Foxtailing - when to harvest?

My girl has been foxtailing for some time now and I was wondering when to harvest. Do I wait until foxtailing stop and hairs on foxtail has dried or gone ?
Hey H.D , so easiest way to check to see if ready is to look at the trichomes on the thickest top buds... Foxtailing will continue and continue and continue as long as you'll let it... Problem with that is while you wait for new white pistils to darken, your already peak ripe trichomes full of THC goodness start to degrade and turn into cbn ( aka "ambering" ).... Good for body high not so good for head.

So at this point if the majority of it is ready I would be comfortable telling you to harvest anytime.

Although this is speculation as I cannot see your actual plant. So some photos would help answer your question, if my answer above didn't already help.

My girl has been foxtailing for some time now and I was wondering when to harvest. Do I wait until foxtailing stop and hairs on foxtail has dried or gone ?
Hey Buddy :ciao:
When she is finished flowering and building for you she stops eating.
It will take longer and longer to empty her pot.
Check pot weight.
How often are you feeding her now?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

I have attached these 2 photos of the foxtailing. I have looked at the tricho and they appear mostly cloudy with lots of amber. If and when I harvest do I need to trim out the foxtails?

z1 (1).JPG

z2.JPG

Will foxtail dry up and eventually go away or will it continue to foxtail
The bud will continue to foxtail as long as the plant is healthy enough to keep growing.

A "foxtail" is just another stem growing out of the side of the bud and this new stem grows its own smaller bud.

I do not believe in the theory that the foxtail itself is bad. I just figure that the plant has been in a flowering stage for too long. I stopped trying to grow buds looking for that couch lock.

Back
Top Bottom