First Indoor Grow - Afghan Kush and Space Crush

modnarb

Let me start off by saying its been awesome learning different things from this forum. I am newly registered but have trolled for awhile lol.
Please, any tips is a must.
4 afghan kush clones - cut 1/17 and in soil at 1/29 - i purchased 2/4
2 space crush clones - dates n/a - apollo 13 x grape crush

I am using a 1000w digi . They are currently under a MH bulb 18/6 light.
Happy frog soil along with the earth juice nutes. I am thinking of switching to flowering asap but should i transplant into bigger pots and let them recover before going hps 12/12???

I am starting this journal late but i do have older pics.Will post pics Asap

IMAG02426.jpg
IMAG02456.jpg
IMAG02495.jpg
IMAG02506.jpg
IMAG02544.jpg
IMAG02702.jpg
IMAG02724.jpg
IMAG02712.jpg

IMAG02773.jpg

2 space crush clones in the back and 4 afghan kush in front. Just switched to HPS 12/12 light today 3.7.11
IMAG02805.jpg

Space crush
IMAG02794.jpg

Space crush
IMAG02784.jpg

IMAG02712.jpg

1 of 4 afghan kush - i am hoping my first indoor grow is a success as i am tired of being robbed of prices for my meds.

I started my nutes a week and half after potting.1/4 strength.
Before flower i was mixing per gallon:
Earth Juice grow - 1.5 TBSpoon
Microsblast - 1 tspoon
Bloom - 1 tspoon
The last feeding before flowering:
grow - 1.5 TBSpoon
bloom - 1 TBSpoon (increased)
microblast - 1 tspoon

As i switched my light to HPS this morning i got to watch my temps sky rocket.
79-80F was my highest with my MH bulb.
With the HPS I had seen 91!!
I quickly changed some stuff around to achieve a steady 86 at ceiling and 79 on floor.
The space crush drooped a bit but recovered nicley.
With a tight budget, the room window is open and a space heater is on a timer running at night for just 30 mins at a time. Michigan temps can drop extremly quick at night out of no where and freeze the room out.
This weekend a bigger fan for the cool tube hood is in order, while making plans to chill the room for summer. Any suggestions?

I do plan on going to hydro a few grows down the road and i know water temps will be a problem. Whatever DIY chiller to cool my light i make this spring, i would also like to use for future hydro setup.

Any tips or suggestions for this grow and the next are welcome!

Thanks,
Brandon

Thanks MadMardo. Just opened the tent this morning to check things out. They seem to be flowering very nicely.

I am going to be making a veg box with cfl's this weekend, well starting anyway. I hope to fit 6 plants, with a max height of 2.5ft per plant before moving them to the flowering tent. As i am growing in soil and will for a couple grows i am making this box to go to hydro someday, with room underneath to add a res. So please stay tuned as pics are to come.

Day 5 of flowering and they are looking nice. They were asking for their nutes this morning, i'll check the perk up in a few hours. I have most of the wood gathered up for my diy veg box. Those pics coming soon.

Space crush day 5
IMAG02886.jpg

Afghan kush day 5
IMAG02895.jpg

It was going good untill i had gotten leaf claw 2 days ago. all my top growth has it. Gonna wait on nutes for a another week. Weather had spiked 30f and my tent hit 91. This may have caused it. But i do have one plant not showing any signs of claw...... little confused because i had increased bloom and added catalyst last feeding... but my one plant has no claw.

New growth is looking good, no leaf claw. flushed the pots then let dry for 2 days. Cut the bottem out and so very carefully transplanted them into 5gals. No signs off shock but very good growth. The claw only showed on the afghans wich were in small pots... maybe that was it.
The bags will be easy to stick in a 5gal and slice open, next to come.

IMAG03193.jpg

Afghan kush day 23
IMAG03221.jpg

All 6 on one side of my 4x8 tent.
IMAG03231.jpg

Frost space crush cola day 23

This next weekend i plant on putting a wall in my 4x8 tent to have 2 4x4 rooms. Veg and flower.
I plan on using 1" foam board with a mylar sheet on both sides alum duct tape sealed shut.

For a 4x4 room vegging 6 plants, what size T5 should i get?

Thanks guys! I did a little bud pinching today to bring the smells out. Oh does that space crush have the best grape smell.

Back
Top Bottom