I think I topped and then waited a couple days before I removed the lower nodes. Then tie down the branching at the 4th. Wait for the lower growth to get up to the canopy and then start training it out.

Sounds good guys ill let her grow out some more to the 6th then top her to the 4th. How long of a rest period between the topping removal of first and second node and tying her down?
Hey buddy

Honestly depends how well it responds but usually day or two I’ve seen plants not even miss a beat as well.

I think I topped and then waited a couple days before I removed the lower nodes. Then tie down the branching at the 4th. Wait for the lower growth to get up to the canopy and then start training it out.
I removed the lower nodes same day why it was already in shock why shock it again on few days let it take the beaten at that point and see what she is made of

Update: I started quadlineing on the girls today. I topped everything above the 4th and removed everything below the 3. She looks so naked!
Before:
20181016_182753.jpg

20181016_182747.jpg

After:
20181017_231329.jpg

20181017_230252.jpg

20181017_224753.jpg

All the weight they lost:
20181017_224841.jpg

Does everything look right? Any feedback.

Attachments

• 20181017_231329.jpg
    20181017_231329.jpg
    594.3 KB · Views: 38
Hey Dank, looking good, nice job! I'd probably recommend moving those hangars to the outside edge of the pot. Eventually they need to go there and you don't want those roots wrapping around it. Get some pipe cleaners, or ticklers as @Smeegol calls them, and tie them down towards the hangars around the edge. Soft garden ties with the rubber covered wire work well also.

Fem seeds may take less to show their sex, or maturity.
I was reading through this thread and came across the above post. I am always trying to learn and I wanted to take a moment to ask why fem seeds take less time to show their sex then regular seeds?

I was reading through this thread and came across the above post. I am always trying to learn and I wanted to take a moment to ask why fem seeds take less time to show their sex then regular seeds?
Ahhh, that's why I said "may". Honestly I have no idea. My thinking was the fem seed is already a female, it doesn't need to show it's sex so it may become mature earlier. Males generally show their sex a couple of weeks before females. So, although I don't know, it was more for a suggestion to Dank that his plant may be ready to flip before 6 weeks.

A female regular seed is already a female too. You just don't know if the regular seed you're growing is a boy or a girl. I grow mostly regular seeds and although I've never made a conscious note of it I believe the males show their sex a week or two after the females. This give the female time to start flowering, producing pistils at which point the male will start to mature to pollinate her.

Back
Top Bottom