First Time Grow Madman OG - Mean Martian Green Grow Journal 2011

jbrosen

Hi everyone, this is my first time growing so your help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Me and my dad built a neat little grow box for two clones just so I can start small and work my way up. I just bought the clones today so it is day 1 of my growing!

Medium - FoxFarm Ocean Forrest Organic Potting Soil
Light - 125W Fluorescent
Nutrients - Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Grow/Pro Bloom
Strains - Madman OG, Mean Martian Green
# of plants - 2

DSC_00288.jpg

DSC_002710.jpg

DSC_002611.jpg

DSC_002316.jpg

DSC_002214.jpg

Re: First time grow Madman OG/Mean Martian Green Grow Journal 2011

Hey JB...Welcome! I've just started my first grow in a diy cabinet, too, so I'll be watching this one. You'll find people here on 420 are extremely knowlegable and more than willing to help, so feel free to post any questions you have. Best wishes for a nice harvest! :popcorn:

Hey JB...Welcome! I've just started my first grow in a diy cabinet, too, so I'll be watching this one. You'll find people here on 420 are extremely knowlegable and more than willing to help, so feel free to post any questions you have. Best wishes for a nice harvest! :popcorn:

Thanks Mr. Kip! I took a look at your post and i really like your setup. I might have to do something like that for my next grow box!

Welcome to :420:

I'll be following your grow. One suggestion: I would raise those girls up closer to the light. Between 2 and 5 inches away would be perfect. What is your temp and RH? What color temperature is your light? What kind of light schedule do you have your girls under?

Welcome to :420:

I'll be following your grow. One suggestion: I would raise those girls up closer to the light. Between 2 and 5 inches away would be perfect. What is your temp and RH? What color temperature is your light? What kind of light schedule do you have your girls under?

Thanks for the tip! I'll move them closer right away. I have them on the 18/6 light cycle right now. I still have to get a thermometer so I dont know the temperature at the moment but I'll let you know as soon as I know.

Just a heads-up. If you keep them really close to the light (which you should), you also have to really monitor the temp so that you don't fry them.

Alright thanks. My dad is watching them for a couple days while I'm out of town so I'll tell him to pick up a thermometer.

Alright so it has been around a week since I started the grow and my Martian Mean Green is doing great! Unfortunately the Madman OG wasn't doing too well, so I swapped it out for a Purple Kush. The Purple Kush is a little droopy, but hopefully in a couple days it will start looking better. I raised the plants closer to the light and as you guys said it made a huge difference. Here are some new pics I just took.

DSC_00318.jpg

DSC_003010.jpg

DSC_00299.jpg

Re: First Time Grow Madman OG/Mean Martian Green Grow Journal 2011

Heres some updated pics. Plants are getting too big for the box unfortunately so we're in the process of getting a much bigger box to turn into a grow box. We also switched over to the flowering cycle about a week ago.
DSC_00463.jpg

DSC_00477.jpg

DSC_004810.jpg

DSC_00497.jpg

DSC_00504.jpg

DSC_00516.jpg

DSC_00527.jpg

DSC_00549.jpg

DSC_00558.jpg

DSC_00569.jpg

Re: First Time Grow Madman OG/Mean Martian Green Grow Journal 2011

Heres some new pics I just took. We've moved the Martian Mean Green and the Purple Kush outside when it's nice and sunny. We're doing a little bit of low stress training with the Mean Green and I also just bought a new Blackberry Kush clone and here's pictures of that little guy too.

DSC_00465.jpg

DSC_00479.jpg

DSC_004812.jpg

DSC_00499.jpg

DSC_00517.jpg

DSC_00528.jpg

DSC_00536.jpg

DSC_005411.jpg

DSC_005510.jpg

DSC_005611.jpg

DSC_005710.jpg

DSC_005810.jpg

DSC_00597.jpg

DSC_00608.jpg

DSC_00618.jpg

DSC_00626.jpg

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom