First Grow Ever - Closet 96Watt T5

Re: First Grow Ever.Closet.96W T5

Can't say exactly but it would have a measurable one. You can switch out bulbs as you get ~2700K ones and stop when you've achieved a 3:1 ratio of new ones, I suppose.

Cannabis plants go through a "stretch" phase during the first 40% of the flowering period.

Thanks TS...right now all 4 of my lights are 3000K. I'd hate to weaken the yield so i think i'm going to keep it that way and if Talls starts to get too tall, i'll start bending her to the side. would that be okay during flowering?
Hypo Hippy, Talls has stems that show red but the red doesn't show up on the leaves except for at the joint of the leaf. Did you ever figure out what the red on your/our plants were?
and some pictures...
A look at both plants:
4_19_10_both_plants2.JPG
4_19_10_both_plants.JPG

Talls:
4_19_10_talls.JPG
4_19_10_talls2.JPG

a shot at some of Talls' bud sites:
4_19_10_talls_bud_sites.JPG

red creeping onto the stems of Talls:
4_19_10_talls_red_stems.JPG

and Thickie:
4_19_10_thickie.JPG

a cool pic showing bud sites:
4_19_10_thickie_bud_sites.JPG

the main cola on Thickie:
4_19_10_thickie_main_cola.JPG

and trichomes starting to emerge on Thickie (the small bumps on the leaves):
4_19_10_thickie_trichomes_emerging.JPG

if Talls starts to get too tall, i'll start bending her to the side. would that be okay during flowering?

As long as you don't snap them, lol. Actually, a "break" is survivable as long as it's not severed. But keep in mind that the tops are where the action is so you don't want to bend it away from the light if you can avoid it. For one thing, with less than great lighting you won't have much penetration (it already looks dark at the bottoms of the plants). What I would do instead of waiting until I HAD to bend/train (and then simply bend it over) would be to start gently bending/training from as low on the plants as possible - be careful! - kind of like you were trying to slowly place "s-curves" into them. That has the benefit of allowing the flowering tops to remain the part closest to the lights, possibly allowing a person to drop their lights (thereby getting them closer to more of the plant(s)). It can also be done in minimal space if care is taken throughout.

Not the usual type of training I'd do in order to promote branching (when the intent is to get - and keep - the "top" below the remaining bulk of the plant) but it would seem to be a good way to get a more even canopy in a small space.

Your mileage may vary (YMMV), of course.

TS, thanks for the info as always. My plan was to do s-curves but it sounds much better to try it near the bottom so thanks for that. A have leaves dying daily at the bottom so i'm trying to devise a way right now to add a few extra CFLs...my closet sucks for hanging stuff and i live in an apt so i can't be drilling holes.
Japanfreak, my seeds came from outdoor bud and stress (i do know that one of these plants is from a stress seed and one is from outdoor Snowcap but i don't know which one as i keep all my seeds in one place) so i'm not sure how much longer she has in flowering. It's been 20 days so far so i'm thinking the growing might have another week at the most?
Thanks for dropping by scaredeecat

Very nice thread a question i hope that you can answer .... How many weeks under T5 lights or to what growth would you start taking clones from ... perhaps trying to get 5-7 clones off 1 plant?

How many weeks under T5 lights or to what growth would you start taking clones from ... perhaps trying to get 5-7 clones off 1 plant?

This is my first time growing so i don't when the optimum time is for taking clones is...but after about 7 weeks from sprouting in 18/6 lighting, my plants were just over a foot tall. at that point i probably could have taken 5-7 branches off and the plant would've been ok...so my hypothesis is 6-8 weeks.

Thanks TS...right now all 4 of my lights are 3000K. I'd hate to weaken the yield so i think i'm going to keep it that way and if Talls starts to get too tall, i'll start bending her to the side. would that be okay during flowering?
Hypo Hippy, Talls has stems that show red but the red doesn't show up on the leaves except for at the joint of the leaf. Did you ever figure out what the red on your/our plants were?
and some pictures...
A look at both plants:
4_19_10_both_plants2.JPG
4_19_10_both_plants.JPG

Talls:
4_19_10_talls.JPG
4_19_10_talls2.JPG

a shot at some of Talls' bud sites:
4_19_10_talls_bud_sites.JPG

red creeping onto the stems of Talls:
4_19_10_talls_red_stems.JPG

and Thickie:
4_19_10_thickie.JPG

a cool pic showing bud sites:
4_19_10_thickie_bud_sites.JPG

the main cola on Thickie:
4_19_10_thickie_main_cola.JPG

and trichomes starting to emerge on Thickie (the small bumps on the leaves):
4_19_10_thickie_trichomes_emerging.JPG

herb, i wish i could answer your question about the red stems.I really don't know, it hasn't seemed to effect my plants,i have tried calmag + and flushing to no real effect.The clones i took seem to have the same thing.mabe a strain thing,most of the red is in the stems and not the leaves.your plants look mighty healthy.:goodluck:

Sorry for the long delay between updates...this is a dreadfully long process under T5s. I added two 23W 2700K CFLs for an additional 3280 lumens on the bottom. Here are some pics of the girls nearly two full months into flowering...
A shot of the lower bud sites from both plants:
5_26_10_buds.JPG

Thickie:
5_26_10_thickie.JPG

Thickie's lower buds:
5_26_10_thickie_body.JPG

Thickie's upper buds:
5_26_10_thickie_top.JPG

Thickie's main cola:
5_26_10_thickie_main_cola.JPG

Talls:
5_26_10_talls.JPG

Talls' lower buds:
5_26_10_talls_body.JPG

Talls' main cola and upper buds:
5_26_10_talls_top.JPG

How did this grow turn out?
We would love to be updated with some pictures and info!

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom