First time grower - Plants sick?

tetralpha

Hi im going to be starting a grow journal here.
this us my first time growing ever. As oregon is now legal for all residents to grow 4 plants. So im in !
so it first started after mt seedlings spear leafs. The first set of leaves after cotyledons. They started turning yellow at a fast rate. The tips also browned.
im running a pure Afghan and two erkles.
well after they dropped the cotyledons the spear leafs instantly started yellowing and browing.it killed those off and moved up. I was in shock and try'd keeping calm. Didnt so much, i didnt even flush them with 3x like iv read online. I watered them with ph'd water at 6.3 till i had about 40% run off maybe more. I left them for a week they got better. Then relised all the leaves are dark green with the claw? All lower growth was at a stop. But has been resumed its just all aiming down? None standing up like the top leafs..well now its been over a week the main stem is green with faint stripes of purple. The stems to fan leaf are purple. My temps sit around 72-83. I watered them today. Anf checked the run off. It was 6.0? But when i first gave them that good rinse the ph was 5.5? So im not sure whats up with this fox farms.. it was real.strong as im thinkijg it was nitro tox. But noe the lower leavs that had turned half yellow and stopped are now turning yellow again.. the leafs are burnt on tips and 1 or 2 spots on the edge of one..
this grow is driving me crazy! I feel like ill never make it...

Afraid to feed because im sure this ffof caused nitro tox. Its been a week since then new growth os growing on top. Below too. Just slow and all droopy under big fans.. theu are in 1 gal.pots. they were sprouted in 4inch x 4inch square pots in ffof. Please help :( cant figure out how to post pics. ..

Screenshot_2016-04-06-21-34-311.png
Screenshot_2016-04-06-21-34-31.png
Screenshot_2016-04-06-21-34-27.png
Screenshot_2016-04-06-21-34-31.png
Screenshot_2016-04-06-21-34-27.png

Fox farm ocean forest is reasonable perceived to be to hot or has to much nutrients for seedlings & young plants which may cause nitrogen toxicity issue's & burn symptoms.

How ever Light warrior is a better choice for seedlings/germination & younger plants for the first few weeks :thumb:

They don't look to bad & i would not worry a great deal about those lower yellowing leafs as it happens to the best of us at some point in vegging, the rest of leafs i could see appear healthy green but always good to add a full plant pic for a better idea !

I'm not sure how old these plants are but given a brief look i'd say past a few weeks at best but no more than several.

If so the nutrients in ffof will be partial used up & if interested in feed i would only suggest perhaps a 1/4 rate application as mention on the bottle as to avoid nutrient burn... more likely only feeding once a week at this stage.

The droppy leafs are either over/under watering as both share same characteristics, it might be you took the pic after lights where first on & some time plants are a little droppy around this time.

They are over a month old. Got side tracked with work and lost count. . But i fed last night 1liter of water each with 1.5ml calmag it was 20% run off or more.to try an flush anything little out.
the leaves are clawing on the plant to the left. . It has been for awhile. And my run off was reading 5.9 ans jumps to 6.0.. i fed at 6.5 ph.?
This growinf stuff cofuses me :0.?
the pic waa taken an hour or so after lights up. They are perking up and praying to the light. But alot.of new growth is only growinf leaves with 3 fingers.? The main stem has stripes.of.purple and all fan leavesstems are purple
?

First set.of.leaves that died before these. When i noticed the yellowing i gave them.plain water and a liter each. The run off was 5.1-5.5... so i flushed with phs water at 7.0. And it stll is just at or just under 6.0... gah
first fox farm.is to much food. Now its to low of ph.. i mixed in 1/3 perlite for drainage. Idk what im doing wrong. I hope this calmag feeding stops.it..

They look pretty good to me & job well done :thumb:

I'm not to concern about the lower leafs yellowing tho it is pretty natural thing to occur it is only the set of leafs tho, i think ya just over thinking stuff making your self puzzled ?

Most macro nutrient defs will show on the older fan leafs first from lower to mid area of the plant first the pics of full size plants are fine as far as i can tell.

How ever i'm not a great believer of PH correcting nutrients or measuring run off in/on soil/compost grows !

Run off is just the leached remains of water/nutrients poured through the medium this will pick up excessive salts of nutrients with in the soil/compost all ready pre loaded with nutrients plus what you have already add & not used by the plant... so the remaining run off will vastly be a lower PH value with what you started with. (nutrients are acidic mild to medium range)

PH correcting is mainly used for hydroponic water based systems or with the use of inert growing mediums such as rock wool, perlite, clay pebbles, coco coir & pure water based systems where the PH of water is essential as it is the main source the roots grow into & holds the nutrients the inert medium is just for plant stablitie & general PH neutral basically meaning it does effect PH in anyway but may need to be treated before prior use with some of them.

With soil/compost blends it is the actual PH of the blend which is the important factor most pro bags of this stuff will be PH corrected between PH 6 & 7 this is classed as mildly acidic where most plants are happy to grow with in including MJ... you can in general get away with between PH 5.5 to 7.5 before soil PH may cause lock outs of some macro nutrients tho.

Soil if self buffering in nature & can be observed with the use of soil PH probe which will in general return to its ambient PH range with in 24 hours or less after applying nutrients/water of what ever PH range.

Ph correcting is just a misconception between hydroponic growing in water to soil growing, in soil it is just not done in real life agricultural or horticultural practise with soil grown plants... other wise that little old boy down the road who loves growing tomato plants & veg would be PH correcting nutrients, when it is really down to soil PH :green_heart:

The flash was on durinf those pics. They are alot morr yellow and splotchy greeen. The tips are folding up / down and completly dead abd if i touch it. It breaks and dies. While the other 2/3 of the leaf is still yellow/ green?. All the top fanand middle fan leaves are dark green and some have a blue hue in them like spots almost.?!

Screenshot_2016-04-08-11-58-02.png

This was the upper fan a week ago. The. Leaves are very dark...
i know alot of the lower branches arent growimg on the plant to the left... idk why. But the top is.?
i hope i can get the resolved :/ iv never fed before and im afraid.im.going to mess that up aswell
These feeding charts confuse me..

Screenshot_2016-04-08-11-58-02.png

This was the upper fan a week ago. The. Leaves are very dark...
i know alot of the lower branches arent growimg on the plant to the left... idk why. But the top is.?
i hope i can get the resolved :/ iv never fed before and im afraid.im.going to mess that up aswell
These feeding charts confuse me..
so why are the fingers on my.fan leaves pointed down? I read its from.nitro tox? I wait till the pot is very light before watering again. And just till i startedseeing dying leaves i.watered with very litrle run off? Is there really that much nitrogen in this soil? They are in 1.79 litre pots. 3.8 litres is a Gallon so im stumped?
maybe i am over looking things, but im a noob and very curious and would be very devastated if i lost.my girls :/

Just gt hom from work and they look.worst!! I gave the 1.5ml calmag lastniht if this wqs the problem ugh its sscaringme they dieing dast
Screenshot_2016-04-08-17-21-39.png
Screenshot_2016-04-08-17-21-42.png
Screenshot_2016-04-08-17-21-46.png
Screenshot_2016-04-08-17-21-36.png

Lol you really have the worst case off the first timer grower whim whams i've ever seen... i'm gonna laugh myself to sleep tonight

Well ye you need to calm down a little bud !

The dark green leafs could well be related to soil/compost used it could well be pre load with nutrients causing this effect & if so can you name the brand used... it is not going cause much effort to work this out !

But on side note indica dominate strains general have a darker green colour to them to which it may look like... i'm or we the community do not not know this to offer further help !

Even tho the outer margins of the leafs may show early signs of nutrient burn which i suspect is mainly down to soil/compost used !

But ye all looks pretty good in a 9 out of 10

Ye well growth wise, top growth comes first the side lateral branches come or form a little later is just one of those things with MJ... ya get use to it

I use ffof?? Wouldnt nitro def cause.more then just the verybottom set turn yellow? The stems are reallu weak and stopped.holdimg.it up before.ot.turned yellow :0 idk.when to.feedbecause.of this strong soil.. its been a month in it and.km.still having problems..
Screenshot_2016-04-10-08-34-09.png
Screenshot_2016-04-10-08-34-05.png
Screenshot_2016-04-10-08-34-12.png

Back
Top Bottom