SirOgKush 1st Indoor Juicy Fruit (Bag Seed) Grow - 2010

SirOgKush

Whats good 420 This is SirOgKush..I've decided to start my own growing project from some Juicy fruit seeds i collected a couple of months ago..so far so good 9 out of 10 germinated and im hoping for at least 1 female so I can start my first cloning project and never again worry about where my buds are coming from (Poor Man's Dream) Although I am a newbie I've put time and effort researching and my main goal is to birth cloned Juicy fruit while using the LST technique. Im on a tight budget but I've invested my money mainly on the HPS light..I know your suppose to use Metal Halide or CFL's for Veg and HPS for Flower but ehh I just decided to get the HPS and in the future create a Cloning Station with Fluorescent. Questions, comments or advice are welcome. Here are the Specs and some pics 2 weeks in the making enjoy! :grinjoint:

What strain is it?... Juicy Fruit (Bagseed)
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?....Hybrid not sure of percentages
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?...Veg
If in Veg... For how long?... 13 days 10/14/10
Indoor or outdoor?... Indoor
Lights?...600W Hps Light
Soil or Hydro?...Soil
If soil... what is in your mix?... 25% Miracle grow moister control,75% Espoma potting Mix
If soil... What size pot?...7"
PH of media or res?...??
Any Pests ?...My Cat
How often are you watering?...When needed or every 2-3 days
Type and strength of ferts used?...Fox Farm Grow Big (6-4-4)

:adore: It's Alive!
IMAG00804.jpg

4 days
IMAG00875.jpg

IMAG00913.jpg

About A Week
IMAG00941.jpg

IMAG00953.jpg

Just about 2 Weeks
IMAG01105.jpg

IMAG01123.jpg

Re: SirOgKush 1st Indoor Juicy Fruit (Bag seed) Grow-2010

I also forgot to say that I have the kids on a 18/7 schedule and plan to flower in about 4-6 weeks since im just looking for the Ladies to clone

Quick question for anyone...in my last pick do the leaves look healthy im not sure if the light green is showing me a deficiency

High SirOgKush!

Ladies are looking fantastic brother! So healthy and happy. Keep up the good work!

Welcome to 420magazine brother SirOgKush,

Those babies are looking very healthy so far. with the light green , my JF seedlings also did the light green thing, as long as they don't turn yellow you'll be fine. take care with the miracle grow it burns plants dead. espoma bio-tone gets a lot of use in my green shack

your cloning station idea sounds like a winner. i need one of those... and some more genetics...

I'm sure you can use the hps for all stages of growth bruv. ( personally I haven't used one. I'm a cheap skate who likes free light.) it's on the warm red end of the spec like 2100k or 2700k, those are supposed to make for longer internodal growth and makes over all tallish, lanky plants. mh are more bluerish ( not a word...i know.), like 3000k up to 4000k makes for shorter distance between nodes, and an over all shorter bushy plants. daylight is around 5500k.

most of the cfl's I find at wally world and the depot are on the warmer end, (2700k, but with the hps you already have those freqs covered) so, take care when choosing the right one, you may need to check the box for 4000k or even deeper blue, up to 6500k i think (however, most of the temps are not listed on the box, they are listed on the G.E. website though).

Good luck bredren, stay positive.

Thanks alot Chrome and toes I wasn't too sure on why they looked so light in the pictures I took
I have a bunch to talk about and I just noticed that i never gave my babies a proper Intro before I start here they are...

:theband:

I'll start with Angel when she first sprouted she seemed to look like she wasn't going to make it...something told me to give her time and that something was right she became better...
Angel2.jpg

Angel1.jpg

Now we have Crystal she's one of the tallest and Strongest(Please be a female)
Crystal11.jpg

Felicia
Felicia1.jpg

Felicia2.jpg

Georgia
Georgia.jpg

Georgia2.jpg

Harry
Harry1.jpg

Harry2.jpg

Imani
Imani1.jpg

Now this is Jake(hopefully Jackie)...Somethings going on with her and im glad i bought the Magnifying glass last night because I picked up what looks like burn on the tip of her leaf.Could it be the miracle coming to haunt me:confused: !?! Can anyone help me understand whats going on? :bitingnails:
Jake1.jpg

Jake3.jpg

Jake4.jpg

Equip.Updates :geek:

the kids are 14 days old today and im spending my time trying to tweak my operation...Yesterday I bought thermometer,Magnifying glass, a couple of hooks and walls screws for my light,and biogradeable rope my next purchase will be mylar for the light to bounce around of course ...

Before I leave I wanted to ask a future question also...are you able to switch soils when you transition from 6" pots to 3Lbs?
:peacetwo:

nice, your on your way!

i wouldn't worry too much about those tips. probably exactly what it is tho, just watch to see if it spreads to the edges of your leafs. your plants look healthy enough to out grow a little nute burn. plenty of good buds have been grown using the MG, usually at 1/4 to 1/2 strength because it's strong stuff. Did you see the videos in my thread from JuicyFruit4Me? he grew this strain in strait MG soil alone.

I had to change the soil in my containers, early too. I gently flipped the pots on their sides and poured out the dirt, plant and all, then showered the acidic front yard dirt off the roots. While supporting the young plant in my left hand to the height i needed to be in the pot,with the free hand, i filled in the premium soil/peat/perlite mix around the roots. They jumped up about 3 inches over night.

Thats good to hear toes I wasn't sure if the burn was a sign of a bigger problem...

I saw juicyfruit4me's videos but i didn't know it was all MG thats good to know..

When you were cleaning the roots were you afraid of shock?
did you use a certain technique to make sure that wasn't caused?

Whats up SirOgKush:welcome: to the 420Mag Family! Hope all is cool with mom and she is feeling well. Thats great you are helping your family out at home:goodluck: I would not loose ANY sleep about the tip being brown or burnt the seedlings look marvelous! I'm all in for this and will be looking forward to your grow:goodluck:

Toes, nice work looking out for other members and being so cool.:welldone:

+Rep

Yes, I was afraid.

However the fear of the 4.5 pH of my soil killing the plants was greater! i tried baking soda in water, a recipe I found somewhere, in two of the six containers. It burned the new growth severely. It was one or the other, brother, so I meditated, bought some peat, perlite, mushroom compost, Happy Frog fruit and flower, Maxicrop and did the business. My ginger fingers were all i needed, and a good pH meter...:) It's not for the faint of heart, but with all the root pr0n ive seen in the hydro/bubble forums, i figured i could give it a go.

Wingman420, Thanks...;)

Sorry it's been a while since I've updated my journal...this marks 35 days for my kids and for the most part all is well..for a while I had problems with the room being too hot due to the HPS...The temp reached over 95 degrees and sadly Angel didn't make it...I bought two fans and im glad to say the temp fluctuates from 77-84 degrees and my babies are thanking me for it...I also Pruned a couple of leaves just so the undergrowth could see some action...there also starting to fill the room up with a sweet earthy smell...I dunno if i should mask the smell or give glade plug in's a new idea...on Day 42 I plan to switch to 12/12 and prepare for cloning...I already have the rooting hormone and plan to buy some rock wool cubes and a humidifier dome

Question: can i start clones in rock wool then transplant into soil?? or should i use those clay balls?

here are some pictures from last week and on day 42 (next friday) I'll show you the kids before I start hunting for the ladies

IMAG01455.jpg

eddy3w3.jpg

eddy3w.jpg

Felicia3w.jpg

Georgia3w.jpg

Harry_3w3.jpg

Imani3w.jpg

Hey SirOgKush, plants are looking great! You had said you were planning on LST for your babies. Well, they look like they are at the point where you can start bending them over. The earlier you do this, the better. It will give more time for those side branches to shoot up towards the light.

Keep up the good work!!

:welcome:

Hey SirOgKush, plants are looking great! You had said you were planning on LST for your babies. Well, they look like they are at the point where you can start bending them over.

Thanks alot Smokey...

Those pictures were shot Two weeks ago and they have grown since then...I took pictures of my equipment and the kids as of today (Day 37)

Sorry for the side view
Set_Up.jpg

Grouptop.jpg

Group61.jpg

Group_Mid.jpg

PB070403.jpg

I cleaned the spray bottle with bleach and filled it with Sparking water...I heard something about the CO2 bubbles helping...
Mist.jpg

The temp usually moves around between 75-85 degrees...no higher than that thanks to the fans
Temp8.jpg

My babies get only the best
Pure_water.jpg

The Soil
Soil9.jpg

For Cleaner Air
Ionic.jpg

I usually mix 1/2 a teaspoon per 2 Quarts of water every other Feeding
GrowBig.jpg

The Fan with 4 types of speeds
Fan18.jpg

The HPS Ballast on the top shelf
Ballast8.jpg

Pot Sizes
6_5.jpg

Am I stll able to work on LST at this time or should I wait for the second harvest??

Ok so I woke up today (Day38) and I see something pop out around the node I tried to get it as focused as I could but Im using a different cam for pics and it's not the best...it looks like two split hairs does that possibly mean I found a girl? Also there are others popping out what looks like Pubescent balls (Damnmit) opinions??

Female27.jpg

Pistils_.jpg

Thanks alot growheart I guess Im jumping the gun..I've been waiting for some type of sign of a female and it so happens that this plant is one of my strongest...could anyone help shed light on what the hell are those hairs? or can I at least confirm a future girl? I thought I was looking at a calyx a baby pistils but I don't know anymore..

heres the picture i was going by..
MARIJUANA-SEX-300x184.jpg

Here's my Kid....
rsz_pb090387.jpg

nice look KUSH, SUBBED AND READY TO ROLL with this one, check out my grow we're using a similar setup

Back
Top Bottom