Is that overwatering? Can I help?

Zeripper

Hey guys,

I've transplanted 4 plants from indoor to greenhouse and now soil 12 days ago, and they were growing fine and looking good until 3 days ago, it started with the Euphoria and today the spiritual punk started drooping too, both Northern Lights Blue seem unaffected for the moment.

Also there's been a few cold nights, but my tomato plants are fine, so I'm thinking it's not frost.

First photo is the day of the transplant (12 days ago)

20160505_194648.jpg

Just today. The euphoria is in the back, spiritual punk in the front (sorry for the orientation).

20160517_162943.jpg

So that does look like overwatering right? I can stop watering rain but what if it rains? How fucked am I? :p

Details below:

What Strain is it?
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? 1) Euphoria (Hybrid 35S/65I)
2) Spiritual Punk (Indica)
3) Northern Light Blue (Indica)
How Many Plants? One/one/two
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Vegetative
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? Complicated.... I kept them several weeks in small pots in a grow room, then a couple of weeks in larger pots in a greenhouse, now they're in soil without constraints (12 days ago)... But germination was on feb 10th.
Indoor or Outdoor? Outdoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If Soil... What is in your Mix? ground
If Soil... What Size Pot? ground
Any Pests? lots of slugs, therefore slug poison
How Often are you Watering? Every day with my vegetables, then its rained for several days (drooping began the last day of that rain), nothing since the rain ended 2 days ago
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? just a root accelerator with the watering since the transplant

You are definitely right. Over watering. It cant be frost,frost shocks the plant, effects are completely different, try googling frost and youll see the difference.
Stop watering for a while for the soil to dry up. Cannabis plants aint vegetables! They like much much less water.
If you live in a rainy area plant some grass or mosses around. Elevating the soil around the plant and covering with agricultural plastic sheets in rainy days can help too. But rain will definitely harm your crop in flowering stage. A tent might help.
And something else, in the photos it seems they are not getting enough sun light, many shades. Cut/trim the surrounding trees.
Good luck and enjoy the ride :)

Thanks, I'll try to shovel around the plants a bit, maybe fill the trenches around with clay pellets.

This is my 1st outdoor grow/vegetables garden and boy do I suck :p I'm more of a controlled environment kind of guy.

As for the shade, well let's just say it's more difficult to see by plane...

To me they look like they are underwatered. Could also be from transplant shock.

There are two main differences between under and over watering. With underwatered you will get limp, lifeless feeling leaves and soggy stems. With over watered the leaves will curl but the stems will stay rigid.

Going on the transplant shock issue... what is the soil like around where they were planted? And did you use any root stimulant or just stick them in the ground?

Vestrimatrik said:
To me they look like they are underwatered. Could also be from transplant shock.

There are two main differences between under and over watering. With underwatered you will get limp, lifeless feeling leaves and soggy stems. With over watered the leaves will curl but the stems will stay rigid.

Going on the transplant shock issue... what is the soil like around where they were planted? And did you use any root stimulant or just stick them in the ground?

Soil is wet and clay-like, it's not far from a stream. I did use a rooting stim along with the watering.

Fuzzy Duck said:
You mentioned that their was a few cold nights do you recall the temperature of those nights ?
Down to 3° Celsius according to weather websites.

"If" they are over watered and you expect rain you could take that rim of earth surrounding the plants (to retain water) and re-form it to make the water run off.

Down to 3° Celsius according to weather websites.

Ye that would shock em a little bit hopefully they will pick up in due time.

Have you grown in that spot before . All so if it's clay it hold moisture a lot longer = less watering . If it's a sandy soil and near the stream it will have silt in it . And it will have all the bad minerals in it so that will affect the plant aswell

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

If your really close to the stream the water will keep the clay moist even in dry season . So back away for the stream till u can control the moisture by just you watering the plant .

Yeah I dug them up and put them somewhere else, with also more sun hours. Hope they'll get back to health.

It was insane, the soil was mud and the holes were full of water 10 mins later.

Yeah that's ground water . That can stuff ur plants up real quick

Back
Top Bottom