First time poster, looking for opinions

Wookamus

Okay y'all, first off...Howdy! Secondly, here's the deal...

I recently harvested my second attempt from an out-door grow, this time 'round I kept the plants at about 14-16inches in height, as apposed to the 6 footers my first go. In the early stages everything seemed to be moving very smoothly, vegged well, flowers were amazing, aroma overpowering...then, I noticed they weren't looking so happy one morning, I couldn't for the life of me figure what had happened over night. My first thought was of over-watering, which I had an issue with before and worked out but not so much this time. I checked the ground soil up to 4 inches down for moisture, didn't seem to be the problem at all, so kept up with my normal watering. They had about 3 days of rejuvenation, I thought perhaps whatever the issue was, not an issue at all, just my mind playing games. Or that the aeration to the soil perked the ladies up. So anyhow, after those three days it was VERY noticeable that not only did the plant seem limp, but the smells had faded greatly. I did a little reading, my unprofessional diagnoses was root rot, so the next morning I checked the soil again(these plants were in a lowered flower bed btw) but I checked much further down, about a foot. Wouldn't you know it, thick mud and clay as wet as wet could be, the roots were majority brown and sickly. So I made the decision to pull em before they just out right died. They were hung for about a week before they made it to jars, flowers were obviously under grown and not very "full", but still held some decent stink. They were burped for 1 hour a day, for 11 days, I was then advised to quit the burping process as "They were no longer moist enough to mold". On the last burp, there was still the very overwhelming green smell, I again..was advised to simply check every so on days for smell and ensure they were in fact dry enough. Today, after only 4 days, I checked 1 jar, I can tell the smell of green has slightly changed, and the buds to seem to be dry enough to not cause any mold.

So, after all that unnecessary detail, I guess I'm just looking for some thoughts. Should I leave them be for a month, or does anyone have some other advice? I kinda assume that were will be loss of quality and potency just from the trauma to the plants and slightly early harvest. It was difficult for me to get a good look at the tri's, I'm not sure what the magnification was on the tool I used, but it surely wasn't 30x. I guestimate they were MAAAYBE 50% amber, mmmaaaybe.

Thanks in advance for any help

I'm in the Southwestern United States, Arizona. From what I've read no ideal were really met for these plants, as far as their height goes they pretty much did all the work there. These plants were all bunched fairly close to one another, in what I would call unacceptable soil, which I kinda felt kept them so stunted.

The severity of the root rot told me to harvest, I didn't think they would have survived much longer. I want to say they flowered for nearly 2 months

2 months outdoors that's half the time they needed at best. Hope ur not expecting primo bud. Depending upon genetics and how well u grew them up until u had an issue will all impact potency. My advice on the cure is to take out a little to smoke and finish a 4 week cure. By the end the buds should lighten up some after the chlorophyll has time to break down. It may taste "green" due to an early harvest. If u can gently squeeze a bud and it feels dry on the inside as well as the outside, u can stop burping . If the bud has a "crunchy on the outside, spongy in the inside" feel, keep burping the jars. I harvested 3 weeks early my first grow and 2 strains out of like 6-7 were strong enough for an ok buzz. Hope this answers ur question.

I had that feeling, poor things, never had a chance to grow up...And yes you've been of much help, so thank you kindly, bud ;).

Back
Top Bottom