First grow looking nasty - Help!

No its either lights are to close or the soil is too hot for them

I ran FFOF because that's what the guy I got them from would use and they always turned out great, any other soil suggestions? Looked in to super soil recipes but I'd like to get a grow or two under my belt first so I don't stress myself out and stray away from growing my own medicine. Heard black gold is another good one

As Penny said no point making changes until you've locked down the problem, and PH reading will help you a lot. I've seen a lot of people using FFOF with good results, so I wouldn't panic thinking it's a bad soil.

Down the road if you do want to use a different soil for a grow explore option then, but for this grow stick to what you're using.

Myself I use a peat based medium with perlite/vermiculite. It has zero ferts/nutes, I like having control of exactly what my plants are being fed and when.

Okay sure thing, I'll stick to the FFOF for now until I gain a little more knowledge. I ordered the pen but that'll still be a while until it gets here, has anyone had experience with those basic Walmart pH testers that are used for aquariums? uses drops and then you match to color of water to strip. Also on lunch right now I flushed each of them with distilled water, and raised the light to 22" above the canopy for now, I'm hoping that helps a little

Back
Top Bottom