First Time Grower Looking for Feedback/Answers

NicoleL88

420 Member
Hi everyone,

As it says in the title, I'm a first time grower and would like some feedback about the current condition of my plants as well as the questions listed below. I've included pics at the bottom.

Strain: Indica/Sativa Critical AK AutoFem
# of Plants: 3
Grow Type: Hydro
Stage: Vegetative (I think)
Light: 125W CFL with reflector and mylar on walls
Nutrients: Canna Coco A&B (1/4 strength given at weeks 4-5 and 1/2 strength given since)
Medium: Coco Mix with Perlite
Room Temp: 20-25 Celcius
Solution Temp: Don't know what this is in reference to
Room Square Footage: Maybe 1? It's in the hot press!
Pests: None known

They were planted on Feb 21st after germinating for 3 days. Had a bit of trouble with them around two weeks in as I stupidly forgot to put in a drainage system.... I made a fairly primitive one which seems to be doing ok.

Saved them and now they're almost in their sixth week. Just have a few questions:

1. These were supposed to start flowering after 25 days... are the white tendrils coming from the middle (hard to see in the first picture, but you can if you look closely!) the beginning of this stage?
2. If so, should I change the light schedule to 12/12 or since they are auto-flowering, does it matter?
3. How much taller should I expect the plants to get? I'm a bit stuck for space as you can see...
4. When exactly should I should giving nutrients?
5. Is there anything crucial I need to know for the harvesting stage?

Thanks for reading! Looking forward to hearing your responses.

Nicole1.jpg

Nicole2.jpg

Nicole3.jpg

Hey Nicole, I am at the beginning of my first auto grow although i have been continuosly growing for over 30 years.
Here is what I can tell you. the goal with autos to start should bre root growth. You don't want to transplant them because you don't have time for any shock which may happen. Basically plant them right into the container that they are going to stay in. I would suggest 3- 5 gallon if you have the space. from germination till flowering I am running an 18/24 cycle. You definitely have pistil formation so they are beginning. That means that the roots may have already begun to reach the limits of your containers. The goal basically is to push them early to maximize vegetative growth which will increase your yield. I am going to pinch mine again in an effort to increase my yield. This may increase the time it takes but it should be worth it.

If you have time I have included some of this in my blog .I have a link at the bottom of this post. Best of luck

Thanks for that UTH but as you should be able to see from the pics that my grow space is limited. The plants are kept in small pots so that they won't get too tall.Thanks for the other info!

Also I just noticed thst the roots are protruding from the bottom of the pots, but I'm a bit confused by all the info in that thread. Should I move them to a bigger pot or since the grow is hydroponic should I leave them alone?

Hey Nicole you should not transplant. They do not like it. Your daylengths were too short for optimal yield. Your estimate of your growing space I think may be incorrect. Are you really growing in a space 12 inches long by 12 inches wide. Your roots showing proves my point abut the plant automatically starting to flower when the roots hit the constraints of the container. Roots out the bottom. Pistils showing up top!

Thanks UTH! Wow, I'm awful with judging size! Roughly measured the grow area there, it's about 30 inches wide and 40 high!

Do you think they'll yield much?

The yield really depends on how good you can grow the auto for seed to finish with out any stress is key with autos. There is a web site that will give you info on most strains out there if you would like I can message you link.

Back
Top Bottom