC001121.JPG

The new growth always is great but after about 2 days they look like the previous leaves. That has happened to all of them.
no green stuff on the rockwool that I can see.

the relative humidity is pretty much always at 70
temp of the water is 78 degrees F.
How should I fix the issue of the water temperature? I was thinking of the frozen bottle of water method but, what do I do, just have a frozen bottle bobbing around in it. wouldn't that freeze the roots?

thanks in advance

:cough: cut the leaves :cough: :joint::cheesygrinsmiley::ganjamon::Rasta::grinjoint::allgood:

Colors are good, except on the old bad leaves. If it was mine, I;d chalk it up to an ass load of water. Keep an eye on the standards... PH, nutes, and temps. Look for bugs and all that. But I think you will see drastic improvement as the plant gets bigger and gets to put some of that water to use.

I say this because I;m lazy and start my plants in both ebb and flow, and in my drip buckets, with the same feeding schedule they will finish with. This means small plants get way more than they need, and they often look like this. In my experience (As long as I don't let em drown) the plant kinda grows up into it's environment.

That being said. If you don't want to wait... you can try lowering the water level a bit. Just reduce the amount of water available... don't cut it off. It should be dark and wet enough to protect the roots.

update:

DSC001141.JPG

DSC001191.JPG

DSC001221.JPG

ph is 6.02
air temp 77
water temp 78 (not sure how to but this must be brought down)
humidity at 68%
foliar fed yesterday with fish emulsion at 400 ppm
the tds meter reads the water as 150. it may be not calibrated correctly. going to change out the water tomorrow

any one know how often I should foliar feed?
(also dont worry headmed i'll probably cut the bad leaf parts off soon)

ph ain't crazy
air temp is good

humidity ain't bad
The tds meter read the guaranteed ph of the calibration fluid right?

Idea's for cooling reservoir:

Tethering frozen bottle of water to the bottom of the reservoir.

Get a water cooler (like a radiator) and run it.

Place your 5 gal reservoir in an cool water bath. (mix in some ice to cool faster). Leave it in a large body of water to help maintain temperature.

Go to LOWES or ACE or wherever and by a WHITE 5gal bucket (home depot tends to sell orange), so you don't have to use all that tape. Flat white is more reflective than that stuff. Not knocking you or your tape. I just use that stuff on the job. It's designed to work in warm temps and to seal, not really to be reflective... just blend more with the materials it commonly used on.

Also... where are the air pumps located. They are pumping whatever the air temp in the room is directly into the reservoir! Get them shaded, and cool.

If you could cool the air before it's pumped in... you could also cool the reservoir. Like you could put them in an ice chest (above water line of course, and with the lid open enough to run your lines put) with a melting bag or two of store bought ice. Air temp in the cooler would probably drop into the low 40's high 30's. Then pumping that air through the water should cool it down.

I don't know. I'm medicated and thinking of ways to do it... some of them could be crazy.

You need to be patient. It's only been 4 days since you first posted pics. If new growth is healthy, and your fert levels are ok, your plant will continue healthy growth. It will take 3 to 5 days to really tell ok. Leaves curl down after watering/foliar spraying, but return to normal after a while. You do not want to go from a deficiency to an overload. Be patient.

update:
Realised that I measured out the wrong amount of nutrients earlier. Today I changed the water, nutrients at 510 ppm, half of whats recommended. (may not be calibrated too well because 510 seems low for half strength.

DSC001281.JPG

DSC001271.JPG

DSC001291.JPG

Looks like the leaves aren't starting to be destroyed like the earlier ones, hopefully the foliar feed was the solution

Is this grow still alive brother?
If so, please update us with some pictures and info...

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates…

Thanks and hope all is well in your world brother!...;)

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom