General Hydroponics Flora series Question

WTF, no, what I meant was, i tried a grow, one each with the diff ones, so one full grow using on FloraNova.....then did a grow using nothing but 3 part. what i was trying to get at was, both grows could not withstand the full power nute dosage that is listed on the bottles. I had to go with 1/2 strength for both grows, because I had the curling leaves issue, you can see my post about it on this forum somewhere :)

It's official. I'm retarded. Sorry Naph.. Been up since 5am working .. Haven't even smoked..

WW girls are half strength per the Naph. Thanks!

Nutrient Calculator is the best option to use if you are unsure of how much nutrient your plant requires.

A couple of weeks back, I was under the same dilemma and I preferred using a Nutrient Calculator that I found at Advanced Nutrients. Try it Out, i'm sure it'll be helpful for you too.

FloraNova series was too messy for me, the brown gunk on everything (ebb/flow hydroton) had to go 1/2 strength with them

THIS.

Aside from the one time I tried molasses in the reservoir I have NEVER had as nasty a mess to clean as the ONE time I tried FloraNova. Eff that. Eff that sideways.

I switched to GH 3 part, and all was well, no mess...I found that 1/2 strength was perfect for White Widow, Blue Widow and a mixed strains pack from peakseedsbc.

Their 3 part is the only thing they make that I'll use, and then really only in a pinch. Now that AN has Jungle Juice out that is a clone of the GH 3 part AND costs less, I doubt I'll ever buy from GH again.

Wow, this thread was brought back from the DEAD! Still relevant though. Fun to see posts from before my first harvest.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Let me start by sayin that GH nutes r the best I have used (flora)...I tried goin "organic" but I had issues w the sludge cloggin drippers and airstones real fast like in a week!! But I still use molasses in final weeks cuz u have 2 douche the system anyway and florakleen does a great job of "decomposing" the sludge...I think organic is mostly 4 soil...2much fallout 4 hyrdo IMO..

How did things turn out for you Munki?

IAfiend - I would never recommend using molasses in hydroponics, it can clog stuff up so much faster than organics will. Nightmare stuff.

As far as organics goes I would agree with one exception - Iguana Juice is all organic and its actually clean enough to run in hydroponics without screwing everything up. I do organic from time to time, and that's what I use. It never gives me any trouble.

How did things turn out for you Munki?

IAfiend - I would never recommend using molasses in hydroponics, it can clog stuff up so much faster than organics will. Nightmare stuff.

As far as organics goes I would agree with one exception - Iguana Juice is all organic and its actually clean enough to run in hydroponics without screwing everything up. I do organic from time to time, and that's what I use. It never gives me any trouble.

I do use molasses along with karo light corn syrup 2 weeks prior to flush in my hydro system. never had a problem with this stuff clogging my pumps.. I dont know if people are just taking the molasses from the jar into the reservoir but I put it in a bowl first and add water and mix the stuff until its a watery substance b4 I put it in my reservoir.

Iguana juice is the "Shit"... lol... literally. IMO.. I feel that is the best stuff out there.. and I have used it in my hydro systems and it works great. Going to buy my own iguana.
:peacetwo:

QUOTE]

this is y i explained to use in the FINAL 2 weeks cuz u have to tear it down and douce it anyways...the lil xtra work isnt so bad when ur smokin a fatty of ur molasses infused buds :roorrip:

Iguana juice is the "Shit"... lol... literally. IMO.. I feel that is the best stuff out there.. and I have used it in my hydro systems and it works great. Going to buy my own iguana.
:peacetwo:

I know, right? I have never had any good experience with another organic nutrient in my hydroponics. Not even the new General Organics that GH makes. Iguana Juice is just lightyears ahead of them.

this is y i explained to use in the FINAL 2 weeks cuz u have to tear it down and douce it anyways...the lil xtra work isnt so bad when ur smokin a fatty of ur molasses infused buds :roorrip:

I hadn't thought of that. The two times I tried molasses in hydroponics it only took a few days for things to turn to crap so I'm not sure I'd risk it for even the last two weeks, but that would definitely minimize the risk.

Of course I typically have Bud Candy on hand, so that's a much safer alternative IMHO. It's built for hydro and I can use it all through flowering without problems.

I have a question of my own using the flora series. Im using a soil mixture indoors in potted plants (obviously) Am I supposed to water the plants with the nutrient solution every time they need watering, save plain water every week; or am I only supposed to use the nutrient once a week and water in between?

You should alternate - one feeding, one watering, one feeding, one watering, and so on.

Only water when your pots are just about to get dry (not dry enough they wilt, but just before that happens). If you keep the roots too wet you'll have problems and every time they don't have quite as much water as they'd like the roots are encouraged to grow deeper, looking for more water. The bigger your roots, the better.

Also, you want to make sure that when you water with plain water you add enough to generate just a little run-off. Collect that run-off and check the ppm. If it starts to get progressively higher you may need to back off the ppm of your feedings. Definitely back it off if you start getting run-off anywhere near as strong as your feeding dosage. It's easy for hydro nutes to build up in soil and end up poisoning your plants, especially the cheaper ones like the Flora series.

And while we're talking about cheap, you can save a few bucks by buying Jungle Juice instead of Flora series. Advanced Nutrients copied the formula of the Flora series and sells it as Jungle Juice, only cheaper. I don't know if General Hydroponics just doesn't know how to make it as cheap as AN does, or if they just overcharge, but there's no sense paying more for the same thing, right?

WEEKLY FEEDING SCHEDULE:
Week 1 (rooted clones or 3 leaf-sets on seedlings) : 2.5 ml EACH Grow, Micro & Bloom
Week 2: 5ml Grow + 2.5ml Micro + 2.5ml Bloom
Week 3: 10ml Grow + 5ml Micro + 3ml Bloom
Week 4 until 12/12 : 12ml Grow + 6ml Micro + 3ml Bloom
Week 1 of 12/12 : 6ml Grow + 6mil Micro+10ml Bloom
Week 2 of 12/12: 3ml Grow + 7ml Miccro + 12ml Bloom
Week 3: 3ml Grow + 8ml Micro + 14ml Bloom
Week 4: 3ml Grow + 8ml Micro + 16ml Bloom
Week 5: 2..5 Grow + 7ml Micro + 18ml Bloom
Week 6: NO GROW + 6ml Micro + 20ml Bloom USE UNTIL FLUSH!
Flush 10-14 days before harvesting

so im new to this i have done hydro with tomatoes lettuce squash cucumber pretty much a bit of everthing. but when reading this feeding schedule i have a question. when i first start my reservoir for week one should i dump out what i have to start week 2? or just add to my existing h20 supply increasing its potency overtime? and when it says flush 10-14 before harvesting what does that mean? just run clean h20? again im new to this side of the fence. Any and all help is appreciated.

I Am doing soil grow and my questions are, how do i use the flora series with clones? Should i start putting the nutrients after the roots grow or since day one? Also i have the mother plant and i want to keep it alive without flowering to continue getting moree clones, for this plant how should i use the nutrients? Do i have to stop putting them or i reduce the portions?

Do not use nutrients on cuttings, start nutrients at 1/4 strength or weaker(strain dependant)for clones with about 2 inch roots.

Mother plants are also something you have to test to see where she is happy, try dialing back the nutrients to 3/4 strength and see how she reacts and go from there. Or try nutrients every other watering and see if she is OK with that. But yes she will need some form of nutrient.

Back
Top Bottom