CFL grow

This is my setup... My one bulb broke so I'm gonna get a new one soon
20191211_171636.jpg

Attachments

• 20191211_171636.jpg
    20191211_171636.jpg
    584 KB · Views: 77
Welcome to 420 mag, I would seperate every plant personally as you will find it hard getting a nice yield like that, I would also get rid of cfl and go led light mate, your plants should be about a foot tall now and fairly bushy

I've never had to seperate mate I've always planted separately to start with and yes I would try and put them into small pots until they reach like 3/4 nodes and have a nice healthy root system

Cool man thanks for the advice I really appreciate it... When u say small how small is small?
Do a couple of google searches looking for:
how to transplant seedlings

That will get you started. I did notice one thing when I just now did that search, though. The photos and the videos appear to be showing the transplanting from a multi-cell tray to a smaller pot. I was hoping to see several photos of transplanting from a mass planting to individual pots. It might be enough to give you the basic idea. Or, start expanding the search and follow some links to see if they show someone in the same situation.

Hey Imraan,

Being in SA, what Led lights are available in your area?

I realise that buying anything from the United States would be wayyyyyy to expensive to ship to you.

@Smeegol lives in SA too and may have a source for lights, I just don't know.

Maybe he'll come by and be able to let you know where you can get a inexpensive, but worthy lights to cover all those plant's.

Good luck and green days to you Sir!

Yeah maybe very gently put them into new pots. Just lots of water to seperate the roots carefully and repot. Are you lights super close? Send a pic or two
If the soil is a bit to dry I will water gently and come back a half hour later to do the transplanting. This gives the soil time to absorb the water instead of letting it perk though to the bottom of the pot. Moist soil in the original container does seem to make the transplanting easier on the roots.

If the soil is a bit to dry I will water gently and come back a half hour later to do the transplanting. This gives the soil time to absorb the water instead of letting it perk though to the bottom of the pot. Moist soil in the original container does seem to make the transplanting easier on the roots.

Maybe gently use a large spoon to gently dig a round space around each, whilst not injuring any roots.

You got this, Imraan ! :thumb:

Maybe gently use a large spoon to gently dig a round space around each, whilst not injuring any roots.

You got this, Imraan ! :thumb:
Work the spoon down into the soil just beyond the leaf tips for each seedling. Go down several inches in order to capture the main or tap root. Don't panic if you cut a couple of side roots. Transplanting out of a pot like that is actually pretty easy. I do it with flowers and vegetables every spring and have actually put little bare root seedlings down on the ground while using the same spoon to dig the new hole in the garden row.

It is an easy to do project.

Back
Top Bottom