First time grower needing help!

rpainter09

Hey, im a first time grower and i have a question about, feeding the plants.
What kind of fertilizer or mirical grow should i use, does any kind work or what? If anyone can help plz leave a commet and tell me.:allgood:

If you'd do just a few minutes of reading just about anywhere in the grow section of this forum you'll learn that folks tend to shy away from mirical grow products, why they do so, and what they prefer to use instead.

I have 2 plants growin in miracle grow, they are doin fine but all my new plants are usin fox farms ocean forest mixed with some fox farm light warrior( a far beter mixture than miracle grow) If you have a choice go with somethin better than miracle grow, otherwise work with what u can get you know.:Rasta:

Not just "bad green". I used MG soil w/my first grow, and didn't flush, and my plants had a very strong urea taste. ie...Cat piss!

Right, 2-3 weeks prior to harvest w/enough pH balanced water to fill the pot/bucket your plant is in 2-3 times. ie... if you have a 3 gallon pot, flush w/6-9 gallons of watter. Flush untill the watter comes out pretty clear and clean smelling. At first it will be yellowish and smell like urine or amonia.

One note about flushing...The type of growing medium will determine the length necessary for a proper flush. Generally organic setups using soil, pro mix e.g. will not require prolonged flushing. Hydro set ups utilizing chemical fertilizers must be flushed more extensively to avoid build up.

Do you do that flushing just once 2-3 weeks before harvesting? And all that water won't negatively affect the plant? I have also heard of people mixing brown sugar or cinnamon with the water to give a sweet taste. Will that help or even work? thanks for the response

Forget the brown sugar and cinnamon. If using hydro set up and chemical fertilizers, flush for at least 2 weeks. You can overwater while attempting to flush, so slowly flush over 2-3 weeks if possible. No negative effects will occur from the water. Just don't over do it. If you desire tasty bud, start with quality genetics. Strains like Blueberry, Bubblegum and Strawberry Cough can be acquired relatively cheaply and safely.

After the flush use plain water only until harvest.
Some growers add sweetners not to make the plant taste sweeter, but to feed the mychorrizae, micro-organisms that live in organic soil. The mychorrizae aid the plant in nutrient uptake.
You don't need much. I add 1 tblsp. unsweetened pineapple juice per gal/water after the flush.
I've never heard of anyone adding cinnamon to the water.

Back
Top Bottom