First time grower needs help!

goodshit420

Ok i got these seeds from a really good bag so i planted both of them and they both sprouted but one eventually died but the other one grew nicely. I have it under 7 100w cfls and 1 150w cfl. I have it in my closet which is surrounded by mylar. I have a small fan circulating air. I have always kept the lights 3-4 inches from the plant. It is now on the 12/12 cycle has been for almost 2 weeks. Now my question is what kind of flowering nutes should i be using to flower, often do i water and feed,how should i feed. I have been using this stuff called Schultz African Violet plus 8-14-9. Any guess about what sex it is.

Re: First time grower needs help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks good Man! That African Violet stuff should be fine for your first one.
Try to get a CLEAR pic of the area where the fan leaves meet the main stem so we can see the sex.
Later on for your next grow you can try some different nutes, lights etc.
But good first one for sure.

Re: First time grower needs help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the input bee2. I will take sum of those pics later on today when lights come on..

At two weeks of flowering you should be able to tell the plants sex relatively easily. Look at the top, if you see white hairs, it's female. If you just see more green little balls forming, and no white hairs anywhere to be found, then it is male.

Also, CFL are fine for veg growth, but they will produce thin whispy buds if you flower using them. It doesn't really matter how many you use either, it's just not the proper spectrum of light for flowering. Perhaps you could switch to a small HPS system for flowering? There is still time to make this change.

Back
Top Bottom