First Grow - Some Issues

chillfam

Hey all, have a pretty fun grow myself and was so inspired by the hundreds of hours of reading on this site. I decided to give it a shot. I recorded most events up until now because my lil bro wanted to watch me grow all the way from korea.

SEEDS:
Big bud x6
Girlscout cookies ×6

MEDIUM: fox farm light warrior seedlings
Transplanted to happy frog soil
5 gallon pots distilled water already ph'd at 6.5
And sensigrow A and B + sensibloom A and B.
GROWSPACE:
4×4×8 vegetation tent
3.5×7×8 flower tent
LIGHTS AND FANS
each tent has carbon filter, 6 inch phresh inline fan hooked up to air cooled light hood ducted to the outside of the house. I have 1000 watt metal halide light in veg, and 1000 watt hps in flower tent.for circulation I have clip fans as well as circulating fans in each tent.

On a quick side note. I'm experiencing consistently high temps in vegetative tent. I'm aware that 1000 watts may be too big for that small tent. But I believe the plants also may thrive as long as there is plenty of air movement.

Big Bud: I germinated the BB on 11th may and planted all the seeds on the 13th of may. After sprouting I kept them in Veg. For 38 days. The day I moved them to flower 4 were 21+inches and 2 were 18+. All were bushy. They have been in flower for 6 days and there is already little bud babies forming.
BIG BUD day 40.

Girlscout cookies: I germinated the Girlscout cookies on the 9th of may and planted them on the 11th. From there they have been growing okay despite the fact that temps are higher for them than it was for the BB. They currently sit at 4 inches and I have a runt that looks like she will pull through. I think I may wait one more feeding before I decide if I'm going to give them 1/4 strength nutrients. Any suggestions?
GIRLSCOUT COOKIES: day 13
Picture time! When I get it sorted out;-)

Hi Chillfam Welcome to :420:
This is by far the best cannabis community!
I will subscribe to your grow and watch those big buds grow.
Regards!

20150528_122146.jpg
Big bud 1 week old

20150624_161616.jpg
20150624_161623.jpg
20150624_161752.jpg
20150624_161818.jpg
20150621_100158.jpg
20150621_100217.jpg
20150624_090420.jpg
Ok, here is my grow area. Sorry about the upside down pics. I have a few photos of the GSC too! More photos later as well Cuz the girls just woke and they look marvelous.

These pics will bring me up to date. I'm headed out to run errands. Hydro shop for sure. I need to get my bloom Nutes because as of this morning they are 30 inches tall and only first week of flower

Hey Chillfam, the plants are looking splendid. props for doing your homework before starting with your grow! By looking at your plants I can say that, bud-wise, you have a promising future!

Thanks bro, I appreciate it. I'm trying to turn and burn with these suckers. Get the next batch through.
I did alot of reading before I even bought a thing. I'm constantly working the environment because of consistent high temps in veg room. There is alot of airflow though and it seems to cool down the plants just enough to reach for the sun! I have to redo my flower tent and I was thinking I will do that tonight right when the lights go out. I'm going to look over your journal from January as well

Hey chillfam. Those plants are looking awesome so far! Have you thought about tying the colas down or super cropping them? I think you would have a more efficient canopy and it would lower your canopy height just a bit, at least for now.

Best of luck to you with this grow. It's a promising start.

Thanks man, yep I thought about super cropping and tying them down. Studied those techniques. I just feel I'm not ready. To be honest, I've smoked the plant for years and never really tried to understand it. So my plan is this, let this one grow on its own. I want to see what it does. Learn from it and the next go around maybe work on some techniques. One method I like is the scrog. Might do that next go around. Thanks for looking!

Hey everyone, happy to report that all girls are lively and spry!
Here's some pics for everyone to enjoy! Sorry none of the Girlscout cookies, they're in the shower at the moment;-)

20150626_090417.jpg
20150626_090409.jpg

I redid my flower room last night for more efficiency.
I Realized That I Do Not Need Excessive Ducting To Raise OR Lower The lights
Also in doing this I put much less strain on my equipment. The elimination of one or more 90 degree turns lowered my Temps. I also did away with the light raisers. Not necessary. Gave me an extra 8 inches from the top of the light to the tent ceiling! Wow, kinda makes me wonder what else I bought that I didn't need and vice versa. Now my tent is 5 degrees cooler and I'm 5 minutes wiser in life right ;-) here are some pics

Back
Top Bottom