First time growing, need alittle help!

Tyde

Hello new to both growing and the fourms but lurked alot.

I had just a few questions on my small personal growing set up. I was planning on putting it in my over sized master bed room closet(its huge like 8'x12') a GGT grow tent that is 2′ X 2.5′ X 6'7″ ,1000w hps lamp, 6" inline exaust with carbon filter venting into attic, growing 2-4 plants in 3 gallon fabric pots.

there is an a/c vent on the ceiling in my closet, can i get away with using passive air intake or what would i need?

could i vent into my attic and not have any issues on a grow like this?

can i use a 1000w hps lamp or would it get too hot?

could i grow different strains in this small of a set up? one plant per strain

any other tips you might have would be great too!

That's a lot of light for a relatively small space. Where is your thermostat? Just because you have A/C into the room doesn't mean the A/C will keep up. Venting into the attic should help pull air from the rest of the conditioned space. Why not a 400 or 600 watt light for that space? That's also a lot of plants in a small space. I have 3 in a 4ft x 2ft and it's almost too many. You'd need to run autos or a short veg period.

there is an a/c vent on the ceiling in my closet, can i get away with using passive air intake or what would i need?
as long as you have a source of fresh air coming in, you should be okay.

could i vent into my attic and not have any issues on a grow like this?
yes, i would love to vent into an attic but i live in an apartment, so good scenario for you.

can i use a 1000w hps lamp or would it get too hot?
1000w will be wayyyyy to hot for that size tent, i have a similar setup as you and doing well on a 400w

could i grow different strains in this small of a set up? one plant per strain
yes its okay to grow different strains, just note that you will be cutting some plants down earlier than others because of the genetics

any other tips you might have would be great too!
overall, your setup sounds solid. seems like you did your research.
your going to have to find a soil mix to use, nutrient lineup, look into when you're going to be turning your lights on.
i would suggest doing 2 plants at first to see how well your setup plays, my 2.5x2.5x5 feet tent is full with just 2 plants.

IMG_46653.jpg

good luck :)

High Tyde, (no pun intended)

Not sure what part of the planet you're on but on my part the attics freeze in the winter and in the spring when it thaws it rains in the house. Not in my house but out in the garage where I used to vent into the attic and by spring it was a winter wonderland up there. Blowing warm, humid air into a freezing attic was not a good idea. :)

If you could just use the closet and skip the tent you could use that big light but like Tabor said a 400 or 600 would be lots. A 400 will do a 3x3 space just fine.

Could always use the tent for vegging with T-5s or CFLs.

L8r

Go with a 400 watt HID or 600 max. A 6" inline exhaust fan will create a negative pressure in the room causeing passive air intake to work extra well so yes passive will work. Perfect that you have ac vent in closet, this will help keep temps down when your light is on, and can also help you run colder temps at night to get beautiful colorful buds. Purple likes to form in cold temps.

Back
Top Bottom