First Indoor Grow - GG#4 & Green Crack 4x8 Grow Tent 1200 Watts

re: First Indoor Grow - GG#4 & Green Crack 4x8 Grow Tent 1200 Watts

Veg Day 35 - only 1 more day of Veg!!!

day_35_veg_2.jpg

day_356.JPG

day_35_veg_closeup.JPG

Also removed the plants I had started from seed and placed them back into the 4'x4' Veg Tent
seedlings_back_in_veg_tent.jpg

Shortly after, a few clones were taken from each of these (my first time cloning and it was successful)
Roots! Rockwool cubes soaked for an hour 5.5pH, into a humidity dome with a heat pad underneath, under a small fixture 24 hours of light 2 to 3 weeks for crazy roots, this is for next journal tho =)

my_clones_2.jpg

my_clones1.jpg

clones_in_humidity_dome.jpg

And i was suggested to not flower something out from seed.. to only plant a few seeds, get a few nodes, clone them to determine sex faster, then flower those out and find a great pheno and keep it. Any thoughts on that fellow 420magazine people?

Day 7 Flower

Co2 Tank connected to Atlas 2 @ canopy level, PPM @ 1200-1500

Temp @ 82F average
Humidity @ 45%-55% average
Lights @ 12/12

Pulling the plants out to lollipop the lower growth and promote healthy under air flow. No nutrients yet, just a regular 6.5 pH water on the 1st day of flower. Trying to ensure a healthy transition. ALSO, left in the MH conversion bulbs for the 1st week of flower. Switched to HPS Eye Hortilux on day 7.

Giving the girls a very light feeding today. The 5 gallons hold the water well when the plants are this small so I haven't had to water since Day 2. And so I've heard the #1 problem is over watering and after having a semi-successful outdoor grow this past summer, I learned a bit on how to not over/under water.

1st Light Feed (tsp per gallon):
.5 tsp Silica (added first)
1 tsp Big Bloom
.25 tsp Grow Big
.25 tsp Tiger Bloom
.5 tsp Liquid Seaweed
.5 tsp SNS 209 *for pest control*

650ppm
6.5pH

lollipop_time.jpg

pulling_out_to_lollipop.jpg

Aggressively trying to eliminate lower branch growth to promote more focused growth to colas and main canopy area

LOLLIPOPPED.jpg

Issue Arises :(

PM seemed to show up ready to f*ck things up days after a short stint of 80% humidity. My dehumidifier's reservoir filled up and stopped working a couple times in week 2 of flower. I had a hose running to a 5 gallon bucket for run off, however, the connection was not secure and it still filled up the tiny reservoir.

This is where the greatest feeling of growing cannabis really came to a halt, temporarily, for me. I was warned PM & Pests are your 2 biggest things youll encounter; and my first outdoor grow had both, and now this.....

I ran into a bit of PM on my first outdoor grow this past summer towards the very end right before harvest and I've put countless hours of research into finding safe organic methods for prevention and eradication of this evil white devil... Everyone and their mother has given advice. From eagle 20 (no thanks) to baking soda water to sulfur burning to just dunking buds in H2O2 post harvest...

What sucks is once you see the PM in spore form on your plants, its probably better to stop growing disease and start fresh. And each leaf you pick off that's infested probably springs millions of airborne bad guys into the air looking for another surface to begin the devilish process of multiplication... But I have this persistent attitude and have invested too much time into this thus far to give up.

I discovered SNS 244, an all natural fungicide. I tried to spot spray while lights off a few hours before lights on, only to see some spots get burned the next day or a week later found it come back even stronger elsewhere other than the original infected spot.

When its all said and done, The solution to this I am going with will be dunking my harvested buds into a H2O2 solution (Jorge Cervantes youtube video style) and tucking my tail between my legs and praying for better days and that the PM war be over.

* Also, it had only seemed to be affecting the Gorilla Glue #4 and hadn't seen any spores on the Green Crack, only on day 25+ of flower and it was only on very bottom leafs that didn't get much light.

Will return tomorrow to post more pictures & updates leading up to day 37 *current day I am on as of writing this*.. Keeping my spirits up in light of the PM situation, less than a month to go with everything looking amazing minus Mr. PM.

Hi was curious as to what is this pm u speak of

Sent from my SM-G935T using 420

Day 24 Flower: Bud sites forming!

Only regular watering thus far since day 7's light feed. pH from 6.3-6.8 varying each water. Trying to avoid excess salt buildup and/or toxicity. Watering first 3-4 weeks usually about every 2-3 days about 1/2 to 3/4 gallon of water per watering in 5 gallon smart pots.

20 lb. Co2 tank @1500ppml lasted until Day ~13/14 ... getting 2 weeks per tank not bad! $20 per refill at the local hydro store.

Fellow forum members, what are your thoughts on Co2? I've read a bunch of different views on the topic, but do you think its helping here or a waste of time? I was worried that pulling in ambient air from my garage and exhausting would be too cold. Might try on the next grow though without Co2.

day_24_flower2.JPG

Day 29 Flower: Green Crack Bud Closeup

Here is a shot of the green crack taken outside the tent just to get a better look without the HPS lighting.

day_29_flower_closeup.jpg

gc_closeup_day_29.jpg

Day 36 Flower

Some shots of the garden. I was wondering if seeing this many red hairs only this far along is something to think about or is that ok?

These are the Gorilla Glue #4:

day_36_gg4_closeup_2.jpg

day_36_close_up_gg41.jpg

day_36_gg4_closeup.jpg

day_36_gg4_closeup_3.jpg

These are the Green Crack:

day_36_gg4_closeup_4.jpg

day_36_gg4_closeup_5.jpg

day_36_gg4_closeup_6.jpg

day_36_gg4_closeup_7.jpg

day_36_gg4_closeup_8.jpg

Day 36 Flower: Homeade Trellis For Support!

Buds packing on weight and starting some leaning. Used bamboo sticks on the gorilla glue and that is holding them up OK. The green crack plants stretched a lot and the heavier they have been getting the more they are leaning. I made this with the intention of using it to do a SCROG grow but didn't veg the plants and start the flower with it in there so I let it go without.

The trellis is held up by the same type of ratchet hangers the lights use.

day_36_flower_trellis_support1.jpg

day_36_trellis.jpg

Seeing some discoloration on leaves on both strains, more so on the GG#4 than the Green Crack. But here is a leaf that was up towards the top colas on a GG#4 plant and not from the very bottom. Any suggestions? Nitrogen deficiency??

flower_Deficiency.jpg

Day 38 Flower: Gorilla Glue #4 Closeup

Here are the Gorilla Glue #4 Plants they smell so piney and spicy and reminiscent of OG but a very subtlety smoky yet pungent. DanK!

gg4_plants_day_36.jpg

gg4_day_38.jpg

gg4_closeup.jpg

Now fully up to date with my journal and today/tonight is finishing up day 38 and will get more shots of any leaves showing signs of deficiencies and will be taking pictures of the rest of the journey...

Any input, suggestions, ideas, criticism, thoughts, stoned ramblings or anything is welcomed here :) Thanks!

It has been a fun journey so far and each day has been fun looking forward to seeing the girls and making sure they're well taken care of!

I'm totally sitting in on this journal, though it's been a month or so since your last update. How are your plants going? I'd really like to see those Green Crack's.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom