First time making cannabutter

ilikebike

hello everyone, after reading multiple cannabutter recipies and debating on weather or not i want to chance making butter i finally decided to do it, I got my self

1lb of unsalted butter

14 grams of bud

2 grams of vaped weed and stems

1) so i boiled up my water, put the butter in it and mixed it up then brought it to the lowest heat setting.

2)i ground up all the bud and stems in a coffee grinder and poured the ground weed in the pot. I also scrapped the inside of the coffee grinder for there was tons of keif in there

3) Heat is on lowest setting, i am stirring occasionaly for 3-4 hours then i will strain the bud.

I just have one question, does the purity of your butter go up if you let it simmer for longer? any tips or pointers would be great this is my first time making butter and i am hoping for the best thanks!!!!!

ok well i got this recipie

Cannabis Rice Krispies Treats
Description:

A delicious, fun, adult version of a childhood favorite!

Ingredients:
1/4 cup cannabutter
1 10 ounce bag marshmallows
5 1/2 cups Rice Krispies
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Instructions:
1. Melt cannabutter and marshmallows on medium heat, stirring often. (Note: Be careful to not overheat this! If it's getting too hot, turn the heat down. Using a double boiler will help prevent this.)
2. Add Rice Krispies and mix with a buttered or sprayed spatula.
3. Pour into a 9x13 inch buttered or sprayed pan. Using a sprayed or buttered spatula, press them down so it forms an even layer.
4. When they have cooled down enough, enjoy!

Instead of using vanilla extract i used a little bit of syrup to add a tiny flavor, also i baked the pan of rice krispie treats before i let them cool down and serve them, i feel like that will just help them stay together better.

I am figuring that there is about 3.5 g worth off weed in the rice krispies i made so i will probly have to eat like half the tray right>?

Dude I like your idea of remelting the butter and making it extra potent. I have never used water when making butter... I use a crock pot with a pound of butter and my herb; the butter is melted, the white milk fat scrapped off to leave the golden butter, toss the herb in and let it simmer for 6 to 8 hours, I like to let it cool then heat it again, in the end I strain the herb out using a cheese cloth and am left with some killer cannabutter. And rice krispies are best case!

also i think i used like 5 cups of water, is that to much water?

Can you fuck up making cannabutter if you use too much water? some one told me it was better to have too much water than not enough thats why i used so much water.

IS MY CANNABUTTER OK?!?!!

No my brother see:CannaButter In 7 Easy Steps!

my wife clarifies the butter first of all by heating it to a simmer 3 times and scraping the whitish fat stuff that floats to the top. let it cool in between heating. the third time she pours in course ground bud trimmings/or buds. she lets this simmer 2 hrs. allow time to get it to a simmer. scrapes any small amounts of whitish fats that come to the surface. let it cool. you do this 3 times and on the 3rd time let it cool enough to touch and strain it all through a cheese cloth squeesing it throughly to get all the butter out. pour it into a measuring cup and cool in fridge or use immediately in a recipe. i've watched/been told get out of her kitchen enough to know this is a good way to make butter.

My butter has no effect. I am making it out of leaves and trimmings. I saw the video out here on how to make it. My question is this: when using trimmings, what is the best ratio of trimmings/stalks to butter? And do you measure by scale or by measuring cup??
Maybe if some kind soul answers this, I may be able to successfully make a good batch of butter!

Thanks all!

Just made Cannabutter with 2 1/2 lbs of butter and 5 ozs of primo dried and cured bud. Looking forward to using it today.

Hi Wingman!

How'd this turn out? The Sticky recipe on here calls for a ratio of 1 oz of bud per pound of butter, but I notice you've double that to 2 oz per pound. Do you increase the ratio so you can eat fewer cookies (heaven forbid FEWER cookies!), or do you do it to incease the effect with the same number of cookies?

Thanks

Hey there Bill C, thanks for asking brother. As for the Sticky it is not a formula set in stone but rather a barometer and starting point. Titration and efficacy rates for individual Patients may vary, an ounce of Marijuana to each pound of butter is a great start.
The Cannabutter I made was FANTASTIC!!:cheer:
I started using the Cannabis infused Butter two days after completing the process so I would know how much to use and eat. I awoke in pain to eat two pieces of cinnamon sugar canna toast that was so tasty I ate four more slices slathered with copious amounts of butter. I then proceeded to make brownies, cookies, eggs, cake, and anything where butter could be applied eating as I worked.
Efficacy and Titration:
Onset of the infused butter on toast and in various baked goods I consumed that day was not immediate but was long lasting and intense. I had no need to smoke and used very little prescribed painkillers or anticonvulsants that day, or the next. I continued to eat brownies for breakfast the following morning and needed a good deal of Canna infused food to maintain levels at which I could function best without being racked with pain.
This was a good indicator to me as what I need to consume for the THC to titrate into my system from a zero baseline for the day. I did discover that chronic care Patients like myself would tremendously benefit from this therapy. My findings also taught that it is best to maintain daily THC levels rather than then the wait until needed approach. If any Patient who was currently digesting Marijuana had breakthrough pain, spasm, lapse in hunger pangs, or other problem they could simply address their individual needs by ingesting more food infused with Marijuana.
Personally I love this approach, from a Public Health standpoint edibles are a no brainer. I am unequivocally endorsing edibles for all Patients who are suffering from any pulmonary stress over traditional smoking of Marijuana. This is such a subtle, discreet, and safe, method with the only drawback being the amount of Marijuana needed to make quality butter. I am not saying that others who make butter at other rates do not have success but I wanted my butter to pack a punch and be worth the trip. I will be making Cannabutter again and will be happy to assist other Patients and their Caregivers with any and all information I possess on the experience.
While there is nothing like smoking an icy bong of dank or puffing on a fatty of sinsemilla edibles can be consumed anywhere! In hospitals, libraries, or public meetings, at work, rest, or play, during any situation required without the drama of smoking laws, detrimental effects of smoke or negative connotations associated with smoke, and or Marijuana usage. I believe this therapy allows individuals a wonderful option to existing Marijuana therapy.
I have always been a staunch supporter of Cannabis Extracts and Edibles. Back in the late 70's to early 80's hashish was widely available and I loved munching blocks of Lebanese Blonde and Black Afghani hash dipped in brown gravy or au jus after a Sunday dinner of Roast Beast as much as smoking bowls of it or the stealth "hash under glass" method. Sorry I was rambling just a bit stoked and looking forward to making more brownies!!:yahoo:

Back
Top Bottom