G4-QB132 x12 RDWC 6x Jack Herer 4x4

Plant #2/3/and 4 had bud rot. P3 had it the worst while P2 and 4 only had a single cola with some rot. All of it was down the middle where the air flow was non existent lol. I was very surprised P6, the most bushy, did not have any rot that i could find. I thought about bud washing but tbh im just gonna let it go, some of the buds were brown all the way to the middle while others parts around the infected bud had plenty of fuzz. Im sure i could wash it off as suggested but i dont like the idea of smoking bud that was rotting or had fungus. If the damage was more wide spread then i'd be much more inclined to do it to save my crop but i got lucky catching it quickly and dealing with it.

I defoliated P5 & P6 pretty good since there isnt much harm in doing so at this point in time where the buds are nearing finish. This should help with humidity and avoiding rot. Also ordered an oscillating fan to go on other side from tower fan.

Got plant 3 hung inside closet and a dehumidifier set at 65. Trimmed off a pretty decent amount of popcorn/larf from bottom of plants and left anything that would hopefully be somewhat decent. Will measure this out at a later day when all dried so i know how much P3 gave in good bud and in popcorn.

Normally i would have left all the leaves on to extend drying time but i wasnt going to risk the super bushy plants packed together when they were already rotting.
20190202_130644.jpg
20190202_130701.jpg
20190202_130711.jpg

Well, we were not talking about a totally rotted bud.. Just the lightly infected ones.
You saved them. But buds with rot will continue having.. So I hope they are not hanging there with the test. :eek:

Well, we were not talking about a totally rotted bud.. Just the lightly infected ones.
You saved them. But buds with rot will continue having.. So I hope they are not hanging there with the test. :eek:
I snipped off rotted or mushy parts plus a little extra. Tossed all rotted bud and placed the salvaged bud in mesh dry in closet right near the harvested bud on hangars.

The rest of the crop looks superb mate. Ive not had rot in ever since I started letting my substrate completely dry out after the pk swelling weeks. Plus it has the added benefit of enhancing terps. Good luck with the rest of it cuz.

Back
Top Bottom