First timer growing mazar-i-sharif

I may be wrong, but I'd take off the plastic covering because it could be diffusing the light and taking lumens from your babies.

Did you try to dab at that spot with some water? The picture looks like it has a hot spot on the leaf, I can't make it out real well.

Ya need the dome for clones to keep up the high humidity..

Okay, I'll take the cover off. I'm sure you're right. Any type of cover whether clear or not, must absorb some of the light.

After reading the plant abuse chart for about an hour and staring at my plants for about an hour.... lol... I decided the high pH of the soil was locking out nutrients from the plants.

Sooooooo.......

I tried to wipe the excess foliar feed from the leaves (thanks livelong!!). Then, after flushing the soil I gave it a solution with Earth Juice Natural Down to get the pH down. I think it will be a little bit before the nute lock goes away and I wanted to make sure the plant got it's food so I foliar fed with it's regular feeding solution.

I hope this works...... I also hope it is indeed nutrient lock and not nutrient burn showing on the leaves.

Any advice on what I did or did not do would be loved.
Thanks!

Thanks for the encouragement Ms. Fox! i'm definitely a little unsure about the green-ness of my thumb and the support is putting me at ease.

southernboy, i can't help you there i'm sorry. there are many expert growers who are more familiar with cloning than I. This is my first official grow and my plants have not come far enough along for me to start thinking about cloning. Once I reach that point, I will be asking questions like crazy.

four20, after considering your comment i think it's most likely what you said. i have an orchid too and those are sensitive to light and burns on one of it's leaf looks similar to the one on the MIS leaf. i will be more careful with the foliar feed.

livelong, i really hope so... i'd like to not have to worry about my plants for the next few days!!! parenthood is stressful!!!!!!!!!

Well, I just got bac from a lonnnnnng xmas and new years vacay. My dumbass didn't think I needed a sitter for the babies so after coming home last night I discovered my white widow baby mummified. I doubt it will come bac to the side of the living but I'm not giving up on it yet. Pisces are known to be delusional tho... :) The two MIS plants grew but are pissed at me... HELLA pissed at me. It's sunny in SoCal today so I put them outside for some all nat-ur-alll love. My bag lady did the best during my hiatus probably because it was in the biggest pot and had the most water in it's soil.

I'm actually surprised that 3 out of 4 are still willing to stic by me. If I were one of the plants I'd probably tell me to fucc off and off myself.. no bud from me for this asshole!!

I'll post pics a little later but I admit that I'm pretty ashamed and really don't want to.
Oh well... live and learn !!

Here are some pics of the plants after being starved to death. They don't look to bad considering...

Baglady
rsz_1rsz_DSCN1079.jpg

MIS #1
rsz_1rsz_DSCN1081.jpg

MIS #2
DSCN10801.JPG

White Widow (RIP) :(
DSCN1082.JPG

I decided to germinate another Mazar-i-Sharif seed to take the white widow's place. I need more practice and experience so I might as well use freebie seeds for that.

Happy New Year !!!

Change your soil, i bet you would get immense growth spurt and a much healthier plant.

Treat these Mazar-I-Sharif's with the respect the Hindu Godess deserves. Give her Fox Farms Ocean Forest Soil, easily aquirable at your local Hydro store or online with google.

Cut off the affected leaves, so they do not pull energy away from the plants. Re Pot the smaller ones into bigger containers if you can. Get em back on a regular feeding & watering schedule. Cannabis is a heardy plant, but they also dig TLC. :grinjoint:

DAM dude, i havnt checked in on this in a while or even had time to go on 420mag in a while but your babies have certaintly grown up lol. there not looking too bad, im sure you can resurrect them into some fine bud. congrats

Welllll, this journal's been overdue for an update now for a collllllllllld minute so here it is! Lots of pics !!! What I like to see the most in journals anyways!!! But first a quic recap to get us to where the pictures will take over. I had two Mazar-i-Sharif seeds going strong, two White Widow seedlings, and a bagseed plant I like to refer to as Baglady. Like a dumbass, I left for a pretty long vacation, I think somewhere around 10 days or so and came back to the two MiS's and Baglady severely dehydrated and the two WW seedlings dead.
I nursed the two MiS and Baglady plants bac to health and one MiS grew balls so I chopped him down.
I put the remaining MiS and Badlady girls outside to flower and here's where the pictures start:

MiS (# of days into flowering unknown)
rsz_dscn1144.jpg

rsz_dscn1145.jpg

DSCN11461.JPG

Baglady (# of days into flowering uknown)
She's been topped
DSCN11482.JPG

DSCN11472.JPG

DSCN11341.JPG

DSCN11591.JPG

DSCN11601.JPG

DSCN11761.JPG

DSCN11771.JPG

DSCN11791.JPG

DSCN12021.JPG

rsz_dscn1161.jpg

rsz_dscn1162.jpg

rsz_dscn1165.jpg

rsz_dscn1199.jpg

Okay, well that's enough photos for now because the website is trippin and my uploads are disappearing. I'll try to put the rest up later to get caught up to current. I've also got a Hawaiian Snow, White Widow, and Mazar-i-Sharif going now and just germinated another HS and WW. I have pics for those too but will start another journal for that. Thanks for your patience on this journal. I was contemplating ending it altogether but realized that documentation is important and will help someone else someday if only to be used as a reference to not do as I do. :)

OH!

Nutrients:

Fox Farm

Per gallon of water:
2 tsp Tiger Bloom
1 TBS Big Bloom
1/2 tsp Open Sesame

For my next watering I will switch to:

2 Tsp Grow Big
2 tsp Tiger Bloom
1 Tbs Big Bloom
1/4 tsp Beastie Bloom

I also give fish emulsion on every other watering. One week fox farm, one week fish emulsion. My plants have been through hell and I'm happy that they are even alive. Today I found two male flowers on the MiS on the brink of bursting and I pulled those right away and haven't found any others. I think I'm good. It feels like this grow has gone on forever and it's finally nearing completion. I've learned a lot and my next crop is only going to benefit.

How did your m-i-s finish up? Saw your pics but didn't see finish outdoors. Try flowering indoors? I received the same packet of seeds with an order and just started on 12/12, wondered about the quality, etc. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom