First Time Hydro

Wow nice setup.. I'd love to take a few cuttings of this sour blueberry but don't have the space or light to keep them.. I think I will let this blueberry grow abit more then fim and scrog it in the dr60 under a 250w hps and I'm considering getting a dr90 then I can upgrade to a 400 + have a flower room with abit more height and use the 60 for veg..

I have picked up a few nice seeds for the next grow
1x fem blue chemdawg
1x fem caboose
1x reg blue ox <~ going to get more.. Hopefully 1 will be fem
And I got freebies..
1x fem rq critical
2x reg skunk haze
I am defo going to need more space soon!!

Hi all it that time of the week again :)

Fresh res change
Ph 5.5
2 ml H202
20 ml sensi part A
20 ml sensi part b
Ppm 510
Water temp 68f
image12804.jpg
image12805.jpg
image12806.jpg

Roots had a soak again in h202 for an hr..

Roots before
image12807.jpg

Roots after
image12808.jpg

Let me know what you think :)

nice , doing a dwc as well and im using a compost tea to keep roots healthy vs fighting water temps but it looks good man good luck

Thanks Kola320 ;) they are looking alot better and I'll probably keep up the h202 soak every res change.

Cheers guttamane2486, I'll defo look into the compost tea as it would be good for future grows.. How high are your res temps?? I've been lucky at the moment as there is no real heat from the t5's but I'm sure when it gets to flowering the hps will raise them up abit.

I attempted to FIM her but topped instead grrr that's twice I've made that mistake but maybe on my 3rd attempt I'll get it right!

image12913.jpg

Looking a lot better bro, makes a big difference doesn't it. When you go to your HPS just start adding 5 mm per gallon to your buckets or rez and it will help with higher temps. But that's like every 3 or 4 days and your plants love the extra oxygen. I can't seem to get the fim right either I always miss LOL good luck give a shout if you need some more help :goodjob:

Hi all :)

It has been a few weeks since I last posted and due to funds being tight I had to veg for longer than I thought but hope it will reward me in the long run.. My lady has been under mh for 2 weeks and has bushed out a lot and now I'm kinda worried that once I switch to hps next week it will out grow my tent ..... Oops! But we will have to see.. :)

image13753.jpg
image13752.jpg

image13754.jpg
image13755.jpg

I will have root pics in a few days :)

Quick update :- Day 1 of 12/12 :cheer: I thought this day would never arrive :)

Ph 5.5
Ppm 590
Sensi bloom part a & b 25ml each.
H202 4 ml
image13835.jpg
image13836.jpg

Srry for sideways pics

Thanks Kola320, I swear by the stuff now and will keep using it till the end :high-five:

I have a question if I may.. As she is so big it's drinking a hell of a lot of water/nutes.. More than normal like every 4-5 days it gets low instead of every 7 days so do I just top up with enough nute/water to make it till the 7th day or just do a full res change once it gets low if that makes sense lol. Cheers :)

I don't know if I should mix old nutes with a fresh batch.

What I do bro is I alternate I have ph water sitting in 5 gallon jugs on the side if I changed and added nutes like on Friday and come Monday or Tues the water is low I just add PH water I use to add nutes when water got low but I would run into burning my plants or too much salt build up. But if your not getting a salt build up and your rez is clean I will stretch my rez clean out to 2 weeks and rotate with PH water then nutes on the next one. It's like diluting your nutes down so you don't burn your plants. You have to remember you still have nutes in your water so adding more sometimes can backfire on you I've come to the conclusion that when it comes to my girls less is more. Your girls are looking super healthy nice looking plants you should be proud hope they produce well for you. :goodjob:

Thanks for the kind words :) hopefully this time I'm going to have patience with her and not chop early ( bad traits from previous attempts but it's a learning process!)

I will try that idea of just topping up with water in a few days and see how it goes till the next res change.. The only reason I ask is because I'm using the ph perfect nutes and didn't know if it would mess it up.. I'm abit lazy and the whole checking nutes every few days and correcting didn't appeal to me but might try new nutes on the next run.. I have a friend who is using the gh line with a 600w so it will be interesting to see how that turns out... The only thing I'm lacking is a bigger light and a bigger tent for space, as a 250w doesn't give much penetration so yeild a will be small.. But hope for the best as they say.

Hi all,
I have humidity levels of 90% when lights are off for a few hrs, how do I lower them.. I just put a heater in the tent to try lower them and left fans on but open to suggestions.. Thanks :)

Worst case I'd have to buy a dehumidifier and see if that helps..

Had to do fresh res change water was less than 1 inch above submersible pump :/
Also checked ppm & ph of old nutes and they were.. Ppm 164 Ph 5.5.

Fresh res.
30ml a&b
Ppm 649
Ph 5.6
4ml h202
Nice roots!
image13945.jpg

Will have more pics later

Dam buddy nice looking roots nice and crisp white very healthy looking. As far as your humidity goes a couple hours you say ? Make sure you have GOOD AIR FLOW around your plant and that the air is getting threw as well. Not really a big worry in veg but when you get into flower your gonna want to get more control over it you don't wanna be over 60% I like to be around 45% but try to drop it as I get later in flower. And yes I use a dehumidifier to accomplish this in winter for me it's easy no humidity so I rum my humidifier and in summer I use my AC and a dehumidifier. I thought your AC would pull some of the humidity out have you put it in yet ?

Cheers, yep a couple of hrs after lights go off it jumps to nearly 90 % I'm only running a few PC fans for intake and exhaust.. I have put a 2000w heater in there running @ 31degrees at the base and my thermometer is saying it's 24 degrees @ 64% humidity @ canopy level with fans on.. Something is wrong somewhere :scratchinghead: I will have to try pick up a dehumidifier somewhere this week.

I think that's it bro what the humidity outside your tent ? You need more intake bringing more air in and pulling the humidity out. AT 90 % your leaves must be condensing on each other meaning if you move a leave sitting on another one there's water on the bottom one ? The only thing that sucks about a dehumidifier is it raises the heat too.

Temps outside tent are 24 and 60 humidity.. I will try bring more fresh air into the tent and room .. I'll turn the fan up more..
Yes they are abit wet :(

Back
Top Bottom