Freezy's 1000W Indoor Grow 12/12 From Clone With Sonic Bloom

Freezy

Whats up guys. Ive been excited to start this journal and its finally time I get it rolling. I plan on being as informative as I can. So I guess ill jump right into this here. As far as my setup goes:
Pots: 5 gallon felt pots
Strain: Frankenstein, 2 mothers from seed and 4 clones off of each.
Light: (1) 1000w Mh light, and 4 2ft t5's
Medium: Pro mix hp biofungicide + mycorrhizae. (basically peat moss)
Area: 4x8 tent
Average Temp: 80 Degrees
Average Rh: 50%
Water: Using a pure 100 Ro water filter with a 50 gal res and plenty of air stones.
Ph: I try to keep the water around 6.7
Nutes: General Organics --> Bio Grow, Bio Thrive, CaMg+, Bio Root, Bio Weed, Bio bud, Bio Marine, and Diamond Black. I am also using a foliar spray called Sonic Bloom.

I go feed, water, water, feed, water, water. every 2-4 days as needed.

Mixed in with my foliar spray is also a little bit of Be One which is just vitamin B1.

Now heres where it gets a bit interesting... These plants are listening to a CD on repeat 24/7. The CD is made by sonic bloom, and its basically just classical music mixed with different frequencies. Allegedly these frequency's are supposed to simulate birds chirping which is supposed to open up the cells more and allow the plants to take in more nutrients and water. This is supposed to speed up the grow and increase yield. We shall see....

One thing thats a bit of an issue for me is my time frame. I have just about enough time in this place left to squeeze out one quick grow. I have two mothers that are from seed which were both given to me by a friend at about 2 weeks old. Both have been under the 1000w Mh light which I gradually cranked up to 100% and have been transplanted into 5 gal felt pots. I have had these two plants for two weeks now and I have to say (this is only my third grow) that they are growing faster than any of my previous grows. Could be because of the music? Not sure..

A few days ago I cut 4 clones off of each of these two plants and all but two have great roots and as of today have been transplanted from the aeroponic cloner to soil. I watered down the soil before transplant with 1/4 strength nutes because it is completely neutral and has no nutrients in it. The clones were placed into rock wool cubes that were soaked in water with vitamin B1 to help with the stress of transplanting. Right now the light has been on 24/7. What I'm going to do is switch the lighting to 12/12 as soon as the clones are comfy in their new homes. Part of the reason for this is my limited time frame. The other part is that I'm doing this partly as an experiment for myself because I have read up on a few guys that do 12/12 from seed and say they have good results. I wanted to combine this 12/12 theory with sonic blooms CD. This is going to be an interesting run and I hope you guys enjoy and follow along.

Also, feel free to give any input! I know I have much to learn. I will update with photos in a minute I have to take some and upload them. Thanks all, Peace.

-Freezy

Heres a few photos.... The two mothers seeds were planted 3/26.

20150626_165417.jpg
20150626_165437.jpg
20150626_153603.jpg
20150626_165559.jpg

Hello freezy, welcome to :420: we are glad to count you among our members. I will be around, if I can be of any help dont hesitate to ask.
I had never heard of the frankestein strain. It also looks like you know what you are talking about.
Thank you for joining us.
Regards.

Thanks I appreciate it. I had never heard of the frankenstein strain either and I can't really find too much info about it. From what I can tell, and from what I was told, it's an indica dominant strain and the seeds were purchased from somewhere in Amsterdam. I've only really grown sativas, or at least saliva dominant, strains in my previous grows so this should be interesting. Something I just tried on these last clones that I forgot to mention; Instead of using a cloning gel, I just used organic honey from my kitchen. This seemed to work just fine! A grower from Colorado I met recently told me the that little trick and I thought I would share it.

just an update.. Fed the girls between 1/2 and 3/4 strength today (the 2 older girls). I tried super cropping on the taller one because I might run into a height issue with her down the line but we'll see. I kind of injured the stem where I super cropped her. This was two days ago and since then she has uprighted herself on her own. The wound seems like its going to heal up pretty good but Is there something anyone would recommend as like a "plant bandaid"? I have fixed them before when shoots have just about half ripped off and I've tied them back up and they recovered just fine but this is more of a crack down the main stem thats about a 1/4 inch long. Ill throw some pics up of when I super cropped her 2 days ago and what she looks like now. Im either going to switch to 12/12 today or tomorrow. I have 2 clones left in the aeroponic and they are both finally showing roots but not quite ready for transplant.. When I switch the photo period I will also be switching to a 1000w Hps. Will post pics in a few.

Hey guys sorry Ive been really busy. Update on how things are going.. all the girls seem to be doing really well. I just transplanted the clones into the 5 gal felt pots. It may be a bit early for that but i think they will be okay. The big one i was a little worried about when I super her turned out fine she had a full recovery. Here's some pics of the update. You might notice a few upgrades in the tent too. I switched to 12/12 about a week ago so I wanted to keep the tent closed (previously It was open to keep the heat down) so I had to add an ac unit. I also had a big fiasco last week with my bulb burning out and of course it was the last thing I checked so I ended up buying a new ballast and all this big mess. long story short i returned it and the store actually replaced my burnt out bulb for free because I had a warranty on it through them. Enough rambling here's some pics. The Music is still playing 24/7 and they seem to be loving it. The big girls are 6 weeks old and looking great!

20150707_124232.jpg
20150707_124312.jpg
20150707_124301.jpg

I actually have a question.. Any input would be appreciated. Where I'm doing these clones from 12/12, how should it work with my nutes? Bio Thrive and Bio grow are the two macro nutrients in the go box. Bio Thrive for flowering and Bio grow for vegging. Where the clones are still little I'm thinking that I should probably gradually bring them from the bio grow to bio thrive? I feel like they still need a good ammount of nitrogen at where they are so small. Thoughts?

whats up got some updated photos for you guys. Girls are looking good! I saw a spider web on some of the girls today so I sprayed them down with some all natural foliar bug repellant. I think its just basically lemon juice. There was only one or two little spider web strands.. looked around the plants and could not find any mites but figured I would spray them anyway. Besides that, I have been having trouble with my humidity.. I had a humidifier in the tent, but it was filling up before the 12 hours of dark was over and my humidity was jumping up to around 80% which is obviously not okay during flowering. With that said I replaced it with a bigger humidifier and now I'm tripping circuits and its been a bit stressful because I was away for the weekend and the poor girls have been experiencing anything from high heat (100 degrees) and high humidity for about 2 days because my ac and humidifier were on the same circuit. Now that I'm back Its as good as I can get it. The temp is right back around 77ºF and the Rh is in the mid 40's with the lights on. Im just worried about what happens when the lights go off and the humidity jumps.... we shall see. Enough rambling heres some pics. Oh and I lolipopped them a little bit today too. Ive never grown such a indica dominant strain they are really bushy as hell!
20150713_171217.jpg
20150713_171228.jpg
20150713_171239.jpg
20150713_171247.jpg

Just went down today and washed the girls down with some frequency altered water. They seemed to respond well to the little bit of lolipopping that was done and as far as any mites there are no signs. Girls look mint. As far as my humidity problem… Still trying to work out the kinks but last night the rh got up to the 70's which is better than the mid 80's. My new dehumidifier didn't pop a fuse and was not full either so I'm trying to get that rh down during the lights out period. Will keep updated. If anyone has any input or experience with any of the similar situations above let me know! Im trying to do this journal for feedback and I'm trying to keep it interesting!

Alright, Its been a minute since I've been on here. I suppose I would have been more thorough if I got some people to chime in here and there but people didn't seem to take much interest. Anyway.. The girls are getting there now they are around 5 weeks into flowering, id have to check my calendar for exact date. The six clones are doing great. They are a little over fed at the moment but not to the point where they have note burn they just look really dark green. My question is about the two mother plants. The ph of the soil runoff seems mint, right around 6.5 but there are yellowing leaves and some of the older ones on the bottom. it almost looks like nitrogen deficiency but I'm not sure. At first I thought it was cal mag but I've been adding that at full strength for a week and a half or so and its not the problem. I don't know tell me what you think. by the way I have been having a humidity problem until recently it was getting into the 60's and sometimes 70's during lights out. I think I've fixed it now i got a different humidifier. Can people please chime in here and help me out??
20150811_165225.jpg
20150811_165206_1.jpg
20150811_165155.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom