First time growing - Little help appreciated!

Foxtrot2112

Hi Guys, new here and to the world of indoor growing.

Have a small structure inside a closet.
2 x Amnesia Autoflowering
3 x 32 CFL 6.500K
Sprout: 6/1/2015
Lights: 24/0 about 2 inches from tops of plants.
Small computer fan.
Have only fed them once with foliar low dose NPK.
Watered once with 1/2 rooting optimizer.
Watering every 2 to 3 days.
If days are sunny I take them out for a couple of hours sun bath, it's auttum here.

20150615_131955.jpg

20150615_132047.jpg

15 days from sprouting and I think the plants are too small, made the mistake of planting the seed in less then optimal soil. I have now bought good soil, perlite and worm castings, should I transplant ?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Hey Fox stop using nutes for a while, proper ph'd water is enough right now until they get better. What medium are you using? Also I don't think 96w cfls is enough, especially when they get bigger. I believe the 6,500k's are good for veg but you'll need the other one's for flower so look into this. Good luck

Hi SIMJ, thanks for stopping by.
Should I stop even the rooting enhancer ?, I only used it once every 3 waterings.

As a medium I'm using 3 parts HomeDepot soil plus perlite and worm castings.
I just transplanted the crippled one into that mix as I made the stupid mistake of sprouting them in a water retaining soil with polymers...which I guess has prevented the roots of receiving the correct amount of oxygen.

Will buy more CFL's once they start growing.

By the way, I don't have a pH meter, how can I lower the pH with cheap products ?

Hi SIMJ, thanks for stopping by.
Should I stop even the rooting enhancer ?, I only used it once every 3 waterings.

As a medium I'm using 3 parts HomeDepot soil plus perlite and worm castings.
I just transplanted the crippled one into that mix as I made the stupid mistake of sprouting them in a water retaining soil with polymers...which I guess has prevented the roots of receiving the correct amount of oxygen.

Will buy more CFL's once they start growing.

By the way, I don't have a pH meter, how can I lower the pH with cheap products ?

lemon juice works well for organics as a pH down, but if you don't have a meter, then don't try to adjust the pH as you could be doing more harm than good.

I'm getting a little worried, my plants are much smaller than this guys setup which is pretty much like my own lightwise except he has the CFL's much futher away from the plants: Scarfinger68's - Soil - CFL - Aurora Indica Journal - 2013

Opinions ?

Just bouth a gallon of ultra purified water, will start watering with that.

Hey fox, scarfinger's grow are not auto's like yours so he was able to veg much longer & get bigger plants. Auto's like yours will stay small because they start to flower quickly. IMHO you should get yourself a ph meter & ph down liquid as they are not expensive at all & are pretty much required if you wanna grow good bud. Bad ph leads to all sorts of problems, not worth the hassle. If you can, add more cfl's as this will only help...

Hey buddy, if you want your thread moved, you have to click on REPORT and then ask them to move it in the attached comments. There ya go! happy growing. subbed

Looks like you might have an over abundance of nitrogen, this can be caused from low Ph. Also those light can be like 2" from the plants, I veg under 250-300 w of a cfl/t5 combination. Even when they grow into them they rarely burn.

Thanks SoIMJ, Vlady and Grimm,

Let my start by saying I got laid off two months ago and I have yet to find a job, so my first indoor experience is also on a budget.
I took off all the tin foil as the closet walls are natural white, opinions ?
Also made a simple socket/CFL holder and the two girls are getting 128W of 6.500K light. The app on my phone shows around 22.000 lumen when placed next to the plants.

Here's a crappy pic, will post more tomorrow.
I didn't buy a pH meter today but bought a gallon of ultra purified water which should be pH stable.

IMG-20150616-WA0017_resized.jpg

So i guess no nutes for a while ?

Thanks !

Help needed to identify what could be happening.

20150618_135259_resized.jpg

20150618_135240_resized.jpg

Hey foxtrot looks like nute burn or some ph issue...remember to go really easy on the nutes or even better still none at all for a while until they're bigger. Also the ph is very important, if your off then the plant won't be able to take in what it needs which leads to all sorts of probs. I like your setup by the way!
:woohoo:

Hi foxtrot, i run a cfl setup using mostly 23w and a couple 32w. I like mine at 3-4 inches, I also put a couple cfl's as uplighting too. Check out my journal and maybe get some ideas. None of mine are autos but, different strains. As for your plants, a ph meter is important if your soil doesn't have any ph balancing material in it, like limestone or gypsum. I would also recommend getting a moisture meter. What is in the "3 part home depot soil"? Another thing is good drainage and keeping oxygen in the root zone. I put verticle slices in my pots if they are plastic and poke/drill holes in the vinyl ones. Do you have a fan to remove the heat?

The plants with green cotyldons don't need feeding to grow, just water :🤦:
also those will need transplanting in 2 weeks to a much bigger pot, say 5 gallon.

Vladimir Putin

Hi Cruizer and grimm,

Thanks for your input.

Do you mean drilling holes to the sides of the round pots to enable more oxygen intake ?

Cruizer,

I do have a fan blowing, I think I will increase speed.
Can you elaborate a bit on the holes drilled to your pots, how many ?

Back
Top Bottom