Ganesha Says If There's Water Below, Things Will Grow! First SIP Grow

Not going to lie, I am a bit worried.. I do not have the space for the growth it's showing.
I'm kinda thinking of flipping tomorrow at week 6 so the stretch fills out the rest.
Doing so will let you see how it develops and will better inform your next grow to better dial it in.

I have a small flowering space and have to do the same.

Doing so will let you see how it develops and will better inform your next grow to better dial it in.

I have a small flowering space and have to do the same.
Yep! Imma doing it.
I mean I can't wait, the way it's growing now, the difference since topping is crazy.. add three weeks of stretch?
It'll be a monster.. feed me Seymour! feeed meee!

Gorgeous growth FB. Cute cat too. Gotta think you’re happy with situation so far. I’m not clear on what all is in that pot under the clay balls.
Oh yes at the moment a sip convert, this grows like crazy with hardly any effort.
Euhm just soil.. it's clay balls- plagron lightmix -clay balls, and in the centre there's a couple inches of tube with soil-perlite alternating.

First night of 12 hours.. and I can already tell everything is up, this is going to be nuts.
gonna need to defoliate get some light in there and well the ability to see what's going on and guide a bit better now it's just a bungle.
IMG_0877.JPG

First night of 12 hours.. and I can already tell everything is up, this is going to be nuts.
gonna need to defoliate get some light in there and well the ability to see what's going on and guide a bit better now it's just a bungle.
IMG_0877.JPG
Can't wait to see her fill it. :thumb:
Looking good, great color.
Hope everything is going well my friend.
Take care.

#Vivosun #LoveWhatYouGrow
Bill284 😎

End of week one after flipping.. not much to report as well I'm doing nothing.. the tent is automated, the plant has food I'm just waiting.
IMG_0886.JPG
:popcorn:hehe

:ciao:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

:popcorn:hehe

:ciao:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎
Well frankly this is ridiculous.. this is by far the easiest grow yet, and comparable to my DWC days without any of the complexity.. then I spent two years mucking about with soil and airpots but no thanks bug hotel and smart pots, but those only started to work well after applying your soil perlite hack.. as I always had soggy problems.. but now switching to this.. grown in the soggiest soil ever is just easy peasy :ganjamon:

Aha!! out of curiosity I gave my pot a shake.. and the water level meter is only moving sideways and not bopping up and down. SOoo Only thing I think that can explain that is that the res is empty but colonised by roots!!! and they've grown under or in the level so it can't get down completely again.

I got the level bopping again by filling up the res.. that was empty indeed as I heard no sloshing.
So now when the level gets above low I need to go by sound as I'm pretty sure it's roots obstructing, I mean what else could it be?
I mean I knew this was going to happen as I said from the beginning hey aren't the roots going to just go straight for the jugular?

I must report a foul smell, probably having the res run dry wasn't great for the whole water motion as I have yet to see the top of the soil to get as saturated as before.. still pretty dry...

Also who says the water channels aren't blocked ? and it's just sucking up from the res letting very little moisture through to the rest.
The plant still looks great, but the bottom is getting funky I believe as the smell is indicating.. could also be the weeks of accumulation, I mean rhizotonic reeks like dead fish anyways, pour that in a res and add some more and leave it.. will it get more or less stinky? :)

I mean res colonisation would foul up the whole idea anyway, must prevent that. just hope she just putters through the next weeks and delivers some nugs.

That's always a bit scary!! :nervous-guy:
It's usually not a great sign that's true, but I've heard about smelly res before in one of the SIPS threads, I'm putting it down to the nutes who are not ideal for this system and are leaving quite the putrid film behind in the res.
As long as the plant keeps looking like it does I'm not worried.. of course if it starts to fade I'm screwed.

Back
Top Bottom