First time grower... any advice much needed

Berry21

hey people!!! alright well heres the thing... im a first time grower and for my first time i choosed to go the the Feminized Lowryder II :smokin:

they've been growin for 23 days now... but i have a problem with the leaves. im pretty sure that i have a big problem on my hands with nutrient burn. but im NOT sure if thats it. And i might have been over watering them a bit too, since the leaves are beginning to droop a bit.

i was wondering... lets say i DO have nutrient burn... instead of flushing out the soil could i just transfer the plants into 'fresh' soil??! or do i not have a choice but to flush them?

i posted some pics below for all those that are curious lol ;D

the 2nd picture looks even worse now... :*(

and if u look at the last pic... u can see that the tips of the leaves are starting to burn aswell... :(

please... i def need help... i just wanna have nice, beautiful, healthy plants too :ganjamon:

Re: first time grower... any advice much needed :D

Hi Berry21,

You probably need to be over in the soil section with the question. I'm somewhat of a newbie to indoor growing as well but I can share what I know.

The 1st and 3rd seedlings look OK. Just a touch of burn on the tips is OK but don't let it spread.

What kind of soil is that? I noticed it doesn't have any perlite mixed in, so you're gonna have poor drainage. You need at least 30% perlite in the mixture. MJ likes plenty of of drainage and aeration in the roots. When watering, use a wet/dry schedule. Let 'em dry out pretty well before watering again. At the point you're at now, you can always flush and go with the proper soil mixture. They really don't need much in the way of nutes when they are that small anyway.

I also see a big fat adult fungus gnat on the 2nd one. Watch out for those, especially when you are growing seedlings. Their larvae like to eat the roots and the adults will suck on the leaves. If you have lot's of them, get some yellow hanging fly traps for adults and possibly some Diatomaceous earth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. You can also use pool dunks (BTI) as an organic treatment to your soil to kill the larvae. I have to battle them constantly.

That's about all I know. Maybe some more experienced growers can chime in with better suggestions.

Good luck!!

Harry

Yes... Over watering is apparent. It looks like they're sitting in mud... No offense. From what I can see, it appears that you are desperately trying to have healthy plants. Which is totally understandable, but there's a point where you have to draw the line. Too much of any good thing never turns out well.

I would suggest you take a look at this thread which should be helpful to you - https://www.420magazine.com/communi...is-plant-pest-problem-solver-pictorial.72835/

Yes, the second plant is burned, and a bit overwatered. The others look healthy, but just keep the soil moist, not wet. They will need no nutes for about 2 weeks,.

Love them good, but not too hard. Too much of a good thing causes rugburns and roadrash ;-)

I agree, second plant looks burned but will recover with time.

In addition, your soil looks very "muddy". This is probably due to both overwatering and not enough drainage in the soil. This makes it hard for excess water to drain and even harder for the roots to expand properly. I suggest adding some perlite (about 20%) to your soil mix. :peace:

Sounds like everyone has got you covered. Dont feed them nothing untill they are atleast 2 weeks old. Perlite will deffinately help your soil drain. And dont water so much man...not good.

well thanks for all the help guys! im pretty sure i know what to do from here now...

1000x thanks,
Berry :ganjamon:

DE huh?
IS that the same DE I use in my pool filter?
If it is the same DONT BREATH THE DUST... there is a phat warning about silica dust on the bags I use for my pool filter...

Back
Top Bottom