Ganesha Says If There's Water Below, Things Will Grow! First SIP Grow

See it's moving upward..

IMG_1688577387540.JPEG
I’m going through a similar situation and I’m thinking 🤔 it’s a N deficiency. Have you made any changes to their feeding? CL🍀

Or it might be a size issue vs nutrients available in the can? as well this is just one main bud, not sixteen big buds it's a lot less plant mass so she's probably not that hungry.
Don't I remember Buds saying 3/4th strength for SIP somewhere?
Hi Bender. You might be out of town at the moment.... plant looks ace. Like a big pineapple growing out of a blade of grass. lol. Remind us of strain and fertilization, brands/names/house? I'm coming back from time away and looking for an easy homestretch reminder of the basics on hand here.

Also, if you keep saying, "Outdoor, SIP and XXL White Widow" in the same sentence and never show me a pic I will get grumpy.

Stay cool, stay safe, stay sane. (Or not, think of them as options.) PS I laughed aloud at the "tent shark" pic, that was online forum gold right there. Be well Bender.

@ReservoirDog I'll get an outdoor picture when I get back, it's at my friends, I gave him a SIP like mine, Barney's farm seeds and nutrients, bionova pellets to mix into the ground so he only has to pour rainwater.
I'm also trying to get him to SIP so I thought the best way is to let him experience the difference.

Indoor now that was Zamnesia critical (freebee seed) with biocanna nutes. I've chopped it, it's basically the main bud you saw, it fattened up a bit more but not much.
I'm not going to grow Zamnesia anymore although the plants are fine and tasty but the way they grow is not the same as the Barneys which grow fatter and bigger from the getgo... and the troubles I've had now I put mainly on the weather & lack of biomass in the tent I need lots of plant for humidity & heatwave is no good for growing inside.

I'll have to consider them as options... as tomorrow morning I jump on the plane and in the evening I'll be at Europe's biggest psychedelic gathering in a nature park in the middle of nowhere, it will be very hot as it's in the South.
So the goal is very much the wildest week of the year, Sun, dancing, workshops, massages, skinny dipping, and lots of geometry and fractals.

When I get back I'm going to see what the weather is like as August the past years have been very hot as well when that passes I'm going to try to grow the Ace Malawi in the tent for the end of the year.
And August/September I hope the outside Barney's will be ready.

Cheers!

Safe trip Bender! Take a heroic dose for me! Are you into DMT? I am. Recently found a new way to say hooray, creating a DMT vape liquid, and it works really, really well, I use my vape mod and after second puff I am gooooooooooooooooonzo! The closest thing I could compare is the scene in Galaxy Quest, when the captain gets picked up in their transparent, gelatinous, gooey transporter system and he is blasted through the cosmos (screaming) at relativistic speed. One minute you're just hitting your mod, the next you're (literally) screaming through the galaxy eyes wide open and in no way convinced it's merely a vivid hallucination. Oh no, this feels like the real deal. Fifteen minutes later, you're talking to your boss on the phone calmly talking about work stuff. God Molecule, indeed. Best advice for using the stuff is when you think you've got there because the world has turned into colourful geometrics, that's the moment to take another massive hit, or two, and then your reality will never be the same, all packed into 15 minutes and very little physical cost! Have a great time, stay safe, sane and cool. If we were neighbours I'd look after your cat while you're gone so long as you brought me back something. oh well.

Brilliant! The smell of changa & palo santo will be everywhere.
I'm taking the Dynavap a bit of spirit amongst the herbs will work great.
Now 'scuse me while I kiss the sky.

Still got so much to do, gonna pack now and the rest of the day and night I'll be cleaning...
Now the cats are a bit of worry as it's the first time I'm away for a longer period, and I raised them from tiny so I'm the mom. They will be fed but probably starving for attention, they are mega snuggle bunnies.

Also, if you keep saying, "Outdoor, SIP and XXL White Widow" in the same sentence and never show me a pic I will get grumpy.
Okay I finally went to have a look today.. and I must say I'm a bit miffed as he decided to break down all the overhead which was glassfibre wavy panels as he thought it didn't let through enough Sunlight (I said really? did you check that, looks like they let through 82% the main problem is the milky plastic he used for the front and sides last year that made it really diffuse inside as there was no more direct light and had plants fill the entire room looking for light which resulted in a way too many tiny buds, still close to three pounds just lots of branches and cleaning work, I said just get rid of that milky stuff so the afternoon and evening Sun can still shine under the plates, but yeah he somehow went all out and removed the top too and I said no no good!!
Now they have been in the rain and it has been raining for weeks.. we've had a heatwave and then it was cold and rainy and stormy for a long time now it's getting better, Sun's out again I mean Belgium is basically Dutch & English weather it's cloudy a lot.. but I convinced him at least to put SIP under protection again so it can dry out and stay dry.

Euhm the right one is Critical Kush that one is looking nice and well we get 14 :53 hours of Sunlight now so she's starting to get ready for the flowering & stretch.
The center is Barney's WW xxl auto in the SIP and the bud size is clearly different from the left BF WW auto straight into the soil.. all plants did have the same soil mix with perlite and the bionova pellets.
There's one more auto off screen and that one had a grow spurt last week and is pretty big too like the one in the pot which is a bit over a meter but the bud girth is way less than in the SIP and a bit less stacked, longer nodes. I feel the SIP will be ready faster probably by a few weeks the time the booklet indicated and will be a bit thicker.. a lot of trichomes are cloudy already, but well the Sun's coming out so still some ripening to go.

The one off screen has thrown out some weird leaves though... I've included those as well with the last pic, but the new growth is pretty classical shaped again.

I hope the Critical kush will get to 1.80-2m-ish they all have been planted pretty late.. not in May but she will be growing hard the next weeks.
Anyhow he was impressed with the growth of the SIP as the buds are way more defined.. so next year a photoperiod in a SIP made with mixing tubs, and couple autos in smaller Sips.. I mean we can still smoke well into next year from last year and we both have a tent that supplies a bit more sweet bud a couple of times a year. outside everything is pretty floral & spicy, I like it though especially through the vape.

IMG_0092 2.JPG

The off screen ww made a bunch of these..
IMG_0089 2.JPG

Sigh, looks like I got scammed buying a new light... online shop where I bought two lights before no problem, third time no charm.
Expensive charm, looks like company is accepting orders but nobody's getting deliveries and that's been going on for some time... I didn't check if the feedback got worse since the previous lights were delivered instantly so I was expecting the same service.
That's a blow as I wanted the bigger light for the photoperiod Ace Sativa as I need stronger and wider flowering coverage to make sure I can fill the tent end to end with photoperiods.

Soo...I've ordered some Barney's Farm Skittlez OG Autos so I can grow sweet bud short and fast with the light that's still hanging, I've got a plan :p
I thought about doing it in 3 smartpots but I couldn't go back, SIPS develop faster and grow bigger buds so I ordered two smaller SIPS I mean a bit, 30cm instead of 39 and 3,5L reservoir instead of 8L.
I guess I could fit three but I feel two and giving both plants some space is better.
And I think those pots are going to be great for photoperiods as well, the one I had now is overkill for my space.

I've also picked up something from GHE now Terra Aquatica, their Dual Part nutrients set for Hard Water maybe I could try it out with my water here and also to not have a smelly res as the biocanna nutes, holy cow yeah that's not meant to put in a res that takes on a life of its own.

Also handy with a SIP, just got word the WW auto got moved under the light indoors, as well August has been dreadful, there's been some Sun but always quickly followed by clouds and heavy rains.
That seems like a good idea to finish and keep her dry.

The seeds & sips have been shipped, two black smaller ones, same design, I think I'm going to move the other gray large one outdoor as well and don't put autos in them but photo Indicas next year, pretty sure that pot can do a pretty large plant, I can't wait to get going.. And after the autos I'm gonna try for a new light again and then I can try the Malawi and with two sips I can keep the grow cycle short as they only need to fill out little space each.

Oh.. I just got a mail from a shop I know nothing about in another location that they shipped my order.. they seem to be carrying what I wanted so I'm guessing there might be a light coming after all? That would make me way less bummed.
If they did right there's a Sanlight EVO 3-100 on the way.

The flowering coverage matches the footprint of my tent, I like the way it's setup with the 3 modules crosswise, now I have one thin bar in the center, it's 50 watts more than what I'm using now, and I believe light will be way more uniformly spread and reach deeper down the buds as it comes from 3 widely spaced sources that have optics that beam down and angle out.
And it can be dimmed to 40%60%80% that will also be more efficient and save me some money as the SP-150 couldn't be dimmed, those first weeks are pretty wasteful for a tiny plant.

Now I don't know what to do, I've got autos, sips & a light in transit.. if the light is here I could do the Malawi, but that's what 18-19 weeks in total?
I'll do the autos first, quick test run of the new light, haven't done autos in the SIP except the one now outside and that one is looking good, maybe they can finally reach their potential with the SIP.
And then grow Malawi from late November to Early March.. Djeezus.. that would be a long time to keep a plant alive inside with a soggy bottom.

I still can't believe the Sanlight is coming as I had written that off as a 400 euro loss in my head, all their social media pages have nothing but complaints, and well they did go quiet for a couple of weeks, I sent a message after 10 days of hey what's up with the order and then it remained silent for two weeks. I think it's some type of dropship operation, dude taking order and then looking for deals and order elsewhere or something.
But in my case it's not a deal as the prices of the shop sending are higher than where I bought so I'm still wondering if the chord and dimmer will be included.. if so then I made a good deal as the prices are higher everywhere else.

So lads
I'm gonna try out these GHE synth nutes to avoid the fishy res and from some voices here I would think for SIP I need to dial them down and for Autos as well. -25% for each? so half strength?

And I need to tune the reservoir to 5,6-8ph? I was doing 6-6,2 which was okay for the first plant, but I think Emilya said go lower.

Party! Okay no great deal, I didn't get the dimmer but still the light I wanted! just ordered the dims somewhere else, as I can already tell full power is a bit much.
And 16" is a bit close, at full power and 16" I'm getting high ppfd readings all well in the 900's with a couple of spots of 1029 and it dropped to 750-850 where I was sitting and pulling the flap away. So closed I'm sure it's high numbers all over.
So I'll doubt I'll actually be running it at full capacity, bit less so I can move in a bit closer.
Or hoist it up in the tent and let the plant grow tall :)

Tent behaviour wil change a bit with temperature needing to be dialed in again with the venting.
But I'm mostly curious about plant behaviour as photos should be happy now anywhere in the tent on 12 hours as there's a light source at the sides not just in the middle.
And I'm also hoping longer stacked buds as I managed a foot with the Mars but after that the buds went wandering for light.

IMG_0102.JPG

hmm now I'm tempted to grow the two Skittlez in ze Sips and just let them rise classic shaped and aim the two main buds in between the modules so they get sidelit from both sides and see how big they get, the tops don't get close to a heat source and lots of energy barreling down on the side branches, but the other side is no you gotta push the screen down now you can perfectly scrog & flower half a square meter.
IMG_0103.JPG

So happy for you how things worked out. It was pretty cool to hear the hesitant hope return to 'your voice' and then, yay! lights! Simple, compelling drama! ha. They look nice too, and v. ergonomic.

For starting plants I have a cheap favourite that's in bulb form and I just hang em from extension cords using a cheap adapter. I don't like wasting energy, nobody does, with these bulbs its important that the actual draw from the wall is over 20-25watts, then you know they're strong enough and worth it. I try to get over 5500 kelvin colour temp, the bluish and green light NM's really sets the plants off with a good head of steam and they leap to life.

What's your grow matrix again? Bagged Soil? Coco? Peat? I have 7.0 water, very soft - low PPM and with my ferts its 6.5-6.0, but because I use a heavily buffered Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss product (Sunshine Mix #4 or Promix) I've not seen any benefit from tweaking the fertigation pH. However, your matrix is what we need to confirm. Congrats, these next plants are going to go nuts with fertigation and the lighting!

So happy for you how things worked out. It was pretty cool to hear the hesitant hope return to 'your voice' and then, yay! lights! Simple, compelling drama! ha. They look nice too, and v. ergonomic.

For starting plants I have a cheap favourite that's in bulb form and I just hang em from extension cords using a cheap adapter. I don't like wasting energy, nobody does, with these bulbs its important that the actual draw from the wall is over 20-25watts, then you know they're strong enough and worth it. I try to get over 5500 kelvin colour temp, the bluish and green light NM's really sets the plants off with a good head of steam and they leap to life.
Haha, yeah I was a bit deflated and now I'm at kid in a candy store levels again as I can't wait for everything to be here and get started.
And very excited about the light as I feel this will make higher yields possible there's just a lot more energy bouncing around inside there's actual energy bouncing of the reflective walls now, the Mars hung in the middle quite far away from any walls.

Euhm the matrix that's a good question, bagged soil, but looking at the roots maybe it's hydroton as that's where most of the webbing is, there's only anchors in the soil.

Oh.. I just got a mail from a shop I know nothing about in another location that they shipped my order.. they seem to be carrying what I wanted so I'm guessing there might be a light coming after all? That would make me way less bummed.
If they did right there's a Sanlight EVO 3-100 on the way.

The flowering coverage matches the footprint of my tent, I like the way it's setup with the 3 modules crosswise, now I have one thin bar in the center, it's 50 watts more than what I'm using now, and I believe light will be way more uniformly spread and reach deeper down the buds as it comes from 3 widely spaced sources that have optics that beam down and angle out.
And it can be dimmed to 40%60%80% that will also be more efficient and save me some money as the SP-150 couldn't be dimmed, those first weeks are pretty wasteful for a tiny plant.

Now I don't know what to do, I've got autos, sips & a light in transit.. if the light is here I could do the Malawi, but that's what 18-19 weeks in total?
I'll do the autos first, quick test run of the new light, haven't done autos in the SIP except the one now outside and that one is looking good, maybe they can finally reach their potential with the SIP.
And then grow Malawi from late November to Early March.. Djeezus.. that would be a long time to keep a plant alive inside with a soggy bottom.
Hey bro I guess I got sidetracked or something but I’m back n will be checking in now n then. Love 💕 the Malawi idea 💡. I’m close to finally finishing a Golden Tiger grow and plan on starting some Cubensis soon. Lmk how the festival was. Happy trails. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Seeds arrived, Three Barney's Skittlez OG auto, a free Zamnesia Amnesia Haze auto and a scratch card with 3 more automatics valid until end of next month.

I'm scared of the Ace Malawi as it grows all over the place for months, so first get acquainted with the new light and new nutes and see what the tent does with temps with them autos, that seems like the safest bet.

Serious upgrade to the tent, double sips ready to be filled and whopper light, in this pic it also looks more like what it is, the picture yesterday made it kinda warm and mellow light.
Hmm triple sips one under each light module, but I feel that would be too crowded.
IMG_0107.JPG

Now the goal should be to get to here again as that was my last smartpot grow from the other thread which kinda went really well.
IMG_0698.jpg

Dimmer has arrived, odd looking thing with a little magnetic key.
Now I can engage the soft start to gently wake up the plants, it goes from 0% to your dim setting in 5 minutes.
And I can cut power to 80/60/40%
IMG_0180 2.JPG
There's also a bluetooth version available that allows you to draw an intensity curve on an app over 24 hrs.
I might pick that up in the future to experiment with.

I already gave it a test and great, at 40% it runs at 76watts and I need to keep it at 19.6" for seedlings.. That is the prescribed working distance of the light and seems to hold true.. But If I move that a couple inches closer I'm getting excellent veg numbers so damn I feel I could save on power with this big time just by using the lower power modes and height as the spread is very uniform. the tent is now basically divided in three 50x33cm zones with each a 63 watt module above it

Now the thing I'm still worrying about is the autos.. although in the SIPs they could grow big there's no guarantee I could end up with two plants that give 80 grams each which is what I usually manage in smaller fabric pots so it should be a bit more.
So I'm thinking I should germinate all three Skittlez and add a smartpot, if the Sips get big I can take it out, but if the plants stay in their pot footprint I got three instead of two.
I can't take the chance of like a 160gr run.. I feel like every time I fire up the tent now I have to aim at like 300gr.
Which could be doable with two autos, each 150 isn't wild. but I see like average dry weight indoor is like 98 gram for the Skittlez OG.

Some of the Barney's Farm White Widow auto outdoors.
The smell is incredibly fruity, like not at all what I remember from WW from the Ol' Dutch Coffeeshop
The flavour with the Dynavape as well very sweet and fruity, pre-cure.
So that's nice.

Euhm this thread can close as the SIP tests are done.

The new grow is here Ganesha's Evolution

IMG_0255.JPG

Back
Top Bottom