First time grower looking for help with when to harvest 2 plants

Yes I do have a hand held scope.
I was thinking of using the molases in my flush. I read to flush with nutes & extra water, then I have also read to flush using only molases.?
Thank you all for the responses.
Girls were fed today using FF feed chart for week 6.
Please keep the advice coming!

Again I ask for any help from those with experience. The virus has led to even more rough times & some decent medicine from these 2 plants, especially now would be a tremendous help.
I am new at this. I have invested some money to get this project going originally for some relief of dispensary prices, but now it has become the only option.
Thanks & I wish everyone a happy 420 weekend!

Again I ask for any help from those with experience. The virus has led to even more rough times & some decent medicine from these 2 plants, especially now would be a tremendous help.
I am new at this. I have invested some money to get this project going originally for some relief of dispensary prices, but now it has become the only option.
Thanks & I wish everyone a happy 420 weekend!

Hey,

You don't need to worry bro, you've made it this far! Just keep following the script and make sure you check your plants everyday.

Just patience from here in out!

If you notice the feeding chart for weeks 7 and 8, there is no mention of water only. Is this because the nutrient company just feels you should use their product till the end and that there is actually a need to starve the plants at the end, or whether this whole thing is up in the air.
Everyone has their own opinions, and if they are like mine, they change over time and upon gaining more experience.

I believe in doing a 3x the container sized flush of the soil going into week 6 just to reset and clear all the salts out of the soil. Then I believe in strictly following the feeding chart (all of the products) right up till the end and am not confused about this recent perversion of the word "flush" to mean starving the plant with just water at the end. When I finally see amber trichomes at the top, I believe it is then time to allow the plant to clear all the nutes and water out of the soil before harvest and I will not feed or water again. This is slightly different than I did it last time, and I may modify it again the time after that. There just really isn't one set right way to do this... and whatever you decide to do is going to work. Maybe next time you will try something slightly different, like I do, to see if it works any better.

Thank you!
I will definitely follow that advice. Does seem odd to completely starve the plants, especially when they need it at such an important time.
I am into week 6 and will do the flush (the way Emilya recommends) today or tomorrow . Sucks I have to see how much water I can get from the local stores before I can actually begin.
What would you do with the molases at this point? Does it have a true benefit at this point?
Do you ph the water coming out of your medium during the flush?
I truly mean it when I say Thank you!

Thank you!
I will definitely follow that advice. Does seem odd to completely starve the plants, especially when they need it at such an important time.
I am into week 6 and will do the flush (the way Emilya recommends) today or tomorrow . Sucks I have to see how much water I can get from the local stores before I can actually begin.
What would you do with the molases at this point? Does it have a true benefit at this point?
Do you ph the water coming out of your medium during the flush?
I truly mean it when I say Thank you!
When you get back to feeding after this flush, add your molasses into the mix before you pH adjust. If you are following the directions and giving Big Bloom, that product contains a good amount of microlife, and the molasses will help to feed the critters and keep them going strong in your soil. Some say it sweetens up the buds too, but I am skeptical that this actually happens. Molasses does have a lot of micro nutrients in it, and I am sure it is good for the plants.
Flushing is simply to cleanse the soil, and the only reason we pH our fluids is so that our nutes can be within a range where their salt bonds break free and the nutrient becomes available to the plant, but since we are flushing all of that out of there temporarily, there is no need to pH adjust the water. You could even get by with using tap water for all but the last of it, and the task will be accomplished and you can end up with good clean water in the soil. There is no need to check the pH of the runoff... once the debris has been flushed out the out will equal the in.

The FF feeding schedule says to stop giving Grow Big after the week 6 "flush"
Would you agree with the feed chart or do you go off the back of bottle for all or just some of the FF trio?

The FF feeding schedule says to stop giving Grow Big after the week 6 "flush"
Would you agree with the feed chart or do you go off the back of bottle for all or just some of the FF trio?

Trust the feeding schedule implicitly. Grow Big is mostly Nitrogen and in years past was only in the feeding chart during veg. They have adjusted the schedule a bit over the years, but yes, they know that for sure, after week 6 the plants don't need what is in there, but do need the other two. Never ever go by the simplistic instructions on the back of the bottle.

Well I was not able to double the amount of water that I flushed with, but I ran 3 gallons threw each (both sit in 3 gallon fabric)
The colas got super heavy with water. I thought I was gonna lose 1 or 2 but all good.
I have another gallon each waiting for the medium to dry and I will add molases to both. I run 8" floor fans per pot so shouldn't be too long.
I was curious about the ph of my runoff Towards the end. Perfectly neutral.
Thanks for the advice.

So today the kush looks good.
The White Widow though after the flush yesterday the colas got much heavier.
I am trying to support what I can but think I may lose a small pine cone or 2.
Leaves are a bit droopy.
From all that water yesterday?
Anyone think I need to do something I am leaving out?
HAPPY 420!!!!

Attachments

• 20200420_111204.jpg
    20200420_111204.jpg
    636 KB · Views: 37
  • 20200420_111139.jpg
    20200420_111139.jpg
    986.4 KB · Views: 46
Well I was not able to double the amount of water that I flushed with, but I ran 3 gallons threw each (both sit in 3 gallon fabric)
The colas got super heavy with water. I thought I was gonna lose 1 or 2 but all good.
I have another gallon each waiting for the medium to dry and I will add molases to both. I run 8" floor fans per pot so shouldn't be too long.
I was curious about the ph of my runoff Towards the end. Perfectly neutral.
Thanks for the advice.
why would it be anything other than neutral after washing all the debris out of the soil?

Your colas did not get super heavy with water... its not like the water just runs right up into the buds. Your buds got heavy because they are generating plenty of oils and resins and this makes them heavy. So, stopping your flush thinking that you were giving your plants too much water was a mistake... and you didn't actually get a full cleansing flush in, except that with your measurement of clear water coming out at the end, I am going to assume you got most of it.
Lastly... your medium doesn't "dry" due to fan action or anything other than the plants using all that water. The plants will dry out and need water just like they would with any other watering and in the same time period, since the soil can't magically hold more water this time than it ever has before.... what the soil couldn't hold came out as runoff, just like any other time and your flush did absolutely no harm.

The water was crystal clear after the 3rd gallon. Hopefully I got most of it.
Pretty amazing how those buds swell up like that.
I run the floor fans to keep air moving over my soil mostly as a pest deterrent.
I do feel like the soil dries a bit faster with the fans, again that isn't their purpose though.
I will let them be and wait for feed time.
Thanks Emilya

Can you please take a look and tell me if I am close to harvest or need to relax.
Thanks

Attachments

• 20200422_121707.jpg
    20200422_121707.jpg
    889.1 KB · Views: 43
  • 20200422_121701.jpg
    20200422_121701.jpg
    870.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 20200422_121656.jpg
    20200422_121656.jpg
    833.9 KB · Views: 43
I have a hand held which goes to my phone. My hands must shake to much hard to get a good shot.
I will get try.
Let me know.

Attachments

• 20200422_165902.png
    20200422_165902.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 44
  • 2020-04-22-165326.jpg
    2020-04-22-165326.jpg
    529.9 KB · Views: 49
I had to take small piece to get clear shot

Attachments

• 2020-04-23-100331.jpg