First Grow Of Feminized T2 CBD

If you put a link to this thread in your signature you may get more help from the peoples in the know.

I gave up on my Ph pen months ago, I use the juice method exclusively now, bright orange & I'm happy (yours may differ). A slight drift from high to low is not only acceptable but it is also beneficial from what I understand. You can find a recipe online for making your own Ph test juice, the large 8oz tester juice refill will last a long time.

I'm not one of those in the know I just like to help if I can.

Great! I appreciate the tip. I will look more into that pH test juice as well to see if that would be something that could work well for me. Good lesson learned from that debacle though. Always a good idea to test equipment in direct comparison to more fool proof methods to ensure proper function.

Thanks again for the input and happy growing!

-K

Hey guys!

So a few plants are experiencing some minor leaf twisting/curling. My guess is it is most likely due to a minor pH imbalance since my first pH probe turned out to be defective (But this is just my initial guess). I got a new pH/EC meter and mixed up a fresh batch of nutrients with a pH of 6.0 and EC of 1.5/ppm of approx 780. Been slowly working up the strength of nutrients to get closer to 100%. Right now it is around 75-80%. Ran about a gallon of the solution through each 6in cube yesterday to make sure I got good runoff to hopefully fix any issues within the substrate. Waiting to see if there are any symptoms of nutrient burn as well since I am beginning to push up the EC/ppm a bit.

Gonna give it a few days to see how the plants react and if the twisting continues. Just being careful not too act to quickly and avoid seriously damaging my plants fixing an issue that A.) Doesn't exist B.) Doesn't need to be addressed in drastic fashion.

Would love any input based on these photos on what you guys think this issue would be, and if I should possibly be more worried about an underlying problem that may become more severe if I don't correct a potential issue soon.

Also let me know if you need anymore info to diagnose the possible problem.
20200411_122034-jpg.2098795

20200411_122231.jpg

20200411_122131.jpg

Thanks!

-K

Attachments

• 20200411_122034.jpg
    20200411_122034.jpg
    632.7 KB · Views: 102
Little update here

The leaf twisting/curling problem is still somewhat present but just on a few leaves. I am guessing it was in fact a pH issue. With a couple waterings since being able to accurately adjust the pH of my nutrient solution that issue has really improved. Made sure to have a significant amount of runoff for my plants growing in rockwool (I wanted to avoid having to completely flush with straight water). Plants growing in soil never really did have any twisting issues from the pH imbalance. One thing that I am loving about soil is the pH really isn't anything to lose sleep over as long as it is in an acceptable range.

The girls are really starting to take off now though. The growth in the past week has been great. Really exciting to see! Gonna top them all for the first time in day or two.

Also diving into building an 18x24x9 hoop house (I wasn't kidding how I need to stay busy or I go crazy lol). I am planning on growing 20 plants total in 20 gallon fabric pots. 10 will be grown with Formula 707, Megacrop when the soil start becoming depleted, and ACT's. The other 10 will be grown using only water and ACT's but will be growing in some home cooked super soil. The recipe I am using is based around Coot's. I am also going to leave maybe 6-8 plants out of the greenhouse to study how well they stand up the the elements. I am curious just how much they can take. Will definitely be a huge challenge managing so many plants so early in my time growing. But I love learning and growing cannabis has me hooked. Gonna be fun :cool:

Here are some photos showing the progress they have made the since I last posted Saturday

And if you see anything that I might be missing or need to possibly change from these photos/post please let me know! Always open to learning and discussing

20200415_184703.jpg

20200415_184712.jpg

20200415_184727.jpg

-K

Hey 420 fam,

Today it was time to pot up the 3 plants in the 1 gal plastic pots into 7 gal plastic pots. Also went ahead and placed those girls under the 1000w HPS light, at around 48in for the first day or so to ease them into it. Gonna slowly lower that to as close as they can handle without getting stressed out. I am planning to use that light/space for my plants in the rockwool cubes when it is time to flower, but I figure that it would be a nice step to help prepare them to be hardened off outside once I am done constructing a small greenhouse soon. Additionally, it helps me get plenty of light to the girls I left under the veg lights, since I don't have to fit those massive pots in that space. lol

Greenhouse construction has been going well so far! No real difficult hurdles to jump through yet besides the usual mishaps and 3 steps forward and 4 steps back involved with any amateur construction project haha.

Been struggling a lot getting my humidity levels exactly where I want them. My veg and flower room are hooked up the the same ventilation system, so I've had to work hard to get enough moisture in both rooms to keep the RH at a level I want in order to have both rooms serve as a veg space for the time being (3 large 50% off humidifiers from Wal-Mart later we are just about there). When it's time to run the flower room as a flower room, the environmental parameters are pretty spot on with humidity anywhere between 40-45% and the temp around 78. But sure enough when I finally get 6 full grown plants in there getting 5 or so waterings a day, I'm sure I'll have the opposite problem. :laugh: But that is a problem for another day. Got the dehumidifier on deck for that.

Here are some photos of the plants and greenhouse to keep everyone updated!

Happy growing!

20200421_175631.jpg
20200421_175546.jpg

20200421_170958.jpg

-K

Hey guys got a question I'd love some help with.

So I have a 25 gallon res that is having some issues with keeping a stable pH. Wondering if anyone might have any ideas why it keeps rising so quickly.

I am running RO water w/ Jack's 321, RAW Silica (which doesn't seem to cause any pH fluctuation after its added), Radix Rooting Hormone, RAW Yucca, Hygrozyme, and Recharge (which does cause a slight pH spike after its added) in a DTW setup. Using GH pH down to battle the rising pH. Temp of the room is about 77 degrees. Res temp is 71.8 degrees. ppm is at 1350 at the moment and plants handling it well. Res is a black container and on the yellow lid I have two thick towels to help keep light from getting in. Additionally, I have two large airstones running around the clock to keep everything well mixed. A couple plants are showing some minor rust spots on a couple older fan leaves but otherwise all growing well.

At 3:30pm today I adjusted the pH down to 5.67 and by 8:30 this evening the pH has already risen to 6.17. What all do you think could be the issue for this?

Would appreciate any help! Been trying to figure out what could be causing this but having issues. Would love to not have to add so much pH down to the res if I don't have to. Not entirely sure if that is really that good for the plants.

Thanks for the input everyone!

-K

Edit: Just wanted to add that earlier this morning I adjusted the res pH to around 5.7 and by 3:30pm is was at 6.7. So quickly getting out of an acceptable range.

Alright remade the resevoir last night without adding any Recharge.

Starting pH at 8:30pm was 5.03 and by 8:00am the next morning it was up to 5.37. So not super dramatic but still a quicker rise than I would like. So Recharge seems to have definitely been a contributor to the issue but not the only culprit. Just trying to avoid having to use pH down every day.

We will see how the pH behaves throughout the day.

-K

Back
Top Bottom