Hello new with questions

Grnthmb

Hello everyone, I'm new to this site and I love it there is some great info. I just have a few questions... I am using a small stealth grow box (15 in x 10 in x 32 growing space )for veg with CFLs and a flower room w/400 w hps approx 4ftx2.5ftx6ft. Good ventilation in both temps round 75 f to 80f. The CFL's doing a wonderful job vegging seem to almost be better than the HPS but it could just be the size of the room, but I'm wondering, I have 6 small bushes topped and doing great but can only fit smaller containers in the small veg box. These were great bag seeds till mine came and now they are here. If my small plants are all about 6 in tall and about 6in around with leaves will they be OK to put into bloom with any kind of yield? I need to grow space for my new things that came in and I need any and all ideas for space saving ideas please I am in a bind I need more room. If any body has any ideas for space saving ideas or just be honest and tell me hey dude you need a bigger space I just need to know if there's any options for me other than making a bigger room. Thanks a lot and keep those green thumbs growin!! Grnthmb

:welcome: Grnthmb!

You can definitely pull a good yield from your size flower space although 6 plants might be pushing it. Your current size seems small to flip but if you are doing a SOG or SCRoG, that number and size might be great (no experience with SOG here). It also depends on the strain you are growing. Some are going to stretch a lot more than others. I am currently in a space 33" x 33" and have 5 plants - but that is too many for me. Good luck! Let's see what others have to say...

Thanks so much for the reply!!
I was thinking hard about doing a srcog method and some LST training(already started LST),hoping these would help out also with yield. Just seems I'm not getting the growth with the HPS as I am with the CFL's. But could be way different during flower, we'll see. Thanks again, Grnthmb

:idea: Space saving idea:

Vertical growing gives 4 times more area to grow. :woohoo:

Simply hang hps bare bulb vertically and grow plants along the 4 outer walls of tent. :peacetwo:

Pictures? Is the HPS old? How many CFLs? I'm growing four plants under 600w HPS and have no complaints.

My setup as well. :high-five:

Great everyone thanks so much. I put a lil better hood in and changed my setup a little and really seems to be doin awesome now! I'm grabbing at least and inch a day but I. Also LST training so it may have just been me being impatient or trying to compare cfl and hps which I see now they are totally different ends of the spectrum per say.bit I def needed some ideas for space. Thanks again everyone!!

Back
Top Bottom