Over watered?

Lungbutterorbs

what's up everyone?
I just watered my babies 3-4 days ago the soil is mostly dry. I just added a new light to my tent so heat has been a battle lately as im waiting on an inline fan and filter. But could I have overwatered and the hwat from the light make the soil dry up faster but the plant still drooping and showing signs of over watering? Help me please!!

Attachments

• 1025181011.jpg
    1025181011.jpg
    962.8 KB · Views: 78
Drooping can be over or under watering

Can't see them lasting 5 days with no water in solo cups, I'd say they need water

How much water you giving them?

Ah thank u everyone! i think angry bird is right i had suspicions that i didn't plant them deep enough to begin with.. And the solo cups have drainage holes and i water them till it start draining a little out the bottom..

I’d vote for overwatering as opposed to under. But they look fine, it is normal to droop so,what after watering, as long as they aren’t always drooping. Good tip re the drainholes. have to disagree with you a little Ms Bird I think the pot size is fine. Actually you can grow a plant to harvest just fine in one of those solo cups as long as you manage the feeding and watering properly. There appears to be lots of perlite in there for drainage.

image10738.jpeg

image10747.jpeg

True, and nice example that little guy looks like a beast!
So imjust gunna keep the fan on in there circulate air and i was thinking of taking a wooden dowel to poke holes in the soil to breath a little bit?
U can actually see in the picture the cups that are dryer than the other ones based on the color of the diatomacious earth on the topsoil...

If that perlite is evenly mixed and not just on the surface, your drainage should be fine and I wouldn’t go poking holes through the roots. Let them dry out between watering. Wait till the entire container is quite light. Doesnt hurt to leave them even up to the point they wilt a little from underwatering. At least then you know they’re dry. When a plant is underwatered the whole thing wilts and droops, including the stem. Sometimes you have to touch up the edges with a sprinkle or two but in general they’ll suffer if they stay constantly wet. They need those dry periods to get some oxygen.

Doesnt hurt to leave them even up to the point they wilt a little from underwatering

You will actually find the more consistent the watering is the better. I feed and water my plants daily. Its almost impossible to overwater in coco. But you really don't want the soil to dry to the point of wilt, you loose some of the exchange of nutrients from your medium. They are like woman, they like things consistent.
OG

I’d vote for overwatering as opposed to under. But they look fine, it is normal to droop so,what after watering, as long as they aren’t always drooping. Good tip re the drainholes. have to disagree with you a little Ms Bird I think the pot size is fine. Actually you can grow a plant to harvest just fine in one of those solo cups as long as you manage the feeding and watering properly. There appears to be lots of perlite in there for drainage.

image10738.jpeg

image10747.jpeg
This is awesome!! I love it. Now that’s dedication

If that perlite is evenly mixed and not just on the surface, your drainage should be fine and I wouldn’t go poking holes through the roots. Let them dry out between watering. Wait till the entire container is quite light. Doesnt hurt to leave them even up to the point they wilt a little from underwatering. At least then you know they’re dry. When a plant is underwatered the whole thing wilts and droops, including the stem. Sometimes you have to touch up the edges with a sprinkle or two but in general they’ll suffer if they stay constantly wet. They need those dry periods to get some oxygen.
Totally agree. Let them dry to just wilting. If you’re chomping at the bit to water then you’ve been over watering.

It’s how I finally got it through my thick skull. I still fight the urge.

Also, remember with watering you’re not just introducing water and nutes...the soil is also pulling in air with the water as it sinks. Water very slowly, even with solo cups. Not Right at the base but away from the stem.

Would you rather take a nice leisurely shower or have 20 gallons of hot water suddenly dumped on you?

They need those dry periods to get some oxygen.

Actually that would be why the perlite was added for airaition. Once you water and hopefully you get run off and the pot no longer drains, they get oxygen. Stay consistent and you will see where to tweak it. And pot size I tend to agree, have seen 7 zips from a two gallon pot. The whole environment playz into a happy plant get your water cycles right and go from there. If your plant is wilting at day three after water water every two days. Peace OG

image10738.jpeg

image10747.jpeg
What did the roots look like?

image10738.jpeg

image10747.jpeg
I was going to write that it can be done, because I remember you and another member old school doing this a few years back it is just that,they need so much attention, all day, which makes it tiresome, more than fun.
:hug:

r. I feed and water my plants daily. Its almost impossible to overwater in coco

True. And the plant I posted pics of was in coco and watered twice daily, but the OP said he is using soil, which tends to need that wet-dry cycle, especially when the plants are young.

True. And the plant I posted pics of was in coco and watered twice daily, but the OP said he is using soil, which tends to need that wet-dry cycle, especially when the plants are young.

Yes soil is different, but you still don't want to have the plant wilt in between watering, just extra stress it doesn't need and can be avoided.
Peace OG

I wasn’t necessarily suggesting he let them wilt each time- though some very good growers do follow that routine and swear by it. . I was saying just that he shouldn’t be afraid to let it happen - it won’t hurt them and he will learn a couple very important things
- what underwatering actually looks like
-what a dry pot feels like by weight
- and how long it takes for them to actually dry out.

your
what's up everyone?
I just watered my babies 3-4 days ago the soil is mostly dry. I just added a new light to my tent so heat has been a battle lately as im waiting on an inline fan and filter. But could I have overwatered and the hwat from the light make the soil dry up faster but the plant still drooping and showing signs of over watering? Help me please!!
the light cycle on and off will make them droop they droop like that after light comes on and light goes off so makesure its not that either and get your heat under control bc it can cook your foliage and the roots

what's up everyone?
also makesure you take pic of the new growth bc on seedling with overwatering you get bright yellow new growth with reddish color coming in also on the veins of the leafs

Back
Top Bottom