Ganesha Says If There's Water Below, Things Will Grow! First SIP Grow

I put some bendy clips on the leaves to get some of the rest exposed but I kinda already feel bad as I said I would do nothing.
Now the shape of the plant will somewhat change.. Cause maybe the natural shape is rather perfect for the main cola, the side buds get shaded until they are long enough to get out from under the leaves whilst most energy goes to main development.

When did I start this Second of May.. Still running on the first res.
The ease of this keeps being ridiculous.
And the growth rate is just superb, you don't get to look at the same plant twice.

I did make a huge error when flipping the plant.. I took time off the night instead of the day.. which means she's lights on when it's hot afternoon outside.. is there a way I can fix that? one short pain and shift it? or shift an hour each day?

IMG_0983.jpg

Okay tomorrow I'm just gonna do a hard flip and shift everything 6 hours that way she runs evening till morning.
Might also stimulate more growth as she'll be searching for light for that amount of time.

The res will get empty in a few day then I'm switching to the biocanna flores nutes.
I'm actually quite happy with that stuff, I switched to this after Hesi and the buds have been nice, but mostly very little leaf problems with these.. even in the smart pots they worked swimmingly.

I perhaps picked up something foolish as when shopping I also bought some more Monster Bud Mix, but that stuff is okay great for Autos and I'm gonna use that outside, pellets that feed for 10-11 weeks.
But with the Malawi in the future I picked up some powderfeed for long flowering sativas from greenhouse seeds as I thought that might be handy, but after buying looking it up (I should reverse that action next time) can't find much positive about it.
And if it ain't broke don't fix it.. so I'll just continue using up what I've got now.

Even with leaves bendy clips are of little use.. they just get overridden by the growth.
Gotta tie things down if you want to change trajectory.
Oh well.
I'm also getting all kinds of weird attempts at 11 fingered leaves but she doesn't know how to organise them so weird little bunch ups at the back or leaves on top of leaves.

I wonder where she will end up as I'm not expecting that much expansion she already jumped quite a bit.
Mini but plump that's what I'm hoping for.

IMG_0997.JPG
IMG_0996.JPG

Even with leaves bendy clips are of little use.. they just get overridden by the growth.
Gotta tie things down if you want to change trajectory.
Or you could use weights. I use bullet shaped fishing weights in three different sizes to manage my plants. The smaller ones are good for keeping leaf tucking in place and sometimes multiples of the heavy ones are needed for the limbs.

Yay or Nay to get some light to the sides? and tomorrow on the other side? dedum dedum dedudedodom break on through...
IMG_1007.JPG

I already put it back I was just looking hmm maybe that will coax out some side branches more.
The reservoir has been dry for few days and just filled her half with calmag and biocanna rhizotonic & flores.
Maybe a bit early but it's after flip, I mean pretty sure for vegging she could still veg healthy for weeks with just the soil in the can.
Cause I did go in with a full reservoir the first time and that pretty much instantly permeates the whole medium with half of the res in just a couple of hours.
IMG_1008.JPG

I'm really curious how this is going to end up as this is by far the earliest and smallest flower yet, usually I wait t'ill I'm out of the footprint of the can before I even think of flowering.. this might finish inside the footprint, I dunno, I'm hoping the main will be the stubbiest chonker I've seen.

I just had to raise the light as the top was only cm's away from it.
And since this is mainly a thread to test out SIP and this is the second SIP grow, again nothing but happy plant with 0 effort. I've watered twice up until now.
There's like no worry at all it's weird and uncanny.. I'm just reading a discussion about wet & dry cycles being the ticket... never again! :p I can grow weeks without doing anything.

IMG_1687282612436.JPEG

Kinda weird, right? I share the same feelings with these things.
Oh my, I promoted the SIP on the tube in the comments.... was met with many unbelievers.. but I guess they did some googling and now they're returning with this or that guy is indeed getting huge plants with it.

Oh my, I promoted the SIP on the tube in the comments.... was met with many unbelievers.. but I guess they did some googling and now they're returning with this or that guy is indeed getting huge plants with it.
Wet feet go against everything horticulture has taught since early days. But, it's not the bottom watering that's the real secret.  That secret can be found in the air chamber.

I truly believe this will be the new standard, just as wet/dry was before. The difference is that this is so stupid easy that even first time growers can have great success.

I saw a video from Build A Soil where Jeremy grew in the Earthboxes one season. He said something to the effect that these are nice for a new grower, but once you get some experience you'll graduate to the wet/dry approach. Not for me though. I don't think I'll ever grow in different containers given a choice.

I saw a video from Build A Soil where Jeremy grew in the Earthboxes one season. He said something to the effect that these are nice for a new grower, but once you get some experience you'll graduate to the wet/dry approach. Not for me though. I don't think I'll ever grow in different containers given a choice.
He's still using the earthboxes, and has started trying out autopots.
I think that speaks for itself.

He's still using the earthboxes, and has started trying out autopots.
I think that speaks for itself.
Hmmm. Wonder if he's changing his tune. 🤔

During that season he talked about how he grew one in an Earthbox on the deck at his house and how it was a pretty easy grow.

Wet feet go against everything horticulture has taught since early days. But, it's not the bottom watering that's the real secret.  That secret can be found in the air chamber.

I truly believe this will be the new standard, just as wet/dry was before. The difference is that this is so stupid easy that even first time growers can have great success.

Lol someone mentioned Jeremy I have no idea who we're talking, they first were like no, it's not that great but then they explained the process to someone else and mentioned that Jeremy from BAS.. that he was growing 6 foot autos in it.

And I'm like 6 foot autos? what other proof do you need? That's like catching optimal weather in full soil, that's when I've seen autos grow that big.

I'm mainly looking for the easiest way as I want to try if I can use the slow release pellet nutes and rainwater.. well that's the setup on the outside sip with white widow xxl auto. As if that goes well and I can skip the nutes & mixing process and just feed rainwater and mix those pellets in the pot that would even simplify the process more.

And on the other end of the spectrum I suggested if these grow so well out of the box, why not use these as a platform to experiment and look to optimise or push for more.

Leaves are up again, it was noticeable that the res ran dry. But yeah I think I mainly have the same structure again as last time, my plant doesn't drink from the soil but from the res as when you seed in it that tap root goes down down down until she's there.

I'm also seeing slight yellow tips and I find the leaves very thin structured, hmm

What I need to do (certainly if I want to feed slow release nutes in the soil with pellets) is do the sippy cup thing as well and pregrow a rootball so I get a more soil exploring plant.. Maybe even increase the distance with the hydroton from the res, so she would be just happy sipping from the soil or at least delay what's going on now, if she completely explored the soil and then decides to grow through ok.

IMG_1687796901011.JPEG

hmm today I'm noticing some downturned leaves and some yellowing ones the bottom.
I'm fearing two things, one is not enough light as well since I haven't opted for scrogging the only thing that is getting enough light is the main bud as my light isn't strong enough for growing like this.
Two, she's been growing in 32°c the past few weeks with all the heat outside.
I should be able to cool the room a lot now I have shades for the roof windows on the outside but yeah damage can be already be done down there at the roots.

Watcha all liking, this is no good :)
But yeah I just had to experience what I knew, I knew in advance my light isn't powerful enough, if you tightly scrog under it, it's great, works like a charm, put it above a regular plant you're basically just feeding the top.

I knew in advance from previous year that growing inside from June till August is also far from ideal yet here we are, the chance of unhappy plants & pests is too high.
Summers used to be pretty mild here, but that's no more.

I'm also leaving in 20 days, with the way she's going I don't know if there will be much..
Oh well it was a recycle experiment with a freebee seed.

In other news the Barney's farms outside are going great, Critical Kush photo & 3x White Widow xxl Auto.
And the one in the SIP is showing the nicest leaves is what I'm hearing, I'll go visit soon.
This one was also uppotted in the SIP.
They all have food for 11 weeks, I'm hoping for the autos that will be enough, maybe the Kush will need some more.
Highly likely as regular photos grow massive in that location since 2016 it's always been 7'-ish and extremely wide with +- 2,7pounds
And they are not outside outside they are sheltered from the rain.
I'm hoping the XXL autos also deliver.
Then we can turn the rest of last years harvest into hash and have nice Barney's buds to smoke or well vape.

Back
Top Bottom