first grow please help!

Bud Farmer

Ok this is my first grow and not going well. I did a lot of research first, but still have a problem. First off i don't know what strain it is, but its very tall possibly mostly sativa? This could also be stretching(I hope not). Any way it's only 4 weeks old(from the time it sprouted). About three weeks since the cotyledons and first spear shaped leaves appeared. The growth is somewhat slow. I have a single 27 watt, 5,500k, 1,560 lumen cfl, about to get more. I have ventilation in the room(closet to be exact haha). It is kept a constant 75 to 80 degrees f., sometimes drops a little to 65 to 70 during lights out period. the light schedule is 18/6(light/dark). However i do not know the humidity in the room. I water it 2 times a week and I just started using a 1/4 strength nutrient (schultz) for the past two waterings. Now for the problem. Two days after adding the nutrients for the first time there was some slight yellowing. After the second time even more yellowing(starting at the cotyledons first and working its way up). I have stopped nutrient use since. I've only watered once since then. I also noticed the presence of black flies recently. When I checked it today one of the cotyledons was completely shriveled. What is going on here???? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

I forgot to add that I cannot take any pictures as I do not have any camera or such device to do so. please help and I will help any one who needs it.

sounds like nute burn. just flush with ph balanced water twice and you should be good. i prefer to not to feed until the third/fourth set of true leaves, but thats just me.

not really sure about the black flies though, just get one of those household fly traps

Thanks a lot for the help, but I think its too late to save the cotyledons(the little oval ones), as they are shriveled up:bitingnails:. Is this a serious thing? About the lighting i just got a 4 pack of 27 watt, 6,500k cfls. Should I use any other light temperature cfls, like a 2,700k or 3,000k, to get a fuller spectrum? Again thank you for the input!

Oh and the pots are about 5 in. in diameter and 6 or 7 in. tall

Don't worry about the cotyldone leaves as the plant feeds off of them in the begining. They will soon be gone. Crank up all those bulbs and get them down close. 6500k is great for vegging no need for other colors until you go to flower. Once you switch to 12/12 then change out the bulbs.

Alright that is a big relief. Thanks for the help screwnuts and you too fook. I just flushed them today with plain neutral water and I am going to again for my next watering, also I might wait a little while before starting nutes again or maybe just a 1/8 strength instead. good karma to everyone.

Back
Top Bottom