G'day

Boppa

I have just germinated a pinapple chunk and a northern lights x big buds, any help would be appreciated.
This is my first time growing and this crop will be grown outdoors. I planted on the 31st and they look good so far however Im worried about leaving them outside all day. We have been having some really hot dry days recently and im concerned they couldnt handle it. How much sun should they get in these early stages?

Cheers.........Boppa

:welcome: Boppa to :420: The best place on the web for help, advice and the friendliest support you could ask for.

Pictures are always helpful - and the best way to get advice from the best growers is to start a Grow Journal. I highly recommend it. The good folk here saved my girls more than once. :)

I've only done one outdoor grow, so until somebody more experienced comes along I'll tell you my experience. Last summer the temps here were in the high 90s / low 100s. I experienced slow growth (they were using their energy trying to keep cool) and leaf burn until I moved them into dappled shade during the hottest part of the day. Also, like an idiot, I was putting them on stone walls which got hot and cooked the soil and roots from beneath. I therefore raised them to allow airflow underneath the pots. These actions sorted the problem. Although the plants were a LOT smaller than one would expect. :laughtwo:

Hope that helps you. :peace:

Hi, I have started a grow journal "my first grow I hope this goes well", I have added so e pics for you to look at. My Northern lights is very stumpy, which concerns me. And my pinapple chunk has streached, I have just added more soil to the pot for added sopport.
It has been 9 day days growth so far and im not sure if they are supposed to be like this? Is it normal for these strains to look like the pics? How long should I leave them outside during the day? When should I feed? What about watering?
Your assistance would be very much appreciated, as the same time I germinated a White Widow however it never took off and im worried my babies will go the same way!
20150108_154251.jpg
20150108_154231.jpg

Your fine water less!!!! Let pot dry out before watering. Don't give any nutes. I don't until 6 plus good sites have started. What's your outside temp during day? Do you have supplemental lightning for when you bring them in?

Hi again Boppa! I recommend keeping the temperature between 21 - 30 degrees, they can stand higher temps but won't grow as well...higher humidity worked for me during most of veg. I've been in flower now for a while and I've been keeping humidity low for the entire flower.... that's seemed to work well. I found an inexpensive ph meter to be invaluable. Good luck!
Greenest Regards, :green_heart: :Namaste:
BEATEO

Dutty and Beateo know what they're talking about! NO nutes. Water only when the pot is dry. What water are you using? Rainwater is ideal. Keep them out of the midday sun whilst they're tiny. What soil are they in? It should NOT have any added nutes in it, otherwise it'll be too hot for them. Summer night temps here are 19-24C so I leave my baby girls out as long as it's not going to rain.

Everything you'll need to know is here. Use those links that Beateo gave you and read, read, read. :cheesygrinsmiley:

And pop the link to your journal in your signature so we can come over and help. Don't be afraid to keep asking questions.
:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom