Frustration Whilst Germination

chib

Anyone else experience the worst luck ever with seeds sprouting ? I've gone through about 20 consecutively without any luck, finally got 2 to crack so I went to plant them and I put the first one into waterlogged soil and instantly had to repot , then dropped the second one onto the kitchen floor... I dont know what's causing the bad luck for me, it's hard enough just to get them split.

Put them in wet paper towel, drain excess water by holding wet paper towel by one end of it. Put seeds in and fold back up, place in dark, room temp room for 3 or 7 days til the have a root like half inch long or more and then plant.

Put them in wet paper towel, drain excess water by holding wet paper towel by one end of it. Put seeds in and fold back up, place in dark, room temp room for 3 or 7 days til the have a root like half inch long or more and then plant.
I've done everything

Anyone else experience the worst luck ever with seeds sprouting ? I've gone through about 20 consecutively without any luck, finally got 2 to crack so I went to plant them and I put the first one into waterlogged soil and instantly had to repot , then dropped the second one onto the kitchen floor... I dont know what's causing the bad luck for me, it's hard enough just to get them split.
Ok slow down , yes I’ve had some luck as you did with my first seeds.
ive has success “ so far “ planting the seed in its final pot. Put about 1/4 inch under the soil. Use a blunt pencil To make your hole. Only water a circle around your seed about size of small saucer . Probably twice a day. Your are spraying , like windex , your circle area to ensure it remains moist . Soil color will tell you when it’s drying out I also did all this in the tent I’ll be growing them in so all the conditions applied except I didn’t turn on lights until day 3. By day 4 I have sprouts . Every time .

Just using tap water, I've never had ph problems before, I'm on the island like you and our water is generally pretty neutral.
Ok hmmm...still doesnt make sense, regardless, try soaking next ones in kelp or seaweed extract, they have gibberillin which is a germination hormone. Also auxins which are rooting hormones.

Soak in light kelp/seaweed solution over night, 8hrs kinda thing, then into paper towel, also squeeze the seed, if it breaks its no good, dark ones are best.

I just started 6 a couple days ago. Went 6 for 6 on germinating. Not sure what you tried but here’s how I did mine.
Put room temperature bottled water in shot glasses, dropped seeds in.
Few hours later gave em a light tap to try to sink. ( couple did)
Soaked for 13 hours.
Next morning put them into damp paper towel in a ziplock bag and set on top of my internet router.
Less than 12 hours later tap roots were poking out.

A heat mat with a domed lid to hold the heat and moisture in will go a long way to getting things going. Soak the seeds over night to soften the shell then put them in rapid rooters abput 1/4" down. Place them in the domed tray on the heat mat. Keep the rooter damp not wet. I would bet you would see about a 90% germination using this method.

Back
Top Bottom