From Manhattan NY

Hi Dave!

Welcome to 420 Magazine and the community of members that gathers here.

Hi Dave,

I grew up in the lower east side and haven't been in NYC for a while but I will always feel like a New Yorker. Welcome to another really great place!

:Namaste:

Nice to see a fellow NYer. I grew up smoking weed when they sold it in Tre' bags ($3 bags). Of course it had plenty of seeds and stems. But, it did the job. Three people pitch in a buck each and you were good. That was in the 70's & 80's. They had reefer spots everywhere back then, all types of store fronts that had a hole in the wall to cop.

When I met my GF 6 years ago, her friend was selling these tiny $10 bags (tiny compared to those fat tre' bags of the 80's). So, I rolled a regular sized joint and it felt so much stronger than the reefer of the 80's. I smoked the entire joint and I was beyond stoned.

Anyhow, I noticed there were a lot uses for weed nowadays. Being I'm in my 40's, it's increased my sex drive, I use it for sleep. I just take a pinch and take 1 or 2 tokes and I'm good. My GF hails across the river from Weehawken NJ. That's where I get my reefer (she doesn't use). NJ is legal for medicinal purposes. But, both NY and NJ changed the law from criminal to civil. Meaning it's like a parking ticket if you have less than an ounce. But, I've never really been in trouble for weed. In 84' I sold 2 bags to an undercover cop in Central park and when I saw the judge, he charged me with disorderly conduct and sentenced me to time served. That was 30 years ago. So, even back then it was not a big deal to sell or possess it. Now, its not even criminal.

My mother suffers from MS, she's had it for over 25 years. I know Cannabinoids might be helpful to her. But, she's old fashion and won't smoke weed. Meanwhile she still smokes cigarettes. A few years ago she was not eating and I got a script for Marinol pills that had Cannabinoid oil in the pills. I gave her one and she was hallucinating. She didn't want to take it again. So, I decided to take 2 Marinol to see for myself. About 40 minutes later, the bed was spinning...it was very strong. I was holding onto the mattress so I wouldn't "fall off" LOL. So, I understood why she didn't want that again. I ended up taking the rest of the bottle.

In closing, I wish there was a way to make cannabis work for my mother. Because we have tried everything and it hasn't helped her. It's difficult for her to walk. But, she's managing.

Dave

Hi Dave :high-five: Quite a story you got there :trance:

Welcome to :420:Reps for trying to help your mother :thumb:

The best way would be to change the way your mother sees the plant :geek:

Get her to see it as a herb or a vegetable, rather than a "drug" :yummy:

Smoking is not the best way to ingest it anyway for maximum medicinal benefit.

Grow your own and make smoothies from the young plants for your mom.

Just Get some household cfl lights and plant some bagseed in a wardrobe.

You need a fan and some white paint and some NYC dirt and you're good to go.

She won't get high and the canabinoids will all be in their acidic form. (not decarboxylated)

This means that they are bioavailable but not psychoactive.

This is the quickest way to get her free meds and a nice hobby.

She could do it herself :nomo:

You could do it together :high-five:

How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Juicing Raw Cannabis

Back
Top Bottom