First time DWC

MedFarmer

I am 30 days into my first dwc and would like some assurances or advice about what I am doing.

I will load some pics as soon as I can.

I have 4 white russians in 20 litre(4 gal) black buckets with a 30 litres(6 gal) a minute/1800 litres(360 gal) an hour air pump pumping into a 150mm(6") air stone in each bucket.

The buckets are in a 1.2x1.2x2.0 (4'x4'x6'6") growtent.

Arriving tomorrow is a 125mm(5") extractor fan to remove the stale air.

The light is an LED giving 675 watts of light but consuming 380 watts. It uses 225 x 3 watt diodes with a 90 degree lens.

The nutes are vitalink Max supplemented by silicon, cal-mag, rhizotonic, cannazym and super thrive. My current EC is @ 1.1 with pH @ 5.8.

I think that covers everything and will get pics up as soon as I can.

i suggest you bring that water temp down to mitigate the potential for root rot issues..

Thanks for that. I was thinking it may be too high.

My fan came this morning so it will bring temps down in the tent and I'm hoping this will help.

Do you know what temperature would be good?

Thanks MikeTbob.

I got my fan fitted this morning so hopefully it should cool down a bit. Here's hoping.

If you need to get temps down.....you can freeze a plastic soda bottle filled 3/4 full of water so it doesn't burst and put that in your bucket for awhile but I would suggest that you take the plants out of the water when you do this. I think the ice will cause root damage if they are left dangling over the ice bottle. 2 liter will fit but I have found the 1 liter bottles work best. I keep several in the freezer at once since I am running 3 buckets and it gets super hot around these parts.

PS: Peel the labels off the bottles and wash the bottles real good.

:thumb:
Looking Good!

Just keep your airstones going 24/7 and try to keep your water temps as close to 18-19 degrees as possible. Realistically, under 21 degrees should keep them healthy.

I do keep the air pumping 24/7, it's normally 20 degrees in the buckets but we are having a lot of sun at present and believe me it won't last long so hoping the fan and cooler weather will prevent any problems.

I do keep the air pumping 24/7, it's normally 20 degrees in the buckets but we are having a lot of sun at present and believe me it won't last long so hoping the fan and cooler weather will prevent any problems.

Sounds great Med! Speaking from experience; DWC is a great way to grow, but you've gotta keep your roots healthy. You roots looks really nice and the best way to keep them that way will be to keep your buckets well oxygenated and your water temps down. I had a ballast trip my main breaker one time and it killed power to my air pump for a few hours. My plants were never the same...

Keep it growing! You're looking good!
:Namaste:
-Monkey

Back
Top Bottom