First Grow Of Feminized T2 CBD

K'sKannabis

Hello all,

Been lurking on here for quite a while and have finally created an account. Looking forward to sharing this first grow with everyone and would any help/advice any of you guys would like to offer. Have already learned a lot from diving into some of these threads so it seemed like a no brainer to get this account rolling now that I am finally set up and growing.

I am using a converted 12x12 basement bedroom to house a veg and flower room. Veg is approx 4x12 & flower is approx 8x12. Separated the two spaces with a simple frame and panda film. Once everything is up and running I'll have 6 clones, 6 Veg, and 6 Flower running simultaneously. 6 plants in each stage is my current legal limit.
Using the house thermostat, humidifier, and ceramic space heater to help maintain environmental parameters in veg space. House thermostat is always around 68-70 and RH levels in the house are around 40-45%
Veg light is HLG 100 v2 4k and flower room has Gavita Hortistar 1000w DE HPS
8in inline fan for ventilation
Have dehumidifier in flower room when/if needed

Planning on hand watering throughout veg and have a DTW drip irrigation set up on a timer for flower

Using RW throughout entire grow

Nutrients:
Jack's A/B
Epsom Salt
Recharge
Radix Rooting Compound (Came with the light so I figured I would give it a try)
RAW Silica
RAW Yucca
H&G Magic Green

I currently have 10/12 seedlings popped up out of 2in RW cubes. The cubes were pre-soaked for about 45 min in a 5.5pH 25% nutrient solution w/ Recharge and Radix added as well. Seeds were placed directly into RW late evening of the 19th. Planning on taking the 6 strongest seedlings and transplanting those into 6" blocks.

Room temp has hung around 70-80 degrees and 50-60% RH. Have slowly been opening the vents on the dome and am a day or so away from working it all the way off. Have the light about 8"-12" above the dome. Thought this might be a little close but I wanted to combat any stretching and thus far haven't noticed and light stress. Keeping a steady eye on that though.

Would love to hear any thoughts or suggestions about what to change based on the info above. Feel free to ask any questions about any of this as well. Appreciate any feedback!

-K

Thanks West Hippie! Appreciate it. Here are some pics of the set up far
Open to any feedback.
20200323_230258.jpg

20200323_201941.jpg
20200323_230445.jpg
20200323_230509.jpg

Looks like your ready to start a journal. You couldn’t have picked a better time with that start.
Have you been through the helpful link for new members below on this post is a link for it .

20200325_194418.jpg

Hey quick question...

Do some of these seedlings seem to be getting a bit too stretched out? They are supporting themselves well and I have a fan blowing a gentle breeze to help strengthen them. This will be day 6 from putting the ungerminated seed in the RW
Temp is currently at 77.5 and RH is at 58%
Light is about 18in above the canopy. It's an HLG 100 V2 4k which has a PPFD of 320 on the edges and 420 at the center in a 1x1 square from that distance. So I'm doubting that they aren't getting enough light but I could be wrong.

Could just be overthinking but just wondering what anybody thought about it. Would be easy to lower the light if you guys thought that might help, if they are in fact getting a bit lanky.

Always receptive to any help and advice! Appreciate you all

Oh and in case it would help the tallest one is measuring just about 2.5in.

-K

20200325_194418.jpg

Hey quick question...

Do some of these seedlings seem to be getting a bit too stretched out? They are supporting themselves well and I have a fan blowing a gentle breeze to help strengthen them. This will be day 6 from putting the ungerminated seed in the RW
Temp is currently at 77.5 and RH is at 58%
Light is about 18in above the canopy. It's an HLG 100 V2 4k which has a PPFD of 320 on the edges and 420 at the center in a 1x1 square from that distance. So I'm doubting that they aren't getting enough light but I could be wrong.

Could just be overthinking but just wondering what anybody thought about it. Would be easy to lower the light if you guys thought that might help, if they are in fact getting a bit lanky.

Always receptive to any help and advice! Appreciate you all

Oh and in case it would help the tallest one is measuring just about 2.5in.

-K
Looks to me like there loving that light . I’ve seen worst stretch

Quick update...

Built my SCROG screen this morning! Used PVC and vinyl fence with 2x3 holes. Saw a thread on here from CapN, I think that's how you spell his/her username, who detailed how to build one (Thank you 420Mag community for being so open to sharing what you guys have all learned through your own experiences). Able to raise and lower it using drilled holes and bolts. It's 5x5, so a bit big. I'm not expecting to fill it out completely this run. Not planning on vegging long enough to get that kind of canopy size from 6 plants. But I have never grown this strain, or any other for that matter, so who knows what ends up happening haha. I'm just making educated guesses the whole way through. Also built it 5x5 because I wanted to get a visual reference for what kind of coverage one light at 5x5 can cover. Hoping it all pans out well when finally put to use

Other that that, the little seedlings are starting Day 9 and seem be healthy. Gave them a quick dip (about 5 seconds 1/4-1/2 way up the cube) in a Radix/Recharge solution using RO water last night since the little cubes were getting really light. Also the tap roots are all finally poking out the bottom of the cube. Pretty exciting see that for the first time!

Had to use panorama mode to fit the whole room in the photo to show the screen so it's pretty distorted lol. But gives you an idea.

20200327_121359.jpg

20200327_084604.jpg

Really enjoy being able to share this experience with you all! And if you see anything you would consider changing from the photos or description, feel free to voice your opinion. Nothing good ever comes from a total absence of creative abrasion. Thanks for stopping by!

-K :peace:

Hey all!

So today marks day 17. Overall been pretty smooth so far. Had a slight mishap when I was foliar feeding and knocked one of my girls over. (Thought the cap was set to mist but it came out like a lazer lol) But just propped her up with a toothpick and she seems to be recovering nicely.

Also dove pretty heavy into organic soil/living soil growing the past week and figured I'd give a shot at doing that as well. I currently have more time that I know what to do with due to Covid-19. I now have an outdoor compost bin, two worm bins, and my 5 gallon tea making setup. (I go crazy if I don't stay busy :thedoubletake:) Cooked up Coot's soil recipe (or at least close to it) the other day and have that cooking now for the next month or so. Will eventually have 2 plants in 20 gallon fabric pots growing outside when the weather permits. This will be a 100% organic grow. Only feeding through nutritional teas and good ol' fashioned vermicompost ACTs. Thank you Microbeman for an unbelievable amount of well communicated lessons on soil microbiology. Incredible resource! Eager to see how this grows progresses.

Today I transplanted 6 plants into 6in rockwool cubes that were soaked overnight in pH adjusted RO water 5.5 with a 50% nutrient solution consisting of Jack's 321, Radix, Recharge, and Silica. Additionally, I took 2 plants and transplanted them into 1 gallon plastic pots with Root's Organic Formula 707 with some recharge dusted in around the roots. Really hoping I didn't over water right off the bat with the 1 gallon containers. I tried to be really mindful of that but we shall see what happens in the coming days. Also quick question here, is it necessary to pH RO water when watering in soil? Not adding any nutrients. My water pH is around 9.5. I've read that it isn't really necessary but just want to double check with you all.

As the plants become more established after transplant, I am going to start hardening off my two potted plants. Got another month or so until the weather will be right to leave them outside 24/7.

Excited to see how they all do with more room for those roots to grow now. They were bursting out of the bottom of those 2in cubes. Nice and white!

And as always, if you read or see anything I am currently doing that you would possibly do differently or have any other advice, I am all ears.

Thanks guys!
20200404_111320.jpg

20200404_111344.jpg

-K

Well,

My suspicions about my pH reader being faulty were confirmed today. I have been consistently getting readings of 9.0-9.5 from my RO water and always thought this was pretty high. But I would consistently re calibrate my meter at 4.0 and 7.0 so I just let it go for the first couple weeks. But I finally was able to go get a little dropper test just to get a rough idea if it was remotely accurate and it turns out my meter was at least 2.0 too high. So I was most likely over correcting way too much to get to what I thought was 5.8-6.2 pH. Hoping HM Digital doesn't try and give me a hard time about getting a refund, especially since this pH/EC pen was one of their better (more expensive) models and only 2-3 weeks old, ughh.

I feel that I have gotten pretty lucky though with how well Jack's buffers to an ideal pH because my plants have only exhibited what appeared to be minor deficiencies. And up until their transplant into 6in cubes, I had been only using a 25% nutrient solution. So I was attributing that to possibly just underfeeding them a bit.

As for my plants in the the Formula 707 soil, I am hoping that the pH adjusted water I used on them was not too far off and causes any nutrient lockout. But it might not be quite of as big of an issue in a soil grow compared to growing in an inert substrate like rockwool (Haven't been able to study quite as much about growing in soil compared to rockwool or coco). Also, I never did get an answer on my previous post to whether or not it is really necessary to pH your RO water in soil grows. So if anyone has an opinion on that I'd love to hear it.

We shall see how they all hold up until I can get a new meter. At that point I'll probably just play it safe and give them all a good flush to help avoid an pH issues. Fingers crossed no big issues come from this hiccup!

-K

If you put a link to this thread in your signature you may get more help from the peoples in the know.

I gave up on my Ph pen months ago, I use the juice method exclusively now, bright orange & I'm happy (yours may differ). A slight drift from high to low is not only acceptable but it is also beneficial from what I understand. You can find a recipe online for making your own Ph test juice, the large 8oz tester juice refill will last a long time.

I'm not one of those in the know I just like to help if I can.

Back
Top Bottom