First Grow Ever - Closet 96Watt T5

Re: First Grow Ever.Closet.96W T5

HERB....your babes are looking very nice my man, very nice. Like Dro said...I felt like they would bounce back given some time and some TLC. Good job!

Does anyone know what causes the taco effect in the leaves? Also I can't figure out why some leaf tips curl up? Any leaf curling effects i found where accompanied with yellow/brown spots but mine are all green. The taco and curling leaves are much more predominant in my smaller plant:
3_3_10_momma.JPG
3_3_10_baby_2.JPG
3_3_10_baby.JPG

time for an update...
the stalk on Biggie is almost the size of AA battery!
3_15_10_stalk_comparison.JPG

here's pics of Smalls:
3_15_10_lil_one.JPG
3_15_10_small_top.JPG
3_15_10_baby_side.JPG

and pics of Biggie:
3_15_10_biggy.JPG
3_15_10_biggy_top.JPG
3_15_10_biggy_side.JPG

How are my plants doing? any comments would be nice.

Smalls sprouted only 3 days after Biggie so why is there such a discrepancy in size? Is one a sativa and one an indica?

time for an update...
the stalk on Biggie is almost the size of AA battery!
3_15_10_stalk_comparison.JPG

here's pics of Smalls:
3_15_10_lil_one.JPG
3_15_10_small_top.JPG
3_15_10_baby_side.JPG

and pics of Biggie:
3_15_10_biggy.JPG
3_15_10_biggy_top.JPG
3_15_10_biggy_side.JPG

Smalls sprouted only 3 days after Biggie so why is there such a discrepancy in size? Is one a sativa and one an indica?

At this stage of growth days make a huge difference....great recovery so far...how you dealing with the mites...still around?.....I hate to put pressure on you but we're all expecting you to show all the little closet LED user's how to really do it with a cheap ass light...LOL...here's some help and me and the others will check in to help any way we can brother/sister....earthling!
:goodluck: HERBivore13 may the cola's be with you!:cheer:

time for an update.

Your plants are looking lush and healthy. IMO they're both Indicas

the mites have disappeared since I last used the miticide about a month ago...once i noticed that the mites were gone, i took the plant outs of the closet and vacuumed and washed the walls.
The girlies are looking good,,,what are your readings at?

Thank you for running a journal!

btw, this link doesn't work.

kool try this one

Links to Search Results pages aren't really a good idea because the pages are of a temporary nature and quickly expire. It's better to give the person the search terms that you used and have them perform their own search at the time that they are ready to view the results of the search.

By the way, HERBivore13, do you have a pH meter? If not, I strongly recommend that you make it a priority purchase - not having one is like going for a drive with your windshield painted over, lol... If you get where you intended to go it's probably coincidence and either way it's bound to be a bumpy ride.

If money is a concern, you might consider the pH600 model by Milwaukee. It's a good (all Milwaukee meters are at least "good") basic meter and is cheap. You can get one at Suncoast Hydroponics - one of our sponsors and great people to deal with. Just click on the link (their name, in this post) and it will take you directly to the meter I mentioned (they also have more advanced models). Their prices are well in line with most places, and part of their profits go towards supporting this site. Feel free to tell them that I recommended them (but only if you wish to, lol).

Thank you for running a journal!

Links to Search Results pages aren't really a good idea because the pages are of a temporary nature and quickly expire.
By the way, HERBivore13, do you have a pH meter? If not, I strongly recommend that you make it a priority purchase - not having one is like going for a drive with your windshield painted over, lol...

Ah I see..that's my thread page and you can get there thru my stats. Lots of help. The other things you absolutely have to have is a EC meter and a digital thermometer with the humidity reading on it.

i have a thermometer/hydrometer that's not digital...my temp and humidity have been consistently at 74 and 50%.

i have a manual soil ph tester but i heard they can't be trusted so i haven't used it in awhile so i don't really know my soil ph.

i also have a manual water ph tester...i just read that you should test the runoff water in the catch tray and then adjust the next watering according to that. is this what i should be doing?

The plants are now 15" tall...i only have about 4 feet of clearance from the base of the plants so i'm switching to the 3000K lights and the 12/12 cycle.

Keeping some 6500 K bulbs at a ratio of 25% ought to help keep things tighter while still allowing mostly flowering-spectrum.

Since i switched to flowering, Biggie hasn't grown much but Smalls has been growing everyday...can anyone tell me if the hairs circled in this picture are pistils? if so then both my plants are females...
4_7_10_pistils.JPG

Looks like it from the picture. To be sure, use a strong magnifying glass, a 20-30x "scope" from Radio Shack, or a jeweler's/numismatician's loupe. If you see what looks like two whitish pieces of frizzy yarn growing from the flower then it is definitely a female.

I have a question: do the plants grow at the same rate throughout the flowering cycle, or do they stop, or at least slow down, once they start to bud? I don't know if it Talls will fit in the closet if she keeps growing.
Tortured Soul, how much impact will substituting a vegging light for a flowering light have on the harvest? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom