For all who want a card but

Re: For all who want a card but..

I look at it this way: My pain has to be relieved. I do not like the common pill-form meds, like Darvocet, Hydrocone, Tylenol 4, etc., because of the nausea I experience after taking them. If I had the option of mmj here in Texas, I would most definitely say what was neccesary to get my chosen medication. I know my body better than some doctor stranger and can, through my experience, determine the most effective medication for my condition. I think that once the ramp-up the government bureaucracies is achieved, the process will become more efficient. It is NOT up to the government to decide how my pain is eased, imho.

I look at it this way: My pain has to be relieved. I do not like the common pill-form meds, like Darvocet, Hydrocone, Tylenol 4, etc., because of the nausea I experience after taking them. If I had the option of mmj here in Texas, I would most definitely say what was neccesary to get my chosen medication. I know my body better than some doctor stranger and can, through my experience, determine the most effective medication for my condition. I think that once the ramp-up the government bureaucracies is achieved, the process will become more efficient. It is NOT up to the government to decide how my pain is eased, imho.

In your position though your not doing anything wrong you have the problems to warrant marijuana in any sane state or the country of canada but unfortunately your state is far behind the rest of the country but at the rate medicinal marijuana is sweeping the states it wont be long before its made a federal law and then caregivers can get together and rent hundreds of acres of prime land and hire security officers to patrol the fields surround it with electric fences and grow the most kick ass medicinal bud ever just rows and rows of all kind of different strains. And every patient who doesnt mind to do the work to grow his pot licenced to do so because lets face it for a injured person the light work required to grow there medicine is also physio therapy and just growing the plant can add to a patients overall health and when you vaporize your bud or eat it you eliminate the only real health risk of cannabis and that is smoking it and personally I find eating it to be a far better way to take cannabis for back pain and muscle spasms.

In your position though your not doing anything wrong you have the problems to warrant marijuana in any sane state or the country of canada but unfortunately your state is far behind the rest of the country but at the rate medicinal marijuana is sweeping the states it wont be long before its made a federal law and then caregivers can get together and rent hundreds of acres of prime land and hire security officers to patrol the fields surround it with electric fences and grow the most kick ass medicinal bud ever just rows and rows of all kind of different strains. And every patient who doesnt mind to do the work to grow his pot licenced to do so because lets face it for a injured person the light work required to grow there medicine is also physio therapy and just growing the plant can add to a patients overall health and when you vaporize your bud or eat it you eliminate the only real health risk of cannabis and that is smoking it and personally I find eating it to be a far better way to take cannabis for back pain and muscle spasms.

Cat how are u eating cannabis?

Do you have any recipies?

What Vaporizer do you think is best?
I have seen a Volcano and all I can say is WOW

The part about acres of Bud was terrific

I have severe scoliosis. I thankfully am not suffering from anything more serious then that but I believe I deserve to have some pain relief without having to take prescription medication.

Cat how are u eating cannabis?

Do you have any recipies?

What Vaporizer do you think is best?
I have seen a Volcano and all I can say is WOW

The part about acres of Bud was terrific

Well I basically treat it like a garnish or spice I grind up a gram or so and put it over potatoes instead of chives or on top of spaghetti or just any baked good like cupcakes I just figure out if I am going to make 32 cupcakes I just grind up 32 grams of kick ass bud as fine as I can and then blend it into the batter mixing it for a good amount of time to make sure its as even as possible or I just grab a bud around 1-2grams and just chew it up and swallow. But lately I have been experimenting with tinctures for use in making muffins,cookies cupcakes etc as I find that the tinctures being a liquid actually are easier to mix evenly. One tincture recipe I use is extracting the essential oils from the buds with 150proof or higher grain alcohol obviously food grade alcohol ,anyways you just put in 7grams of high quality bud per oz of alcohol so 7 x 26=182 grams of prime bud and I recommend you use the best quality bud or you wont get a very strong tincture basically if you were to ingest 5ml of tincture it should give the same effect as eating 1 gram of bud. Anyways you get your alcohol your 180grams of high quality bud then you just mix it all together in a larger jug the recipe I use I got from an issue of high times and was created by ed rosenthal it recommends letting the buds soak in the alcohol for 10-14 days then to strain the plant matter out leaving only the tincture behind take the remaining plant matter and using a fresh 10oz of alcohol give one final soak and then squeeze all the liquid you can from the remaining plant matter. This will make a very potent tincture i would suggest only using 5-10ml at a time untill your used to it you definetly dont want to start off with a full Oz of tincture as it will more then likely knock you on your ass unless you are used to taking doses of this size. O f regualr pot.

For vaporizers I would agree the volcano vaporizers are about the best but basically any vaporizer wich has a reliable digital heating element one that maintains the heat at all times there are others that heat to 180 celcius then cool down a bit then the element comes back on and it doesnt keep the air that is passing over the buds at an even temp. I would also suggest whatever vaporizer you decide to buy get one with the bag so you can take your time inhaling your hit.

I have severe scoliosis. I thankfully am not suffering from anything more serious then that but I believe I deserve to have some pain relief without having to take prescription medication.

Well with you being in California if your over 18 there is no problem for you to get your exemption infact I think there is a post in the medical marijuana section of the forums that has a link to Dr's who will do your recommendation for $150 and thn $85 for each renewal wich isnt to bad really.

Well I basically treat it like a garnish or spice I grind up a gram or so and put it over potatoes instead of chives or on top of spaghetti or just any baked good like cupcakes I just figure out if I am going to make 32 cupcakes I just grind up 32 grams of kick ass bud as fine as I can and then blend it into the batter mixing it for a good amount of time to make sure its as even as possible or I just grab a bud around 1-2grams and just chew it up and swallow. But lately I have been experimenting with tinctures for use in making muffins,cookies cupcakes etc as I find that the tinctures being a liquid actually are easier to mix evenly. One tincture recipe I use is extracting the essential oils from the buds with 150proof or higher grain alcohol obviously food grade alcohol ,anyways you just put in 7grams of high quality bud per oz of alcohol so 7 x 26=182 grams of prime bud and I recommend you use the best quality bud or you wont get a very strong tincture basically if you were to ingest 5ml of tincture it should give the same effect as eating 1 gram of bud. Anyways you get your alcohol your 180grams of high quality bud then you just mix it all together in a larger jug the recipe I use I got from an issue of high times and was created by ed rosenthal it recommends letting the buds soak in the alcohol for 10-14 days then to strain the plant matter out leaving only the tincture behind take the remaining plant matter and using a fresh 10oz of alcohol give one final soak and then squeeze all the liquid you can from the remaining plant matter. This will make a very potent tincture i would suggest only using 5-10ml at a time untill your used to it you definetly dont want to start off with a full Oz of tincture as it will more then likely knock you on your ass unless you are used to taking doses of this size. O f regualr pot.

For vaporizers I would agree the volcano vaporizers are about the best but basically any vaporizer wich has a reliable digital heating element one that maintains the heat at all times there are others that heat to 180 celcius then cool down a bit then the element comes back on and it doesnt keep the air that is passing over the buds at an even temp. I would also suggest whatever vaporizer you decide to buy get one with the bag so you can take your time inhaling your hit.

KillaOJ I agree when in pain I need relief I know the best relief comes from a plant we can grow ourselves costing very little.

Cateros I am impressed you Canadians are A-OK you got the dope on tinctures and extracting with high grade alcohol.Thank you very much I will refer to this article and you later when I do this. I wonder if there is a recovery system and if one could have a still?

KillaOJ I agree when in pain I need relief I know the best relief comes from a plant we can grow ourselves costing very little.

Cateros I am impressed you Canadians are A-OK you got the dope on tinctures and extracting with high grade alcohol.Thank you very much I will refer to this article and you later when I do this. I wonder if there is a recovery system and if one could have a still?

Well you could use a still but that is a bit dangerous cause your working with high pressures and flammable fluids . I imagine if you wanted to spend the money to make a extremely safe distillery and then spend the cash to go to school and get a degree in whatever field is required so you can be certified to operate a distillery . I think it is probably way to much money and effort when you consider that 150 proof or higher alcohol will effectively extract all the essential oils I imagine you could just allow normal evaporation of the alcohol but dont know if the thc and other cannibinoids will be carried away as the alcohol evaporates.

Actually though from watching a video on making qwiso hash it is actually using a very basic form of distilling the essential oils because you are using the isopropyl to extract the trichromes then allowing the alcohol to evaporate only leaving the trichromes behind. So now you have given me a new future project which will be to see if high proof alcohol can liquify qwiso hash if it is possible then I may attempt to extract the trichromes using a silk screen first next time and add that directly to the acohol then using the remainder extract the remaining trichromes with isopropyl then take the finished product and disolve this into the alcohol mixture as long as it will dissolve. I think in this way it would allow alot less chlorophyl and other unwanted natural compounds from entering the tincture which of course the point of them is to get rid of all the plant matter and just extract the active ingriedients.

On a side not tinctures are also excellent for creating a perfect mix of medicine for your needs especially when you are using cannabis for pain control during the day I find indica is a little to much of a burn out to use during the day but sativa doesnt seem to have quite as effective use for pain relief so by mixing your tinctures to the exact proportion needed say 70%sativa/30% indica for the day of course there are hybrids that are cross bred to be 70/30 sativa/indica but I dont feel they actually have the same content of cannibinoids as you would get creating a tincture from a pure sativa and pure indica and then mixing it to get the desired effect. This way you can create a tincture that will kill the pain and end muscle spasms but be uplifting and energetic like a sativa but as it is right now it will be some time before I have enough space to allow me to grow enough cannabis for my scrip as well as leave me extra to experiment with creating tinctures of made from 100% sativa or indica as presently I only have enough room to just cover my needs.

So I mainly stick to indica dominant strains for my back pain and only rarely will I bother to grow a sativa as they have such long flowering times and grow so damn big. The problem is with HC's figures on how many plants a patient needs to grow to be able to meet his prescription requirements. For example if your scrip here says you can use up to 5g/day then you are allowed 25 plants basically it works out to 1g/day = 5 plants at any time can be grown health canada I guess has figured out that 25 plants with only 4 months total growing time from seed to harvest will only produce around 600 grams or just under 30 grams per plant? But to tell the truth I have gotten yields of 1lb from a 400w light using 6 weeks of veg before flower but not lst or topping just let them grow straight final dried weight was 18 ounces and it took total time of 95 days from seed to harvest.

I personally think that health canada should allow us to have 5 plants in veg and then 25 plants that are flowering I have heard in the states that patients are allowed x number of mature flowering plants and x number of immature plants but not sure if american exemptions have the amount of prescription like canadian exemption cards actually have the total amount per day so 5g for example the card will say 5g/day posses 150g/month and store up to 1150g so basically we can have up to 8months worth of cannabis in storage while growing the supply for the next 4 months I assume they actually used brains here and figured out that crops can be lost so allowing a person to have enough to cover 2 crop cycles in storage will prevent patients from having to go without in case of troubles .

Well you could use a still but that is a bit dangerous cause your working with high pressures and flammable fluids . I imagine if you wanted to spend the money to make a extremely safe distillery and then spend the cash to go to school and get a degree in whatever field is required so you can be certified to operate a distillery . I think it is probably way to much money and effort when you consider that 150 proof or higher alcohol will effectively extract all the essential oils I imagine you could just allow normal evaporation of the alcohol but dont know if the thc and other cannibinoids will be carried away as the alcohol evaporates.

Actually though from watching a video on making qwiso hash it is actually using a very basic form of distilling the essential oils because you are using the isopropyl to extract the trichromes then allowing the alcohol to evaporate only leaving the trichromes behind. So now you have given me a new future project which will be to see if high proof alcohol can liquify qwiso hash if it is possible then I may attempt to extract the trichromes using a silk screen first next time and add that directly to the acohol then using the remainder extract the remaining trichromes with isopropyl then take the finished product and disolve this into the alcohol mixture as long as it will dissolve. I think in this way it would allow alot less chlorophyl and other unwanted natural compounds from entering the tincture which of course the point of them is to get rid of all the plant matter and just extract the active ingriedients.

On a side not tinctures are also excellent for creating a perfect mix of medicine for your needs especially when you are using cannabis for pain control during the day I find indica is a little to much of a burn out to use during the day but sativa doesnt seem to have quite as effective use for pain relief so by mixing your tinctures to the exact proportion needed say 70%sativa/30% indica for the day of course there are hybrids that are cross bred to be 70/30 sativa/indica but I dont feel they actually have the same content of cannibinoids as you would get creating a tincture from a pure sativa and pure indica and then mixing it to get the desired effect. This way you can create a tincture that will kill the pain and end muscle spasms but be uplifting and energetic like a sativa but as it is right now it will be some time before I have enough space to allow me to grow enough cannabis for my scrip as well as leave me extra to experiment with creating tinctures of made from 100% sativa or indica as presently I only have enough room to just cover my needs.

So I mainly stick to indica dominant strains for my back pain and only rarely will I bother to grow a sativa as they have such long flowering times and grow so damn big. The problem is with HC's figures on how many plants a patient needs to grow to be able to meet his prescription requirements. For example if your scrip here says you can use up to 5g/day then you are allowed 25 plants basically it works out to 1g/day = 5 plants at any time can be grown health canada I guess has figured out that 25 plants with only 4 months total growing time from seed to harvest will only produce around 600 grams or just under 30 grams per plant? But to tell the truth I have gotten yields of 1lb from a 400w light using 6 weeks of veg before flower but not lst or topping just let them grow straight final dried weight was 18 ounces and it took total time of 95 days from seed to harvest.

I personally think that health canada should allow us to have 5 plants in veg and then 25 plants that are flowering I have heard in the states that patients are allowed x number of mature flowering plants and x number of immature plants but not sure if american exemptions have the amount of prescription like canadian exemption cards actually have the total amount per day so 5g for example the card will say 5g/day posses 150g/month and store up to 1150g so basically we can have up to 8months worth of cannabis in storage while growing the supply for the next 4 months I assume they actually used brains here and figured out that crops can be lost so allowing a person to have enough to cover 2 crop cycles in storage will prevent patients from having to go without in case of troubles .

Cateros, I thank you for all your shared intelligence. I have friends who ran stills for years in the south I would have to go see one or something if i decided to make whiskey or grain alcohol. Down south they still call it shine like moonshine.
Anyway what you said about flowering and veg limits in the States we have that here in RI a law that states we can posess 12 plants with flowers and 12 seedlings or veg plants but only 2.5 ozs i can burn 2.5 ozs a month i would think. HC sounds terrific maybe I'll move. lol. There is also a clause about hash, hash oil, pipes bongs etc. And most importantly "unusable marijuana does not count against your limits" they would be seeds, stalks, leaves, roots, cuttings, starts, etc. I hope I answered a question about that
As for Indica vs Sativa I really don't want giant plants but like sativa and its hybrids. I feel the same about indica tho and will love making a tincture of the two like u said. have a nice night

ha, 80% of all the mmj recommendations are for severe chronic pain
and what is severe for one may be mild for another
humans have different levels of pain tolerance so no one but the individual can really be the judge of that
there are abuses in all systems and this is no different
i suggest just live and let live or get into politics if you really want to change something
pissing and moaning on this forum is not going to accomplish anything

ha, 80% of all the mmj recommendations are for severe chronic pain
and what is severe for one may be mild for another
humans have different levels of pain tolerance so no one but the individual can really be the judge of that
there are abuses in all systems and this is no different
i suggest just live and let live or get into politics if you really want to change something
pissing and moaning on this forum is not going to accomplish anything

But once again your talking about a condition chat can be documented thats what this thread is about just making sure if your gonna go and get an exemption for chronic pain more then likely you will have a history with your dr showing complaints for chronic pain and more then likely some scripts of narcotic pain relievers or at the very least muscle relaxtants all things that can be checked into. But to go in and say oh I have chronic back pain bothers me all the time the Dr is going to ask if he is reputable what treatments have you tried previously and most Dr.s of integrity will have you try alternatives unless you tell him that you refuse to take pharmaceutical chemicals when there is an all natural alternative that you know works for you. Some Dr's might go along and other will send you for an mri first to see if they can find anything that would explain pain actually most would because there is the chance that chronic back pain could be a tumor on your spine or micro fractures ect.

So for one having previous records can help keep you from having to wait a long time and have tests done that could screw ya if you have your info to show him and then tell him all you are willing to take for the pain is cannabis and if it gets to the point whre it wont work then you might consider a stronger pain reliever but untill then you want to stick to a natural alternative. But those out there who just make up a condition and go with DR's who are a bit shady will cause problems with the MMJ programs there has been lots of news I have seen lately where there are politicians complaining people are getting there reccomendations to easily and they think there is abuse in the system . Personally I think the best way to get your exemption in the states is they prescribe it for mirgrains and such so if you suffer from headaches or other pain that has you taking tylenol more then 6 pills a week then you are in risk of being one og the 500 people that die every year because of tylenol so that there is the perfect reason to get an examption sure there are only 500 deaths per year but I refuse to risk the chance no matter how small of being one of the 500. But you have to admit there are people out there who claim they have horrible back problems causing cripplng pain but then they are able to go snowboarding 2-3 times per day obviously if you have such bad back problems then you wouldnt be snowboarding half the week. Well I wouldnt with my back but half of my lumbar discs are completely calcified and 2 sacral discs are herniated so I wouldnt be snowboarding anyways, But still just because people abusing the sytems if the federal govt decides to audit the DR's and look into there prescribing practice with the cannabis and they find anything to make them raise an eyebrow then look into your family Dr or come to you and request past evidence of the pain your claiming your suffering and if your unable its possible they could just cut you offf the exemption and make it so you cant get another one unless your able to show tests that prove there is some cause for the pain.

But this topic isnt about changing the system its more about asking our fellow cannabis users to not abuse the mmj system , for one if it wasnt abused and only completely elegible people who can prove there condition no problem were recieving mmj it makes the entire groupw of cannabis users look a lot better over any other person who uses a so called DRUG altough cannabis is a herb and all the majority think its a drug an not merely a controlled substance. But by showing responisbility and convincing others to do the same it will help to finally end there propaganda about it being adictive as if it truly were every single person who could get it wethere they were elegible or not but were able to recieve there reccomendation would do so. But by getting people to understand and realize that by being responsible about the laws of mmj we are able to debunk the addiction propaganda, after a while of use and none of the other symptoms thedy claim it causes like psychosis and violence etc etc is all bullshit you see mmj program give us a chance becuae DR's will be studying the patients to finally prove that cannabis is far safer then alcohol and tobacoo I think within a few more years that it will be impossible for them to deny the fact that it should be legal for adult consumption and personal production.

first of all no licensed md is going to rx mmj because it is not in the pharmacopoeia, they will only recommend it
the majority of all the mmj recommendations for pain are coming from a handful or two of doctors so one could make a case the motivation to make money and a squeaky wheel gets a lot of people a card
however unless you are medically qualified you have no say as to who gets a card so sniveling on this forum is not going to do any good
why do you suppose the vast majority of mds simply do not want to be involved in any way?

first of all no licensed md is going to rx mmj because it is not in the pharmacopoeia, they will only recommend it
the majority of all the mmj recommendations for pain are coming from a handful or two of doctors so one could make a case the motivation to make money and a squeaky wheel gets a lot of people a card
however unless you are medically qualified you have no say as to who gets a card so sniveling on this forum is not going to do any good
why do you suppose the vast majority of mds simply do not want to be involved in any way?

In canada every single medical marijuana patient's DR had to prescribe it as our forms arent a reccomendation they are the dr filling out the diagnosis of the illness/injury symptoms the patient suffers from and they also have to prescribe the exact amount per day the patient requires .. In my case my Dr had to prescribe me a doseage of 5grams/day so here in canada it is a prescribed substance. But because our Dr's do have to prescribe it that means records are being taken as well as information on the progress of the patient so data is being accumulated which will over time show the lack of any harm caused by cannabis as well as proving that not only is it an effective pain reliever ,muscle relaxant and anti inflamatory and is safer then every prescription drug approved by the FDA. In fact the canadian govt was supposed to be providing $4 mill for research and clinical testing as they want to eventually make it so pharmacies will be able to fill scripts for patients instead of them sending out there dried marijuana from mantioba which there clients never pay for because the stuff is pretty shitty looks like a bag of shake because they only cut the buds free but dont trim them up then they put them into a grinder and break it all up in htere attempt to make the product homogenous.

But there is no sniveling only an attemp to appeal to common sense that people who are faking there way into an exemption are only going to make it harder for people who actually can benefit from it. Like myself I am intolerant to opiates cant take them so I have had to take handfuls of muscle relaxants and anti inflamatories ,pills for nausea, anit depressants because some of my meds side effects cause false depression, Benzodiazapines for massive muscle spasms and it took me 4 years to find a dr who will support my decision but as she has never prescribed it before she has no idea how much is appropriate for my daily dose so she has been asking her colleague to find a Dr in my area to refer me to who has experience with medicinal cannabis .

In canada every single medical marijuana patient's DR had to prescribe it as our forms arent a reccomendation they are the dr filling out the diagnosis of the illness/injury symptoms the patient suffers from and they also have to prescribe the exact amount per day the patient requires .. In my case my Dr had to prescribe me a doseage of 5grams/day so here in canada it is a prescribed substance. But because our Dr's do have to prescribe it that means records are being taken as well as information on the progress of the patient so data is being accumulated which will over time show the lack of any harm caused by cannabis as well as proving that not only is it an effective pain reliever ,muscle relaxant and anti inflamatory and is safer then every prescription drug approved by the FDA. In fact the canadian govt was supposed to be providing $4 mill for research and clinical testing as they want to eventually make it so pharmacies will be able to fill scripts for patients instead of them sending out there dried marijuana from mantioba which there clients never pay for because the stuff is pretty shitty looks like a bag of shake because they only cut the buds free but dont trim them up then they put them into a grinder and break it all up in htere attempt to make the product homogenous.

But there is no sniveling only an attemp to appeal to common sense that people who are faking there way into an exemption are only going to make it harder for people who actually can benefit from it. Like myself I am intolerant to opiates cant take them so I have had to take handfuls of muscle relaxants and anti inflamatories ,pills for nausea, anit depressants because some of my meds side effects cause false depression, Benzodiazapines for massive muscle spasms and it took me 4 years to find a dr who will support my decision but as she has never prescribed it before she has no idea how much is appropriate for my daily dose so she has been asking her colleague to find a Dr in my area to refer me to who has experience with medicinal cannabis .

excuse me for not quoting but I was replying to the first poster tintala of the thread
I think there was griping about some people trying to get cards that they thought didn't deserve them
my point was stated clearly that unless one is a doctor they are not qualified to make a call like that however imho there is the potential for abuse
i was not debating the medical benefits of mj
i feel you are correct that a natural occurring botanical like mj is safer to use in some forms than the synthetic pharmaceuticals you are referring to

excuse me for not quoting but I was replying to the first poster tintala of the thread
I think there was griping about some people trying to get cards that they thought didn't deserve them
my point was stated clearly that unless one is a doctor they are not qualified to make a call like that however imho there is the potential for abuse
i was not debating the medical benefits of mj
i feel you are correct that a natural occurring botanical like mj is safer to use in some forms than the synthetic pharmaceuticals you are referring to

Yeah Ill agree there in the US it isnt quite as bad to say I get migraines alot or whatever to get a recommendation because as you said its not a scrip, if they do however switch over to a system more like canada requiring the Dr to prescribe a daily max doseage liek our Canadian Dr;s do it will slow down the amount of cards issued but if they follow all examples those who get there card will bounus. For instance if a Dr in canada prescribes 5gram per day then the patient if he decides to apply for his licence to produce for himself is allowed 5 plants for each 1gram/day so if you need 5g/day you can have 25 plants growing at any time have 150grams in possesion for the month and have in your storage area 1150 grams. So in a lot of ways the canadian system is better for the patient as it makes it far more affordable and makes producing your own far easier to maintain a sufficient supply but because of the responsibility placed on the DR's because if they prescribe to a patient who may manage to get a scrip for say 10g/day might be selling half of his medicine cause the lure of an extra 8-10k a year is hard to resists for many. Here in canada though we dont get a lot of people managing to get there licence but there are so many who dont actually qualify who continually keep trying to get a DR to endorse them it does make it very difficult to get your licence so far we have only 4500 patients across the country because DR's are nervous about prescribing it. The are not happy with being made the gatekeepers of medicinal cannabis most believe that if hc wants them prescribing exact doses then it should be treated like any other prescription and all they have to do is write out the doseage not have to fill out a page of diagnosis forms explaining the patients condition but just right the dose give to patient and refill as necessary.

Yeah Ill agree there in the US it isnt quite as bad to say I get migraines alot or whatever to get a recommendation because as you said its not a scrip, if they do however switch over to a system more like canada requiring the Dr to prescribe a daily max doseage liek our Canadian Dr;s do it will slow down the amount of cards issued but if they follow all examples those who get there card will bounus. For instance if a Dr in canada prescribes 5gram per day then the patient if he decides to apply for his licence to produce for himself is allowed 5 plants for each 1gram/day so if you need 5g/day you can have 25 plants growing at any time have 150grams in possesion for the month and have in your storage area 1150 grams. So in a lot of ways the canadian system is better for the patient as it makes it far more affordable and makes producing your own far easier to maintain a sufficient supply but because of the responsibility placed on the DR's because if they prescribe to a patient who may manage to get a scrip for say 10g/day might be selling half of his medicine cause the lure of an extra 8-10k a year is hard to resists for many. Here in canada though we dont get a lot of people managing to get there licence but there are so many who dont actually qualify who continually keep trying to get a DR to endorse them it does make it very difficult to get your licence so far we have only 4500 patients across the country because DR's are nervous about prescribing it. The are not happy with being made the gatekeepers of medicinal cannabis most believe that if hc wants them prescribing exact doses then it should be treated like any other prescription and all they have to do is write out the doseage not have to fill out a page of diagnosis forms explaining the patients condition but just right the dose give to patient and refill as necessary.

there is not a long history of prescribing mmj so doctors are uncomfortable with the present evidence based system
they have been trained in the scientific method so they traditionally use thoroughly researched and clinically tested pharmaceuticals
so for mmj, the book is still being written so to speak

here in the US you get your card and self medicate
in colorado you are personally allowed to grow 6 plants only 3 of which can be flowering or you can designate a caregiver and they are allowed to grow 2 plants for you
caregivers offer to give you one ounce a month free
with a sophisticated grow system 2 plants and a 90 day growth cycle that's a conservative production of 8 pounds or more a year but they don't even give you a pound of it
do you see the potential for abuse here too?
our state congress is back in session to change the rules so we will see what developes

just for fun read down and see where the drug laws were 100 years ago

THE YEAR 1909
One hundred years ago..
What a difference a century makes!

Here are some statistics for the Year 1909 :

The average life expectancy was 47 years
Fuel for this car was sold in drug stores only
Only 14 percent of the homes had a bathtub
Only 8 percent of the homes had a telephone
There were only 8,000 cars and only 144 miles Of paved roads
The maximum speed limit in most cities was 10 mph
The tallest structure in the world was the Eiffel Tower
The average wage in 1909 was 22 cents per hour
The average worker made between $200 and $400 per year
A competent accountant could expect to earn $2000 per year, a dentist $2,500 per year, a veterinarian between $1,500 and $4,000 per year, and a mechanical engineer about $5,000 per year.
More than 95 percent of all births took place at HOME
Ninety percent of all doctors had NO COLLEGE EDUCATION! Instead, they attended so-called medical schools, many of which Were condemned in the press AND the government as 'substandard. '
Sugar cost four cents a pound
Eggs were fourteen cents a dozen
Coffee was fifteen cents a pound
Most women only washed their hair once a month, and used Borax or egg yolks for shampoo
Canada passed a law that prohibited poor people from entering into their country for any reason

Five leading causes of death were:
1. Pneumonia and influenza
2. Tuberculosis
3. Diarrhea
4. Heart disease
5. Stroke

The American flag had 45 stars
The population of Las Vegas, Nevada, was only 30
Crossword puzzles, canned beer, and iced tea hadn't been invented yet
There was no Mother's Day or Father's Day
Two out of every 10 adults couldn't read or write and Only 6 percent of all Americans had graduated from high school

Marijuana, h, and morphine were all available over the counter at the local corner drugstores. Back then pharmacists said h clears the complexion, gives buoyancy to the mind, regulates the stomach and bowels, and is, in fact, a perfect guardian of health' ( Shocking? DUH! )

Eighteen percent of households had at least one full-time servant or domestic help
There were about 230 reported murders in the ENTIRE ! U.S.A.!
Plus one more sad thought; 95 percent of the taxes we have now did not exist in 1909

Imagine what it will be like in another 100 years

Re: For all who want a card but.

Hello,
I thought I had posted to this topic, but it seems to not be here so I am going to try again. I am currently a resident in the State of Michigan, which as passed its Medical Marijuana Card program. Basically, in a paraphrased nutshell, the law allows a doctor to "recommend that the patient has an illness that could be benefited by the use of cannabis" . There is a list of qualifying illnesses and conditions that are "approved to utilize Marijuana has a part of their treatment"

That being said, I am currently a 22 yr Survivor of AIDS, my T-cell count has been below 200 for over 20 yrs. I also have Advanced Peripheral Neuropothay, a disorder that has caused the Mylar sheeting that covers nerve endings is dieing/dissolving. It cause the nerve endings to register a constant burning pain, that is accompanied by waves of severe pain that can last anyway from a few minutes to several hours.

I have been on Opiate pain management for the past 15yrs and a recent EMG showed a <90% loss of sensory nerve conduction and a <40% loss of my motor nerves in my legs. Currently I can walk with arm brace crutches, but I use an electric wheelchair when I have to travel more than teh length of the sidewalk to the car.

Another issue that I have been dealing with is nausea and weight loss. At 6'6" I currently weigh 183lbs, a weight that I maintain with the use of Human Growth Hormone IM and Topical Androgel.

For years I have taken a medication called Marinal/Drobinal, synthetic THC, taken to combat nausea and to stimulate appetite.

As you can see above I have several "qualifying illnesses" that are listed has candidates for the MM program. I started by approaching both my Primary Care Doctor and my HIV Specialist about the usage of MM for me. I did research and presented my case to them both and they were supportive and both thought that it would be something that I would possibly benefit from the use of. They both said that they would talk to their Partners/Employers in order to get approval to write the recommendation for me.

My Primary Doc called me latter that day and said that she was sorry, but here managing partner would not allow his office to become known as a group of drug dealers. This from a doctor that had been writing a Rx for 100 mg of time release MsContin 3 times a day and 15 mg instant release Mscontin per day for over 6 yrs. I can understand the trepidation of a small town doctor becoming involved in something that is legal only on the State level.

However when my HIV Specialist called me and told me that the State Health Department has forbidden their Doctors from making the recommendations for anyone regardless of the reason. I was blown away by this, because you would think that a state funded medical agency would be able to utilize the MM program, especially for a patient that had been receiving treatment by them for several of the qualifying illnesses for many years prior to the law being passed.

I contacted my Case Manager and she forwarded my paperwork to one of the MM recommending clinics. They called me about a month or so after receiving my medical records. The man I spoke with was very nice and reassuring that my records were in order and that the Doctor just needed to do a brief physical examination and I would be able to receive his recommendation. The problem was that I was up North in the boonies and their offices were in the Detroit area. Quickly I was informed that on several occasions throughout the year he holds clinics in towns around the state and that they would be contacting me to schedule an appointment. I waited about 2 months and called to check the status of upcoming clinics. They told me that there was going to be one the following week about 60 miles from me and the next weekend they would be seeing potential patients around 120 miles away. I asked for an appointment for the clinic 60 miles away and was put on hold. When they came back on the line I was informed that the clinic was full and that they had no more spaces available. That was the last I heard from them and it is almost 4 months since that call.

I nearly gave up the idea of pursuing this line of treatment when an opportunity to move to Lansing, the State capital. Surely I would be able to get a recommendation here but when I approached my new Dr about it he said that they too were not allowed to even accept the paperwork required to be filled out. I did some more checking and all I have been able to come up with is another clinic that charges $220 to write the recommendation.

I currently receive a little less than $800 per month on a Social Security Disability income. After normal living expenses I have very little left over for gas to drive my car right now, not to mention no clue of a way how I am gonna get the money to pay the clinics fee.

This is where I get to the point of my rambling. My insurance currently covers me to see has many Doctors as necessary for my continued treatment. I have no problem getting very expensive tests covered and my current Medical summaries state that they pay in excess of $65,000 for all of the medication I take a month (yes that's right I said per month). What I do not understand is that if my insurance is accepted by so many for so much, why can't I find a Doctor that writes the recommendations to do the same.

That is why I get angry when I hear that people that do not have legitimate qualifying illnesses, listed by the state, are attempting, and in some cases getting recommended for MM, when I can not even with a verifiable history of chronic illness which has been being treated for as long as I have.

Now please do not think that I am saying that I should and everyone else should not. That is far from the truth. I believe that Cannabis should be available to everyone, it is by far less harmful than alcohol and the only requirement for using it is a Birthday.

I know that there will be a long and slow acceptance for the medical profession to begin routinely recommending MM for Patients in general.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? Does anyone have any suggestions for me? If so I would greatly appreciate the advice. It makes me so angry and depressed to know that there is something out there that would help me to deal with my illness and pain that I can not access simply because I do not make enough money.

I know that if I can get the recommendation I can produce the Marijuana myself, I have the growing equipment and have a previous background in commercial greenhouse management, not to mention the wealth of resources that are available to me via this site and it's members. It terrifies me that on the rare occasion that some currently comes my way I run the risk of being put in jail by using it.

Thank you oh so much for your time and consideration. For now I will continue to work toward getting a Grow Room set up and reaching out to find a way to get either the funds to cover the cost of the clinic, or an appointment with a Doctor that will accept my insurance for the visit. You guys are so awesome for taking the time to read this and I wish you all the success needed in the process.
:thanks:

Sheenyboy:welcome:to 420Mag and Hello!
First let me congratulate you on your continued health battle, but want to reassure you that you are in the correct place here at 420Mag we members look out and try to assist all other members achieve what is legally theirs. The Michigan Dept of Community Health, the Medical Board of Licensure, and all MD's who refuse to sign should be ashamed. Your illnesses are the reason we have these compassionate laws. I will ask some people I know here and we will get back to you I promise.
+REP for standing up to this crap!

All Michigan taxpayers and residents who voted for this bill should be outraged and ashamed of how they are bullying Dr's and patients in the rural areas and making them suffer needlessly. If I lived near you I would insure you get your Card if I had to carry you in a wheelbarrow to the Capitol. I can not believe a man suffering with HIV and no one in MI can help him obtain a Card legitimately from a Dr that his insurance can pay? I know the good members here will do all we can.

"My Primary Doc called me latter that day and said that she was sorry, but here managing partner would not allow his office to become known as a group of drug dealers. This from a doctor that had been writing a Rx for 100 mg of time release MsContin 3 times a day and 15 mg instant release Mscontin per day for over 6 yrs."

This is freaking hilarious!!!!

Back
Top Bottom