Getting going on this years grow (ATL)

Tamemoe

Hey guys I'm planning on growing outdoors this season. This will be my first time growing outdoors but I need a little help.

Here are some of my questions:

1. Okay so I got my seeds and they are germinated and I've place them in some cups with soil no nuets and - if I used at 50wat light to start the plants(2 plants under a 50watt)

^ Could I leave them under the 50watt untill they are healthy enough to grow on their own outside? The temps outside like 67-78F

2. How long would that be until the plants are ready to be moved outside to finish growing?

I'll start with those two questions.
~mOe

You might want to give them more light or try putting them in a window that gets sun if you can. Plant them outside when there is no more chance of frost. Google "average last frost" date for your area. If your temps are in the 70s, it sounds like you're passed the last frost date. If possible, try setting them outside in their cups before you're ready to plant so they get accustom to full sun and wind. I put mine in the ground when they have two sets of true leaves.

The earlier you can get them in the better. My Durban Poison were started inside on 2/17, sprouted in 5 days and grew under red/blue led for 6 weeks. Now being outside, they get great light but at a flowering cycle time period. I can easily see which are male and which are female. I just toss the males. One plant has a pea size female bud on it now. I will wait till the summer and clone it and grow them in my garden. I had a plant 10 years ago from bag seeds that I started the same way and by harvest in Nov. it was 8'tall and 6' wide! But I'm in Phoenix.

Back
Top Bottom