Flower w/ CFL

ChesterC

Will daylight CFLs work well for flowering ? I have eight 40/200 watt Daylight CFLs in my 6'x2' closet ... rather not buy more ... This is my first CFL grow and the savings in electric and reduced heat is great along w/ vegetative growth, but I need to know if I need to switch to another type/spectrum of CFL for flowering ... Thanks for any and all input.

Chester

Also I'm using Farmers Pride Three Part Organic nutrients ... Thickest trunks I've ever seen on most of my plants ...

they'll do alright flowering under the same lights,, i've done it without changing bulbs..her's proof
mar_29_009.JPG
3-22-2012_Papaya_0051.JPG

That's proof enough for me ... I'm running the same Home Depot bulbs ... just picked up a case of 12 ... thanks !!

Chester

I'll post photos in about a week when I water them again ... I'm about 4-6 weeks from dropping back to 12/12 ... I have to leave town shortly for about that period of time and I don't want it to be my wife's responsibility to determine their sex ... with her eyesight she'd throw them all out ... I have to say that about the only thing I'll do different on the next grow will be store bought seeds. I'm using a mid-grade bag seed now. I've had good grows from bag seed but from what little I know of genetics, I'd be a lot better off w/ quality feminized seeds. This was my first CFL grow and I wanted to get the bugs worked out of it before I tried better seeds. But I have to say w/ the vigor of these plants I expect to have an interesting harvest. I do have the added problem of being in a state that frowns on MJ. I'm not sure how I'll go about getting better seeds ... Your plants are great.

Chester

Back
Top Bottom