First grow sort of

uvlightheaded

Let me apologize first if this doesn't post in the wrong place I just started using the app

I have grown before a few bag seeds and I never really put the time effort or money into doing it right and got poor results because of it so this time around I am focused and got some good seeds to start and in the other attempts I had poor luck with germination so my first investment was a mini greenhouse with these plug things like rapid rooter and it worked like a charm 2/2 in less than a week
420-magazine-mobile1841612328.jpg

I want to say 2 days after dropping the seeds in they split and by the end of the week they were both on there way to the finish line
420-magazine-mobile158608166.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1579663073.jpg

I didn't think to label them so I'm not sure which is the auto bubble gum (00 seeds) and which is the Himalayan orange diesel (short stuff) the first place I went wring with this grow is the soil its way to heavy from what I have been reading but I have been piecing together what I want to use on my next grow I ordered the fox farm 3 pack of grow big big bloom and tiger bloom and amazon was nice enough to throw in a free bottle of big bloom I think I'm going to stick with fox farm so I think I'm gonna do Ocean forest - happy frog- light warrior. Lighting I have leaned on my experience with aquarium plants which I have have great success with cfl bulbs but I wanted to try LED lights also so I got a few 12w screw in LED bulbs and some florescent lights also (yard sale!)
420-magazine-mobile240770800.jpg

420-magazine-mobile174997767.jpg

Right now they are at day 32 I am wondering if someone wouldn't mind letting me know how the tall one looks in just wondering if it is stretched out or anything
420-magazine-mobile2042080498.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2103399405.jpg

Thanks in advance for any tips and info anyone might send my way looking forward to doing an actual grow journal with my next grow

UV

Sent from my LGMS330 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'm curious about your lighting. I just read this today from Ed Rosenthal's book:

"When grown under low light, or under a leafy canopy... all varieties develop long internodes (spaces on the stem between the leaves) due to the enhanced far-red light..."

The pic you posted asking opinions about "...how the tall one looks in just wondering if it is stretched out or anything "
I think that is exactly what I am seeing.

So, what's your lighting scheme? Major PITA recommends at least 50 watts (actual, not equivalent) per sq. ft. of grow space.

Oh, and perhaps you should see about getting this thread moved to the journals in progress section? :cheer:

Each plant has 1 12w 10 or 12 led grow bulb directly over it there is a 100w (actual) between them because the one got so tall I stood a shohorizontup vertically that should have t12s in it but I put t8s in it to over drive the bulbs for more light and there are 2 more 45 or 32w cfls for the short plant and one of the same for the tall they are pretty much surrounded in light i also am running a fan from an old airhockey table to cool things some if you saw how it was rigged together you would probably be like WTF BRUH lol
Thanks for replying how do I go about moving this I'm pretty new to the app

Each plant has 1 12w 10 or 12 led grow bulb directly over it there is a 100w (actual) between them because the one got so tall I stood a shohorizontup vertically that should have t12s in it but I put t8s in it to over drive the bulbs for more light and there are 2 more 45 or 32w cfls for the short plant and one of the same for the tall they are pretty much surrounded in light i also am running a fan from an old airhockey table to cool things some if you saw how it was rigged together you would probably be like WTF BRUH lol
Thanks for replying how do I go about moving this I'm pretty new to the app

With fluorescent (including CFL), you want them just a couple inches from the leaves. That should make them stretch as little as possible. You can also open up the growth tip gently. When the plant gets "X" amount of light on the growth tip, it knows the leaves are open and it's time to start the next node. That will make them stretch quite a bit less. Just use a toothpick or tweezers, and be very gentle.

To get this moved to "Journals", just make a post asking it to be moved and then report your post. An admin will move it for you.

420-magazine-mobile1072800016.jpg

I definitely need a more permanent setup for the lights and adress the things I know I have done wrong starting at the bottom. Drain holes in the buckets better soil and appropriate watering (I think I went a little overboard last time I watered) I can hear people thinking "uh what did you do right " Lol but I can say with 100% certainty this is the best results I've achieved so far
420-magazine-mobile824884463.jpg

420-magazine-mobile366288510.jpg

Day 45 everything looks and smells awesome watering considerably less have you ordered my new potting soil for the next grow is still not sure when to start my next to seeds but I'll figure that out in the next week or so
420-magazine-mobile1710829147.jpg

420-magazine-mobile623282454.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1735247136.jpg

420-magazine-mobile425612015.jpg

Back
Top Bottom