Can I ask if you are pointing the fan at the plants? I see you are supporting them....pointing the fan at the plants will help the stems get stronger. Just don't put the fan too close. I agree you should wait until 5 nodes before you top. If you notice the plants stretching too much, it means you need more watts. they look good, though! Keep up the good work!

Honestly I have no idea what up with the northern lights plant. I've turned it around so it's more likely to level out but I'll have to wait and see what happens with it. I'm trying to get to topping/fiming asap as I want "the best bang for my buck".

I do have the fan pointing at the plants for that exact reason. Only the super lemon haze (far right) can support itself. I've left the chopstick on the pot as a back up though.

Planning on posting a better picture later today to see if I can deal with them today or sometime through the week.

Hey all. Just wanted to post my progress. Plants seem great. I moved the lights on the sides in closer and now I wish I started them this close as they are growing like crazy. Live and learn though.

Also wondering if it would be a good time to use nutrience. Totally forgot I had some.

Can't think of anything else but I'll keep you guys posted.

Lemme know what ya think

View media item 1511626
View media item 1511627
View media item 1511628

Yes, soil will usually give you about four or five weeks of nutes built in, depending on how hungry your plants are and the size of the pot. So get ready to feed. Getting close to top/fim time too. How is the NL, is she growing out of her deformity yet?

@HoBrah808

NL still looks a little wacky but it's not to bad. I'm thinking it'll correct itself in a week or so.

Yea I'm getting a little over excited about it. Since you guys have helped I can really see a day to day improvement with the plants.

Also wondering when I should transplant. I was only planning on doing this once since I'm going to be putting them in such big pots compared to the ones they are currently in. I've noticed some roots JUST poking through the bottom of the pots but I'm thinking I can wait another week for sure. Maybe two.

Yeah, it looks like it's definitely going to start growing again! You can transplant whenever you feel the roots are getting too crowded but do not transplant and top/fim at the same time, that will be too much stress. Do one or the other, then wait a week before you do anything else stressful to the plants. Keep in mind that after a top/fim, your plant usually has a growth spurt right after it heals from it.

keep the comments coming!

So would a 4x4x6 room be better for my situation? Should I move my plants closer to the light? Personally I don't want to buy more for my room as I haven't come flush yet with my spending. But it is what it is.

Both times prier I've been satisfied with the growth and unsatisfied with the yield as I've seen people get roughly a pound off of 1 plant and I haven't been able to get anywhere near that with 4 or so.

I also have a nutrience kit but I don't plan on using it until the plants have passed the growth stage. And yes I have used the nitrience on the other grows as well.
Im growing in a 4x4 with a 600w hps and my babies are enjoying it (was a bit strong to start withbut theyve got used to it). I dont have any experience with uv lights so I couldnt really help with that but from what I can see your girls are healthy, healthier than mine at that stage. Mine are still pretty light because of the strength of my bulb. It is however a dual spectrum bulb so the spectrum it puts out is ok for veg I just had them to close to early. But like I said your girls look beautiful. The first set of true leaves are coming out (five spikes) so personally id wait for the next ones to pop out then top, this is all personal preference though.

We usually do a bit of both. We top to around node 4 or 5 then try to control shape and height using LST. You can try varying methods on your girls to see which ends up with the results you seek.

@HoBrah808 @Ms Stank

Hey guys, been a busy week so I haven't really been on here much. Anyways just posting another up date with some questions.

All

Mckong or super lemon

Strawberry Cough

Northern Lights

Super lemon

Super lemon top

Mckong or super lemon top

So really my only question is. Did I top/fim these right? I feel like I just slowed its growth. Dosent really seem to be marking 2 heads.

Topping will slow things down temporarily. I can't tell from your pictures, but if you did it right, you will see the shoots on either side of where you topped start to grow in place of the main stem. Your plants look happy, though!!!

Back
Top Bottom