Donaldd's First 2015 MMJ Indoor Grow - 150W CFL

Here they all are now
Steady growth, the stems are getting quite strong, and the leaves are bigger. Good growth considering how poorly i started them
Juicy fruit #1
image23220.jpg
image23221.jpg

Juicy Fruit #2
image23222.jpg

Xxx
image23218.jpg
image23219.jpg

Nifty little box you rigged up there, looks great. Do you plan on adding a small HID like a 250 watt in the near future? Would help penetrate your canopy a little better than the CFLs once they get a bit bigger and start swelling in flower. I would try to bring your watering pH down to 6.5 instead of 7 too, if you're able to.

If you can get a small fan in there to move the air around the cab that would be a good thing to add as well.

Everything seems to be coming along nicely though, hopefully more people who can't run tents or build rooms see your set up and run with it. Sub'd.

P.S: Are these feminized or regular seeds?

Nifty little box you rigged up there, looks great. Do you plan on adding a small HID like a 250 watt in the near future? Would help penetrate your canopy a little better than the CFLs once they get a bit bigger and start swelling in flower. I would try to bring your watering pH down to 6.5 instead of 7 too, if you're able to.

If you can get a small fan in there to move the air around the cab that would be a good thing to add as well.

Everything seems to be coming along nicely though, hopefully more people who can't run tents or build rooms see your set up and run with it. Sub'd.

P.S: Are these feminized or regular seeds?

Hey man, welcome to the spot.
Thanks! It took like $180 and probably 10 or 12 hours. It does have a fan in it actually. Adjustable speed and everything:) i do put a desk fan in there occasionally though.

Haha you already know all my plans dude. Once they get a nice size, and i save up the cash, ill be adding two side cfls, and a small hid up top.
The only thing negative about hid is the hid price rather than cfl price.

Theyre random bagseeds lol, theyre pretty old, and pretty small for their age :p

:thumb:

Yellowing and brown tips are the first signs of nutrient burn but they're on the older leaves so I wouldn't worry about it until you see new growth with it. Calcium is typically brown spotting/freckling. Pistil growth is normal before going into flower depending on timeframe, maybe not necessarily that early though. Will just have to wait to see if it shoots off more flowering signs. What's your pH of your run off water? They look great, just curious. Not sure if you or your family care but if you want to cut down smell you could look into a 4x12" 200cfm Phresh filter or what I always recommend is going overkill with like a 400cfm 6" fan and filter. 6" fans when dialed down will move more air and be quieter than a 4" fan trying to pull the same cfms.

Yellowing and brown tips are the first signs of nutrient burn but they're on the older leaves so I wouldn't worry about it until you see new growth with it. Calcium is typically brown spotting/freckling. Pistil growth is normal before going into flower depending on timeframe, maybe not necessarily that early though. Will just have to wait to see if it shoots off more flowering signs. What's your pH of your run off water? They look great, just curious. Not sure if you or your family care but if you want to cut down smell you could look into a 4x12" 200cfm Phresh filter or what I always recommend is going overkill with like a 400cfm 6" fan and filter. 6" fans when dialed down will move more air and be quieter than a 4" fan trying to pull the same cfms.
These plants are so sensitive to the nutrients, agh. I am starting to water with 6.0 pH water and calmag, my current runoff is around 7.2, kinda high. Theres spotting on a few of the leaves, like freckles, but theyre like rusty looking. Dark brown and red.

I went to check out carbon filters today, didnt find any that stood out as being better than any other. Ill be looking into your recommendation

I think my four inch fan does 75 max cfm

These plants are so sensitive to the nutrients, agh. I am starting to water with 6.0 pH water gypsum and calmag, my current runoff is around 7.2, kinda high. Theres spotting on a few of the leaves, like freckles, but theyre like rusty looking. Dark brown and red.

I went to check out carbon filters today, didnt find any that stood out as being better than any other. Ill be looking into your recommendation

These plants are so sensitive to the nutrients, agh. I am starting to water with 6.0 pH water gypsum and calmag, my current runoff is around 7.2, kinda high. Theres spotting on a few of the leaves, like freckles, but theyre like rusty looking. Dark brown and red.

Keep at it with the CalMag and it should resolve itself, it does sound like that issue. I was going mainly by the one pictures where you can see the end of the main set browning. Do you have a PPM meter that you use?

As far as a fan you may want to consider an inline fan if you're going with a filter since you want it hooked up directly to the filter to scrub inside the closet.

I like both of my Phresh filters I have, although I'm running the larger ones than you would need I would still recommend them for small or large applications. I have a 12x39" 1700 CFM with a 10" Hyperfan 1065 CFM that I run at about 75-80% speed and then in my smaller room I have a 10x24" 850 CFM with the same 10" Hyperfan dialed down to about 40% so I'm never actually running my fans at max. To be honest the only reason I've even had my larger room fan up to 80% is because I've been dealing with a heat issue lately but even with both fans turned all the way down my doors want to close on their own because of the negative pressure which would really benefit you scrubbing in a closet (eliminates any chance of leaking smell). My mini split AC unit comes in tomorrow or Tuesday and then the fan will get turned back down to 40% which is virtually noiseless with a few feet of ducting on the exhaust end. Anyways, my point I'm trying to get at is if you go a little overkill on your fan and filter you can dial them down and accomplish the same task for a few bucks more instead of cranking a smaller fan up and hindering any stealthiness you want to maintain.

Regarding fans Hyperfans are pretty expensive but they're are weightless in comparison to a Hurricane or any other inline fan, which is the main reason I got them being mounted to my ceiling. I think a Hurricane would do you plenty. A 4" fan and filter will get you about 150-190 CFMs and a 6" can get you anywhere from 350-400 CFM at full power (assuming the combined fan matches the filter or filter is rated higher than fan). What size is your closet? Guessing it's close to 2x4x8 (64 cubic feet) which would require at least an equal amount if not more. Just make sure if you decide on a fan you get a fan controller to dial that boy down.

Keep at it with the CalMag and it should resolve itself, it does sound like that issue. I was going mainly by the one pictures where you can see the end of the main set browning. Do you have a PPM meter that you use?

As far as a fan you may want to consider an inline fan if you're going with a filter since you want it hooked up directly to the filter to scrub inside the closet.

I like both of my Phresh filters I have, although I'm running the larger ones than you would need I would still recommend them for small or large applications. I have a 12x39" 1700 CFM with a 10" Hyperfan 1065 CFM that I run at about 75-80% speed and then in my smaller room I have a 10x24" 850 CFM with the same 10" Hyperfan dialed down to about 40% so I'm never actually running my fans at max. To be honest the only reason I've even had my larger room fan up to 80% is because I've been dealing with a heat issue lately but even with both fans turned all the way down my doors want to close on their own because of the negative pressure which would really benefit you scrubbing in a closet (eliminates any chance of leaking smell). My mini split AC unit comes in tomorrow or Tuesday and then the fan will get turned back down to 40% which is virtually noiseless with a few feet of ducting on the exhaust end. Anyways, my point I'm trying to get at is if you go a little overkill on your fan and filter you can dial them down and accomplish the same task for a few bucks more instead of cranking a smaller fan up and hindering any stealthiness you want to maintain.

Regarding fans Hyperfans are pretty expensive but they're are weightless in comparison to a Hurricane or any other inline fan, which is the main reason I got them being mounted to my ceiling. I think a Hurricane would do you plenty. A 4" fan and filter will get you about 150-190 CFMs and a 6" can get you anywhere from 350-400 CFM at full power (assuming the combined fan matches the filter or filter is rated higher than fan). What size is your closet? Guessing it's close to 2x4x8 (64 cubic feet) which would require at least an equal amount if not more. Just make sure if you decide on a fan you get a fan controller to dial that boy down.
One day i will purchase a 6 inch more powerful fan, everything is temporary till i move and get a job.
The box is 2x3x4, so im not sure if my 47 cfm is adequate. I dont have a ppm meter, i actually dont even know what that is, lol

So i have TWO FEMALE Juicy fruits :D both grew pistils

BUT look at this, all the leaves have burn, very thin stem compared to its sister, and its stunted.
What in the hell man?
image24253.jpg

Im continuing the 6.0 water, calmag, and gypsum, but this plant is kinda messed up!

Heres the healthier sister, small burn on new tips, but its super minimal.
image24254.jpg

The XXX is stretching a lot, and not growing much. Its got some issues too. Spotting lower leaves, yellowing.
And so on.
image24255.jpg

The top photo looks as if it's experiencing nitrogen deficiency, just my guess since it's entirely yellowing which is typically a nitrogen issue. Now the very bottom photo looks like a nitrogen toxicity where the leaves are extremely dark green (maybe just the angle of the photo and lighting) and are also curling inwards and down. Also a possibility of over watering as well on the bottom but just be careful over the next week or so and they should come around if you get your pH as close to 6.5 as possible and get them the proper nutrients! Look up ways to get your run off closer to 6.5 and make sure you water with 6.5. When you get your pH as close to 6.5 as possible you allow proper nutrient uptake across the whole board (calcium, magnesium, potassium, nitrogen, manganese, etc). Check out Google for Cannabis Ph Charts, there are a million that show for soil 6.5 is perfect because it's right at the middle where everything is able to be taken into the roots.

A PPM meter gauges how many nutrients are in water. Advanced Nutrients Grow and Bloom A+B recommend 4ml per liter or 16 ml per gallon. If I go half the recommended dosage I get about 600-700 ppms or particles per million. It's really just a small ratio of x nutrients per x amount of water. Nutrient burn can because by too high of PPMs that the plant can handle.

Look into a few jobs that are hiring if you can asap, you'll enjoy the rewards once you're able to buy the proper equipment and nutrients! Looking good so far though. The best advice someone ever gave me is that sometimes, less is more. :thumb:

Bought fox farm big grow liquid plant food the other day, we'll see how they like it

I topped juicy fruit 1 yesterday. Maybe it'll grow wide, maybe not. All my plants stretch over night. Especially my indicas :/
image24517.jpg

The brown spotting has stopped progressing.

Juicy fruit 2 is less yellow, and growing slowly, but visibly.

XXX is completely stunted, i dont know whats wrong with it... I fed it nutrient water.

Flush out the XXX with clean pH'd water and give it a few days, then get back to it and see if it responds. Glad to hear about the yellowing going away though! Are you losing your mind and impatient to see change? I swear I nearly pulled a cot up next to my plants when I was dealing with similar issues :laughtwo:

Flush out the XXX with clean pH'd water and give it a few days, then get back to it and see if it responds. Glad to hear about the yellowing going away though! Are you losing your mind and impatient to see change? I swear I nearly pulled a cot up next to my plants when I was dealing with similar issues :laughtwo:

Word, gonna do that in a bit then.
Hahaha man, its driving me nuts! I see everyone's pics at 20 days, and theyre double the width of mine, its bothering the crap out of me. So much waiting with so little growth

The only time my plants grow is at night. Mostly stretching though, i dont even know how

Back
Top Bottom