First Grow - Soil - White Widow

After a few drinks tonight I decided to experiment on one of my plants. The one that's about 37 days in veg has always looked a little different then the other two. It doesn't have near as many nodes and until recently was always really small compared to the other two. I decided to try topping but I think I might have topped it lower than I should have. I'm thinking it should have been above the next set of leaves. Anyway, whats going to happen to the plant?

photo_6110.jpg

photo_6121.jpg

I transplanted the small plants into bigger containers (1 gallon i think) today and also ordered a 5x5 grow tent. The room i built is not doing the job with all the light leaks.

I definitely need more light soon, i just cant make up my mind on what to do. I have a couple round shop light things that are rated for 600W. Is it possible to just use one of them with a 400W hid bulb from Home Depot? The HPS lights I've been looking at come with something that looks like an amp. What does that do?

photo5410.jpg

Nice looking plants stinkybud

I would not plug a 400w bulb into a 600w lamp unless it clearly says that it is dimmable. ( has a switch that says the rating 250w 400w 600w 1000w) as for you question about the hps maybe the amp looking thing is the ballast do you have any pics?

Good job on the topping, more tops = more colas :)

Got the grow tent installed as well as a 4 inch exhaust fan with a carbon filter on the other side. I added 6 23w 6500K cfl's today. I thought they needed more light while I try to figure out what my bigger additional light is going to be.

Has anyone tried to flower with CFL's? It seems like the majority says an HPS will give the greatest yield. The tent I bought stays pretty warm and I don't want to deal with the heat issues on an HPS. On the other hand, I have a feeling I would need a shit ton of CFL's to flower 10 plants. Maybe another LED is the way to go? Any opinions would be appreciated.

photo_1m.JPG

photo_2k.JPG

photo_3k.JPG

photo_4u.JPG

Also, I still have some downward curl to both of my bigger plants. I don't get it at all. There is no way they are over watered so maybe I'm doing the opposite now? Can a plant have a lack of nutrients?

Two more questions: Why are the bigger plants so bushy? It seems like most of the time I see pictures of other plants the nodes are much farther apart like my plant in the black bucket. It only has 4 bigger nodes @ 15" tall while my bigger plant has 10 nodes @ 19" tall. Is it possible they are not the same strain?

The bigger plant also has pretty consistent 11 leaves on the top 6 nodes and the smaller plant doesn't get past 9? That seems weird too for the same strain.

Last question, I put my hand about 2 inches down in the dirt today of my middle sized plant and I grabbed roots? Why are they up so high?

One plant could have many different phenotypes depending on how deep in the breeders wants to stabilize the Genetics of the plant . Pretty much like Brothers , and sisters . They will have similarity but they will have differences depending on the parents , and their backgrounds. If you search pheno hunt you will get alot of material on it

Hard to tell from the photos, but I think I see the tell-tale wispy white threads of a female pre-flower. Good stuff stinkybud! Mine are starting to show as well. Removed and axed 5 male plants today. 5 ladies remain.

Good to hear from you Tuzo! When do you plan to star flowering yours?

I bought feminized seeds so hopefully they are all females but I know that its not 100% guaranteed. Its hard for me to tell though so I would like to get some additional opinions. I took some better pictures tonight. The first three are of one plant and the last two are the other plant.

IMG_078125.JPG

IMG_078222.JPG

IMG_078327.JPG

IMG_078423.JPG

IMG_078525.JPG

Not much to update on. The two bigger plants have been in flower for 1 week now and are about 29" tall. The small plants are all about 9" tall and are on day 40 of veg. I plan to transplant the smaller ones in a couple days.

The plants are getting much bigger than I thought they were going to. I thought I read they were supposed to be 40 to 50cm but maybe that was in inches?

image21006.JPG

image31007.JPG
image14778.JPG
image41005.JPG
image51003.JPG
image61005.JPG

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom