First Tent Equipment

smeg

420 Member
Hello, I'm trying to order for my first tent set up. Preferably with mostly Black Friday pricing :). I'm hoping to set it up to make things as easy as possible.

I just ordered a (30% off :thumb:) Gorilla 2x4 and plan to use the 1-foot extension. (I can't fit the 2 foot)
Other than that, I have already bought HLG 300L V2 RSpec light (Hopefully, that was a good choice)

Thoughts on what's left?

1. I was looking at AC Infinity Fans with the smart controller. (I understand going larger for quieter?) (So what size would be recommended).
2. Filter, I saw old post on "can" filters (are those still recommended, I would imagine you need to match the fan diameter). I like the replaceable carbon idea.
3. Because of the smart controller, looking at AC Infinity oscillating
4. Autopots, I saw this recommend but I'm confused on what to get.
-----There is the 2XL (6.6 gallon)
-----3XL Tray (Again 6.6)
-----easy grow 4 (3.9gallon)
5. Somebody had mentioned that AC Infinity now has a humidifier, but I didn't think a humid tent was needed?
6. Anything I'm missing or other suggestions?

I'm hoping to get this nailed down and ordered soon. I really appreciate any and all input (Black Friday Sales too!)

Hello, I'm trying to order for my first tent set up. Preferably with mostly Black Friday pricing :). I'm hoping to set it up to make things as easy as possible.

I just ordered a (30% off :thumb:) Gorilla 2x4 and plan to use the 1-foot extension. (I can't fit the 2 foot)
Other than that, I have already bought HLG 300L V2 RSpec light (Hopefully, that was a good choice)

Thoughts on what's left?

1. I was looking at AC Infinity Fans with the smart controller. (I understand going larger for quieter?) (So what size would be recommended).
2. Filter, I saw old post on "can" filters (are those still recommended, I would imagine you need to match the fan diameter). I like the replaceable carbon idea.
5. Somebody had mentioned that AC Infinity now has a humidifier, but I didn't think a humid tent was needed?

I'm hoping to get this nailed down and ordered soon. I really appreciate any and all input (Black Friday Sales too!)
You’ve made some nice choices….there’s a lot of questions, so I’ll try to be brief.

Ac infinity fans are great! I just purchased my second one for a new veg tent. The new Controller 69 included in the kit allows you to control up to four devices in your tent too using your smart phone. As far as size, I would recommend the 8 inch T8 as long as the vent in the Gorilla tent will accommodate it. There’s a few reasons. 1.). Won’t have to run as hard, so quieter and less vibration. 2.). Easy to upgrade to a larger tent later. Having only four ports for control is the biggest challenge……I currently control my LED, my in-line fan and two oscillating fans. You will need an 8 inch filter too. In-line Filters with a “reversible flange” can be re-assembled to extend life too.

I have the 6 inch T6 in a 2x2 and a 60” tall 2x4 tent. My fan ends up running at relatively high speeds and i wish I had an 8 inch fan running at lower rpm’s.

I’ve been through a few pole fans over the years and I have four of the oscillating ACI fans….all programmable through the controller. They are high quality fans in my opinion. Going strong.

ACI makes three humidifiers….two on back order until next year I believe and one still under development. I was fortunate enough to purchase the small one for my veg tent and it’s working great to maintain humidity there. You will want to maintain different environments based on stage of life (see attached). The nice aspect of their humidifiers is that they are exterior to the tent….saves floor space in the grow room. They are ultrasonic humidifiers, so you should use distilled or RO water to prevent a white film from covering your grow room.

You may want to consider purchasing some 2x4 SCROG nets….it’s a nice way to support the heavy colas.

I own four Autopots, but I’ve never run them. As I evaluated the system, I saw too many opportunities for leaks in my spare bedroom/grow room since I couldn’t keep the reservoir in my tent. Consider if you have the ability to keep the nutrient reservoir cool (63-72). I’ve opted to be a soil grower. If you are looking for a self feeding system, AC infinity has saucers with a wick system that is getting decent reviews during its early introduction.

Make sure you use good soil (I like Ocean Forest and Happy Frog) and I like to add extra perlite for drainage. I also recommend that you have saucers and plant elevators under your pots. Fabric pots are a great option if you are new as it’s more difficult to overwater. If you prefer hard plastic pots, the 5 gallon GroPro Warrior pots seem great for the roots.

Think about where you are venting your tent too. If you are venting into a bedroom, you may need to purchase a dehumidifier. Ideally, venting out of the house Is ideal but it’s not always possible.

Best of luck….you’re well on your way!

D317227A-1C63-45BB-833E-B8AB7322983C.jpeg

239343D6-88E5-4DFB-8ADB-634397B5634B.png

You’ve made some nice choices….there’s a lot of questions, so I’ll try to be brief.

Ac infinity fans are great! I just purchased my second one for a new veg tent. The new Controller 69 included in the kit allows you to control up to four devices in your tent too using your smart phone. As far as size, I would recommend the 8 inch T8 as long as the vent in the Gorilla tent will accommodate it. There’s a few reasons. 1.). Won’t have to run as hard, so quieter and less vibration. 2.). Easy to upgrade to a larger tent later. Having only four ports for control is the biggest challenge……I currently control my LED, my in-line fan and two oscillating fans. You will need an 8 inch filter too. In-line Filters with a “reversible flange” can be re-assembled to extend life too.

I have the 6 inch T6 in a 2x2 and a 60” tall 2x4 tent. My fan ends up running at relatively high speeds and i wish I had an 8 inch fan running at lower rpm’s.

I’ve been through a few pole fans over the years and I have four of the oscillating ACI fans….all programmable through the controller. They are high quality fans in my opinion. Going strong.

ACI makes three humidifiers….two on back order until next year I believe and one still under development. I was fortunate enough to purchase the small one for my veg tent and it’s working great to maintain humidity there. You will want to maintain different environments based on stage of life (see attached). The nice aspect of their humidifiers is that they are exterior to the tent….saves floor space in the grow room. They are ultrasonic humidifiers, so you should use distilled or RO water to prevent a white film from covering your grow room.

You may want to consider purchasing some 2x4 SCROG nets….it’s a nice way to support the heavy colas.

I own four Autopots, but I’ve never run them. As I evaluated the system, I saw too many opportunities for leaks in my spare bedroom/grow room since I couldn’t keep the reservoir in my tent. Consider if you have the ability to keep the nutrient reservoir cool (63-72). I’ve opted to be a soil grower. If you are looking for a self feeding system, AC infinity has saucers with a wick system that is getting decent reviews during its early introduction.

Make sure you use good soil (I like Ocean Forest and Happy Frog) and I like to add extra perlite for drainage. I also recommend that you have saucers and plant elevators under your pots. Fabric pots are a great option if you are new as it’s more difficult to overwater. If you prefer hard plastic pots, the 5 gallon GroPro Warrior pots seem great for the roots.

Think about where you are venting your tent too. If you are venting into a bedroom, you may need to purchase a dehumidifier. Ideally, venting out of the house Is ideal but it’s not always possible.

Thanks!

On the filter " In-line Filters with a “reversible flange” can be re-assembled to extend life too." Is that the AC Infinity or the "Can"?

As far as the scrog, I did get the "trellis" with the grow tent. Will that work, or is that for something else?

Thanks!

On the filter " In-line Filters with a “reversible flange” can be re-assembled to extend life too." Is that the AC Infinity or the "Can"?

As far as the scrog, I did get the "trellis" with the grow tent. Will that work, or is that for something else?
Yep, trellis net is perfect.

There are a lot of filters for inline fans. I tend to buy cheapies from Amazon as I’m not too worried about odor. I’ve upgraded to the AC Infinity XL model with my current grow and it’s working at week 8 of flower. I think there are probably better filter brands out there, so I really can’t advise on the best to get.

Yep, trellis net is perfect.

There are a lot of filters for inline fans. I tend to buy cheapies from Amazon as I’m not too worried about odor. I’ve upgraded to the AC Infinity XL model with my current grow and it’s working at week 8 of flower. I think there are probably better filter brands out there, so I really can’t advise on the best to get.
Well, honestly, I want this to be as "set and forget" as possible, so I'm hoping to get a filter to last a couple of years or more, and if I could refill it, all the better, but Thanks!

I'm still waiting on hearing back from AC infinity to see if they are even doing a BF sale. I hope so! I was really happy with the tent price. It wasn't supposed to combine discounts (from my understanding) but it did :headbanger:

I also got the equipment rack thing..not sure how good, but with a discount ...

Thoughts on what's left?

Check out our Sponsors my friend.
Tons of fantastic equipment all at reduced prices for members.
I'm particularly fond of @VIVOSUN great equipment and service. :thumb:
And they sell everything absolutely everything.
All shipped right away, check them out.
I've never used auto pots sorry.
Air pots yeah.
If there is something i can help with let me know.
Oh yeah welcome to 420Magazine. :welcome:
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Guud choice on the fan. Very quiet. Dependable. I’ve been using the 6” for a couple of years. Have it in a 27”x60”x80” high tent. Using Airpots but have used bags in the past. I’m getting better at watering so not much soil comes out the side holes. Learning to water once every 5-7 days. I check soil for moisture thru the Airpots side holes. Many will say to lift the container, to feel the weight. To determine how dry the soil is. To each their own. Read read read. A lot of information here. Welcome aboard.

Those look pretty neat and easy, but I'm not sure if it's as easy as these AutoPots:

The basic 2 pot XL

3 pot XL tray

easy grow 4 3.9

Still, I'll look Thank YOU!

@Bill284 and @Finnicki I'll have to check out the airpots, they do look cool :)

I did go ahead and get the AC Infinity T8 and XL filter. So lights, tent, and ventilation done (save the oscillating fan)

Still will have to get the oscillating fan(s), the humidifier, and the pots (whatever type), but I've got a start!

Look for a commercial oscillating fan. Built better. I don’t have one, yet. Only had one plant going the last few months. Using a 10” square fan. Aimed it at an opposite wall from the plant. Took some of the oomph away since the low setting was still too strong to be used directly on plant.

Back
Top Bottom