CFL question

You can get a full range of cfls at Home Depot. They have full spectrum and daylight right up to 300 watts. I just put together a 3 light cluster with outdoor light parts ... I should get a pic. Later today I will get a pic of the fixture I built. You don't need much for clones ... but more is always better!!!

That sounds cool, pics would be good, so I can get an idea of what I want to do. I do need to go to home depot and see what they have. Ordering the high wattage cfl's offline is expensive. For what I want to do, ordering the cfl's I need will be twice the cost of a 1kw mh/hps light.

Here you go ... the sockets are adjustable too

DSC_6559_CFL.jpg

NICE!!! Thats exactly what I as envisioning when I thought about using CFLs. Are you also using LEDs, or do the CFLs put off that magenta colored light? Can a mother plant be kept with just CFLs? Thanks for the pic.

Ah i'm pretty sure i have those exact same lights & they're 300 watt equivalent not actually 300. Mine say 68 watts. that said they do work pretty well. Another thing to consider when buying them is that you can buy a t8 fixture & rig it to put out more light than the t5ho's but at very little cost. they call it overdriving the light. I rigged up a 4 foot one for clones & bonsai moms that cost me $20 & puts out over 10,000 lumens. in addition replacement tubes cost 3 or 4 dollars not 18.

Back
Top Bottom