First Grow Ever - With Bubbles Too!

Re: first grow ever...with bubbles to!

i have a fan blowing air into the closet from the top, and it funnels it down out the bottom..ill take some pics tomorrow..again, its not the greatest set up, but im making a list of what i will add for the next grow to make it better.for now im concentrating about not getting nute burn,making the ph stable, etc etc..and Roseman, your article convinced me to buy the stealth hydro kit, and its helped me alot so far..so thank you!

and i will add that MH light tomorrow,and take a few more pics while i do the res change

You ought to join the BH gang. We get a 10% discount from SH if we are Deep Water Culture.

Thats pretty pimp, I am using an Ebb and Flow system at the moment but the bubble looks alot easier to maintain. How have you found it to date?

almost to easy to maintain..i check my ph probably 3 times a day, i mist my plants with water each time i check the ph, and im just now starting to top/fim my plants(thank you Roseman for your tutorials!!) . i also drain, and clean my reservoir no more than 7 days apart. i have noticed my plants drink about 3/4 of a gallon every 2 days, so i add what the take out about halfway through the week.

i highly recommend the Deep Water Culture kit so far.it came with everything i needed..only thing i added was another airstone to make it two 14" airstones in the res.if you dont have any in your resivoir yet, do it!! go to petco and get a airpump that pumps 2 airstones and add it.it will probably cost less than 25 bucks to do,and your plants will benefit alot.

I to am burning the CFL's 6500K 43 watt and 2700 lumens each X 2. Guys are telling me to add more of these up to six for my three plants? I am buying more of them but am curious what you are using there exactly as they seem to be doing awesome.

im using only the lights that came with the kit..one 6500, and one 2700 65watt CFL lights..i to have seen people using 5 CFl lights, but the way i see it, i dont want to spend money on lights i wont be using for my next grow..so why waste the money?? i plan on buying both a MH and HPS lights for my next grow.

reverse your fan flow, have the air come in from the bottom and go out the top. heat rises.. that way you'll be sucking in the coolest fresh air in the room

i will do that today..

You ought to join the BH gang. We get a 10% discount from SH if we are Deep Water Culture

sounds good to me!

and ill be posting more pictures today when i do a reservoir change

0115790, i checked your plants out and they are looking healthy!..i do suggest getting a paper plate and cutting it so it covers up the rockwool, and has a hole large enough for the stem to grow into..this helps prevent root rot, and light penetrating into your reservoir that will grow algae, and other crap your dont want..

pics!

heres a shot of the closet..the fan now blows air up and out..i have yet to put the MH light in because i have not bought a reflector.
DSC_0378.JPG

heres my babies getting a little outdoor light and air..i moved the smallest plant over one spot since it was getting crowded by the bigger plants..i hope it starts catching up!
DSC_0380.JPG

the stems seem pretty thick!! almost as thick as my finger!
DSC_0381.JPG

nice WHITE roots :) no signs of problems to me!
DSC_0382.JPG

now i need to start topping/fimming to get the most out of them..so questions..when i top them, do i keep them with only 4(or what ever i decide) nodes? ie, i dont let the plant grow any taller..and can i top the nodes to make them split and make 2 branches that will make bud, and not just one?

and should i fim each and every new growth that comes out on the plant? or just where i top the plant on the main stem???

thank you! i just did some topping/ fimming and hopefully i didnt go overboard! but i will take a pic in a few days so you guys can see the difference.

so heres a pic of them after i fimmed/topped them a little bit to start making them a little more bushier..

DSC_03851.JPG

there also starting to drink about 3/4 of a gallon every 3 days now

so far, i wish i had a better ph meter, and MH/HPS lights..if i had both those i think these plants would be crazy big..theres always next time!

Plants look great, really healthy looking!! Topping/Fimming is the way to go, really makes a huge difference in yield. To answer your question, you only top or fim the main growth tip. You can wait a week and top or fim once again. Last grow I topped twice and had six main colas instead of one!

ya i was wondering about raising the lights to make them taller..how often can i do that??

but it sounds like i over did the top/fim a little bit..i topped alot of the nodes coming off the main branch..although they weren't dieing, i felt they were so small id rather provide more energy to the other branches that are closer to the light..since i am only using 2 CFL's..o well if i messed up..its all apart of learning right?

but what does fimming do?? i understand topping, but fimming i dont really get.maybe i just need to read up on it again

i promise i wont take it outside again! but i keep a pretty close eye on my plants..i mean magnifying glass and flash light..so if i do get spider mites, ill be lucky enough to catch them early...but i will look into a deterrent, because ive read enough of them and i know they suck.

heres a couple shots of them..

STEMS! its getting like a forrest!
DSC_0389.JPG

DSC_03871.JPG

itss gettin cramped! next time, i think ill only do 3,maybe 4 plants so it doesn't get to crowded..plus next time ill be using MH/HPS, so just from 3 plants ill probably get a better quality, and higher yield because of better lights.
DSC_03902.JPG

but i have to say, im really enjoying growing these..at first i did it more as a investment to save money on buying bud, but im really getting into it..im going to feel bad when it comes time to harvest them and cut them down!

grow is looking real good :bravo:

keep your lights 3-4 above your plants and switch sides every other day or two............i dont see whats up with all the shit talking on CFLs i use them and they work great for me

good to see seeds with a rough life doing so well

i promise i wont take it outside again! but i keep a pretty close eye on my plants..i mean magnifying glass and flash light..so if i do get spider mites, ill be lucky enough to catch them early...but i will look into a deterrent, because ive read enough of them and i know they suck.

heres a couple shots of them..

STEMS! its getting like a forrest!
DSC_0389.JPG

DSC_03871.JPG

itss gettin cramped! next time, i think ill only do 3,maybe 4 plants so it doesn't get to crowded..plus next time ill be using MH/HPS, so just from 3 plants ill probably get a better quality, and higher yield because of better lights.
DSC_03902.JPG

but i have to say, im really enjoying growing these..at first i did it more as a investment to save money on buying bud, but im really getting into it..im going to feel bad when it comes time to harvest them and cut them down!

I hate to tell you but you are right there is some DEPRESSION that comes at harvest time. Its like after a woman gives birth.

I get home from work and want to go get a gallon of water and head to the grow closet. Smoking pot isn't an addiction, but growing it is.

Wow Hoffmac, those babies have come a long way and look excellent. Keep doing what you're doing man! :bravo:

Back
Top Bottom